New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Well, I've had my car for about two weeks. I really like the adaptive cruise control and I have been working on learning the voice commands that I would use most frequently. I know others have complained about MFT, but so far I like it. The car seems to have pretty good pickup. Also love the memory settings for the seats- it works great when the drivers are pretty different heights!

Sadly I had to drop it off today to have the dealer look at a few issues. When I picked up the car it had a small tear in the leather of the back seat (I was not thrilled about that). As for the other issues, I am wondering if others are experiencing the same things. 1) Driver's side footwell seems to get pretty cold- passenger side set at same temp seems much warmer. 2) Overhead bin, for sunglasses, rattles like crazy! If I press and hold on it, the noise stops for a little while. 3) The dreaded gas tank issues.... This one I have seen other posts for. My tank seems to only take 12-12.5 gallons even with gas light on.

Well, I've had my car for about two weeks. I really like the adaptive cruise control and I have been working on learning the voice commands that I would use most frequently. I know others have complained about MFT, but so far I like it. The car seems to have pretty good pickup. Also love the memory settings for the seats- it works great when the drivers are pretty different heights!

Sadly I had to drop it off today to have the dealer look at a few issues. When I picked up the car it had a small tear in the leather of the back seat (I was not thrilled about that). As for the other issues, I am wondering if others are experiencing the same things. 1) Driver's side footwell seems to get pretty cold- passenger side set at same temp seems much warmer. 2) Overhead bin, for sunglasses, rattles like crazy! If I press and hold on it, the noise stops for a little while. 3) The dreaded gas tank issues.... This one I have seen other posts for. My tank seems to only take 12-12.5 gallons even with gas light on.

Man, I'd be pissed about that leather as well! How are they handling the leather issue?

How do you like the 2.0L?

Also love the memory settings for the seats- it works great when the drivers are pretty different heights!

Besides the memory seat option, I've found the easy entry/exit feature to be very useful. I'm 6-3+ and find it much easier to get in and out of the car.

Edited by hermans

Two weeks ago the dealership had my Raptor in for service and a simple mistake resulted in them having it for the week. The dealership was quick to admit fault and rectify the problem so I'm very happy with them.

Anyways they were going to give me another F150 to drive while the Raptor got fixed, but my wife saw the new Ford Fusion sitting outside and we ended up taking it home for the week. Well she fell in love with it and we now are the owners of a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD in Tuxedo Black. She traded in her 2012 Nissan Juke SL on it and it is a VAST improvement over her Juke. The Fusion has every option offered by Ford and I must say it is an impressive vehicle!

We have only put on about 500kms on it, and absolutely love this vehicle. Everytime I get a chace to drive it, I find myself liking it more and more. I will say though that I do not like the input lag the MFT seems to have compared to the Ford Nav in my Raptor. Also the Ford OEM rubber mats are probably the worst OEM mats I have ever seen. The driver's side mat does not even extend under pedals which I find weird. Everytime I drive the vehicle I am surprised at how quiet this vehicle is though. We get a lot of compliments from people who want to know what it is.

Look forward to many more miles with the Fusion!

Here are some pics pre-tint:

DSC01937_zpsb8f8c088.jpg

DSC01935_zps7480335c.jpg

DSC01936_zps083a97b0.jpg

DSC01934_zps24d5b8f1.jpg

DSC01933_zpsee293276.jpg

DSC01932_zps1b4033b4.jpg

Edited by Element
  • Like 1

Man, I'd be pissed about that leather as well! How are they handling the leather issue?How do you like the 2.0L?

I like the 2.0; it has been good since I am coming from a v6 Escape. As for the leather, it is a long story. To sum up, I ordered the Fusion from a dealer 3hours from me because a relative worked there. They said they warrantied the seat under the VIN so I could take it to my local dealer once I got home. Local dealer says there is no record of it under my VIN. So now I am REALLY mad. I tried to contact the salesman but he was out today. He will hear from me tomorrow; I do have written documentation that the original dealership will fix the seat.

