Extended Warranty

deadman64

Jeff, where did you buy it online?

I'm not Jeff, but:

I have purchased two esp plans from -flood ford esp- in the past. Saw them recommended by posters on some other car-specific websites as having lower prices. They had the lowest price that I could find at the time I was looking (caveat: I compared them to around 4-5 others. I did not spend a week looking around at numerous places). -troy ford esp- may be another good one to check. They had the best prices I found when shopping for an out-of-original-warranty esp plan.

I did not have any issues with the transactions. It was also nice that you did not have to provide an email address to get a quote. One place I looked at needed an email address where they would send you a "discount" code that enabled you to finally get their lowest price.

When you start looking around online you realize how much some dealers mark these things up.

Edited by RedFusion

Agreed, but I'd hate for a repair to cost more than what the warranty cost up front and then miss out on it paying for itself.

I'm concerned because the 2013 is a whole new design and engine design so who knows what will go wrong...plus there is MFT which I guess is only covered for 3 years.

If this site is correct, MFT warranty was extended to 5 yrs.

http://m.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/myford-touch-getting-second-update-extended-warranty/

So they ganged up on you - thankfully I just had the one finance guy present me the info sheets and ask if I was interested, I said no but wanted a quote in case I wanted to buy it later, he printed out the figures and then moved on. I have since bought a Ford ESP plan online, which was $535 cheaper than what the dealer offered.

Me too :)

I'm not Jeff, but:

I have purchased two esp plans from -flood ford esp- in the past. Saw them recommended by posters on some other car-specific websites as having lower prices. They had the lowest price that I could find at the time I was looking (caveat: I compared them to around 4-5 others. I did not spend a week looking around at numerous places). -troy ford esp- may be another good one to check. They had the best prices I found when shopping for an out-of-original-warranty esp plan.

I did not have any issues with the transactions. It was also nice that you did not have to provide an email address to get a quote. One place I looked at needed an email address where they would send you a "discount" code that enabled you to finally get their lowest price.

When you start looking around online you realize how much some dealers mark these things up.

Yep, I also bought it there, and this was the third plan I bought from them.

I feel pretty good about the 5yr 48K (I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles) I got online. My finance guy at my dealership offered it to me, I politely turned it down, and we moved on.. no hassle.

Yep, I also bought it there, and this was the third plan I bought from them.

Thanks, seems like troy ford is 300 cheaper than flood.

My concern was that these sites were a scam. But I guess you purchase it online and my dealer will seem I'm covered for an extended warranty and won't give me any trouble about it??

Thanks, seems like troy ford is 300 cheaper than flood.

My concern was that these sites were a scam. But I guess you purchase it online and my dealer will seem I'm covered for an extended warranty and won't give me any trouble about it??

Sure there are plenty of scams out there, so I can only attest to the past experience with Flood. The order was processed quickly, I got the confirmation in the mail about a week later, and when I took my car to the service department at my local Ford dealer they verified that I was covered. The only thing that first seemed odd was that my credit card had a charge to something like Sacucci Honda -- but turns out that both dealers are owned by the same company, so no worries except from your post maybe I could have saved another $300 by purchasing from Troy...

Edited by jeff_h

Our 08 transmission has a SEVER downshift "at times."

A few months before our warranty ran out I got a quote from an online dealer, can't remember which.

Printed and gave it to our dealer.

Asked him if he could meet or beat. He came back $10.00 higher.

We took it :hi5: .

ab

Flood Ford...that's who I bought my car from. Good people there! Isn't it true that you are able to get the esp plan as long as your car is still under warranty for the same price as if you got it at the very beginning? I think I might wait a year or two to see what issues may come up before doing the esp.

Yeah, I think I'll wait then. I would think that if there were any issues, other than normal wear/tear, they would mostly pop up in the first few years. If the car seems to be problematic with issues after 2 years, I will probably spring for it even it cost another $100.

It's $100 more after the first 12 months but yes you can add it any time prior to the expiration of the 3/36K warranty.

Yep. $100 more after the first 12 months. And actually, you can get a Ford esp plan added after your warranty expires. That troy ford esp site has good info on it. If I had gone the used car route, I was looking to do one. Note: the flood ford site did not offer that option.

The plans are a little more expensive, and from what I read you have to get some inspection form filled out by a mechanic, but the nice thing about those out-of-warranty-type plans was that the coverage "clock" started the day you purchased the plan, not from the vehicle in-service date.

Edited by RedFusion