Refreshed Figo

Figo is basd on previous generation Fiesta so could be added to Mexican production if there was need...

But previous gen Fiesta is still in production in Brazil, hence my comment. Importing Figo from India (which is what Ford Mexico is doing) must involve some pretty interesting logistic when Ford can import Brazilian MK5 Fiesta duty free. Mexico used to receive the Brazilian MK5 Fiesta so I was just openly wondering why the choice of Figo instead.

http://www.ford.com.br/showroom.asp?veiculo=41

It'd be bad business for Ford to do it, but I've always wished they'd bring this car out in the states. It'd be nice to have something less ugly than the Versa in that price range.

I don't think Ford is interested in the sub-13k market in the US/Canada, The next vehicle that will show up here in that price range is the Ecosport - probably start at 16k and go up to 22k. Slots nicely under the Escape, and still fits with Fords slightly upmarket move the have been doing in recent years.

I don't think Ford is interested in the sub-13k market in the US/Canada, The next vehicle that will show up here in that price range is the Ecosport - probably start at 16k and go up to 22k. Slots nicely under the Escape, and still fits with Fords slightly upmarket move the have been doing in recent years.

Exactly... The budget/value car is for emerging markets, not NA or Europe. Remember Ford is a global company and some of the products out there won't see the light of day outside South America, Africa, India, and China.