2013 Escape Center Console Storage

Escapism

Well, I think most of us agree that the storage options take some getting used to. Is it just plain bad? I don't think so, in a breaking of bad habits kind-of-way.

Since my Toyota Rav is parked out on the street collecting dust I decided to transfer the items I wanted from it into the Escape. What I discovered is that I am a lazy pack rat. I must of found a two dozen pens and pencils just as an example. When I had filled up 3 or 4 plastic grocery bags of stuff I was awestruck.

Thank God the Escape has the storage where the spare tire is or I might of lost my mind. But the Escape has forced me to rethink a few things. Do I need dozens of pens and pencils? Of course not. So on a positive note this vehicle has taught me to keep my ride a little more tidy.

The center console is deep, like Marianna Trench Deep. You simply cannot keep putting loose items in there because it will just pile up and turn into a rats nest. My solution is to put items in pouches that I can easily find in the dark since WE HAVE NO LIGHT OVERHEAD OR INSIDE THE COMPARTMENT! i am thinking of buying some sort of small battery operated touch light and mounting it on the underside. We'll see, maybe later. In the meantime here are my pouches, the largest being 4 x 6 inches. That one goes in last and believe me I have alot of stuff in these babies. The round coin pouch is nice and handy.

The cargo net I got on ebay. It is actually for a mazda but the four attachment hooks and the stretchable size were perfect.

post-48549-0-01220900-1352062149_thumb.jpg

post-48549-0-11832300-1352062169_thumb.jpg

post-48549-0-12831100-1352062185_thumb.jpg

Edited by Escapism

Considering I was interested in the GMC Terrain/Chevy Equinox with notebook-sized center storage, I was disappointed with the Escape center storage. But some creative use of the in-door storage I have decided that it is OK. Still....