Besides the memory seat option, I've found the easy entry/exit feature to be very useful. I'm 6-3+ and find it much easier to get in and out of the car.
Yeah, we turned on the easy entry/exit as well. My husband is about 8" taller than I am so it works out well for him...that is when he gets to drive it. :)

<3 the raptor.

And agree about the Juke. I actually test drove one for kicks while looking at Altimas. It was a fun little car/ute, but was srsly lacking in everything from engine power to the fit/finish and ride quality.

The fusion was a no brainer

Welcome, Element. I'm jealous of the wheels and the dual exhaust - nice ride.

Go get 'em, asass!

Thanks!

<3 the raptor.

And agree about the Juke. I actually test drove one for kicks while looking at Altimas. It was a fun little car/ute, but was srsly lacking in everything from engine power to the fit/finish and ride quality.

The fusion was a no brainer

The Juke was an okay vehicle while we had it, but the overall quality of the Fusion blows it out of the water.

Welcome, Element! Love the Titanium. This car sure looks good in black!

Thanks! We wanted the tri coat white, but couldn't find one with the options we wanted. Black or Ginger Ale was our second choice.

I wanted the tri coat white, too. Had it on order in the Titanium, but got tired of waiting. Bordeaux was one of the other colors I really liked, though, and I'm glad I got the darker color, in retrospect. It really lends a classy feel to the car :)

I have a question. I have a bright red Fusion, three weeks old and found 2 fairly deep scratches on the lower part of the driver side door. Really upset as this is my first red car and at least to me, the scratches are very noticable. Any suggestions on the best way to remove them?

I have a question. I have a bright red Fusion, three weeks old and found 2 fairly deep scratches on the lower part of the driver side door. Really upset as this is my first red car and at least to me, the scratches are very noticable. Any suggestions on the best way to remove them?

If the scratches are all the way through the clearcoat, it's going to be nearly impossible to repair without repainting. If they aren't through the clear, though, you've got some options. I had a couple small nicks here and there on my car; the piano black on the outside of the doors loves to scratch, there was a small defect on the top of the bumper cover, and I made one on the fender when installing my splash guards. I decided to try Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0. I didn't have high hopes for the product, but I figured it was worth a shot. It worked suprprisingly well for removing surface imperfections. It's essentially just a rubbing/polishing compound that will soften the edges of the scratch to lessen the appearance of it. The marks on the gloss black plastic are completely gone; the other two paint scratches/defects are now far less obvious and you'd only really notice them if you were looking for them.

I wanted the tri coat white, too. Had it on order in the Titanium, but got tired of waiting. Bordeaux was one of the other colors I really liked, though, and I'm glad I got the darker color, in retrospect. It really lends a classy feel to the car :)

I agree. We actually really like the black now, and it has some nice flake in the paint as well.

Element, Are your cup holders illuminated with the ambient lighting? There has been some discussion concerning the Titaniums and if the cup holders are lighted. People have reported they are not lit in their Titaniums, however the Photos in the Ford literature shows them illuminated. Thanks.

Cup holders in the center are NOT illuminated. You would figure they would be with all the other interior illumination but they are not. However the door cup holders are illuminated.

Edited by Element

Thanks. The scratches appear white at the deepest part. Once the winter is over I can use touch up paint if I have to but it just sucks to have these kind of scratches happen on a brand new car. I will try the scratch x and see. Any chance of removing paint with this stuff? Don't want to make it worse

Well it is an abrasive, albeit a very fine one. I suppose that you could damage paint with it if you tried hard enough, but that would probably take hours of rubbing. I doubt you'll hurt anything.

If you run your nail against the scratch (perpendicular to it), does it catch in it? If it does, it'll be a tough one to fix with just ScratchX (or any other polishing/rubbing compound, for that matter). If your nail more or less just bumps over it, you can probably buff it out with this stuff. It's worth a shot, a bottle of it costs less than $10 and you won't really be making anything worse...

Put some touch up paint on but almost think it looks just as bad. I think I need to get some rubbing compound to smooth it out and hope it blends in better. So bummed out over these stupid scratches

At this point i'd take it to a detail shop and have them do it.