New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

That "Ford Fusion New Direction" vid is, umm, interesting. They talk about the FFH, and the car in the vid has dual integrated exhausts(which are not avail on the hybrid) and it sounds like a v8, which is much diff sounding by far, than the hybrids 2liter 4 banger. Funny.

Just took delivery of my Fusion Hybrid, loving it so far - average MPG is up to 40.5 since resetting it at the dealership after about 70 miles of driving this weekend. Amazing how quiet the ride is. Only issue I have noticed is that the shift knob is not leather wrapped but the dealership is looking in to it for me.

o6xru9.jpg

35au5pc.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful! I'm quite partial to the color, too! Hope you love it as much as I love mine.

Just took delivery of my Fusion Hybrid, loving it so far - average MPG is up to 40.5 since resetting it at the dealership after about 70 miles of driving this weekend. Amazing how quiet the ride is. Only issue I have noticed is that the shift knob is not leather wrapped but the dealership is looking in to it for me.

o6xru9.jpg

35au5pc.jpg

Nice! How does it drive up here at altitude? I was worried the hybrid would be underpowered at a mile high. Love the car. Thanks for sharing!

It seems to drive just fine up here, obviously I haven't pushed it since I barely have 100 miles on it but I find myself getting up to speed just fine. It's a huge improvement over how my Mazda Protege drives, that's for sure. The ride is so smooth I definitely find myself speeding on occasion because 30mph feels like 10mph did in the Mazda so I don't notice how fast I'm going.

Beautiful! I'm quite partial to the color, too! Hope you love it as much as I love mine.

I definitely do, I am so glad I chose the Bordeaux over the Sterling or Deep Impact. The color is awesome in the day and almost black at night which is very cool.

So how do you guys describe your Bordeaux Red Fusions? Maroon? Burgundy? Dark Red? I had 2 vehices in similar colors and my wife refused to call them red.

I usually call it Black Cherry, because it gets the point across as to how dark it really is I guess.

• Like 1

How are people enjoying the auto headlamps and fog lights? Just reading up on users manual in anticipation of delivery.

Auto headlamps work fine. The auto high beam is faster than a human.........no auto fog lamps, strictly manual. There are times (rain) you may want to turn the headlamps on manually - it has to be fairly dark before they come on automatically.

• Like 1

There are times (rain) you may want to turn the headlamps on manually - it has to be fairly dark before they come on automatically.

The headlamps come on automatically when the wipers come on. Even my 06 Fusion had that feature. