2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT test

aneekr

The FWD Fusion 2L should get the job done in the low 6s range if the heavier AWD 2L gets it done in 6.6s.

Also note the handling numbers. The Fusion is the better performer, even on less sticky tires and saddled with AWD.

This Honda is a great car, though. I really like the styling.

Edited by GT-Keith

While the Fusion may be the better all around car I was very surprised at how much better the Accord Sport with manual trans. was when compared to the Fusion SE with the 1.6L and manual trans. The Accord beats it in price, features, and acceleration. I think that might be a first for a Honda, especially the price part, but it's still a low volume seller so it doesn't matter much in the whole scheme of things.

The FWD Fusion 2L should get the job done in the low 6s range if the heavier AWD 2L gets it done in 6.6s.

Also note the handling numbers. The Fusion is the better performer, even on less sticky tires and saddled with AWD.

This Honda is a great car, though. I really like the styling.

The only problem with this is that the Fusion equipped with a 2.0-liter EB doesn't have the manual available with it like the Accord in the article does, only the 1.6-liter EB comes with the stick and it's much slower. And the V6-equipped Accord, which would be comparable to the 2.0-liter EB Fusion, is much quicker and handles as good as, if not better than the Fusion in FWD configuration, for those that keep track of such things in midsize family sedans.(?)

I'd vote for the Mustang V6 engine going into Fusion ST or a new higher displacement EB I4. The Fusion ST will be 600 pounds heavier and will need at least 300hp IMO.

MKZ gets an AWD 3.7 V6 set up, maybe an exclusive ST could have that with paddle shift, a nice 6-speed manual option would be nice too.

there is a 6-speed manual trans available in AWD for the Euro Diesel Kugas, I wonder if that could be adapted as a HP box for USA..

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

MKZ gets an AWD 3.7 V6 set up, maybe an exclusive ST could have that with paddle shift, a nice 6-speed manual option would be nice too.

there is a 6-speed manual trans available in AWD for the Euro Diesel Kugas, I wonder if that could be adapted as a HP box for USA..

I'm trying to find the torque capacity of that transmission as well as the 6M used in the Focus ST. If either can be adapted for AWD as well as handle 280 lb-ft of torque, then sure.

• 2 weeks later...

The manual Accord sedan does indeed seem pretty nice, but I'm disappointed by the lack of options:

• only two exterior color choices
  • black cloth interior - no options for other colors or leather
  • memory seats not available
  • heated seats not available

But, given the standard equipment it does have, it certainly seems like a lot of car for the price. It would be a tempting alternative to the Fusion manual for people who don't care about the limited options.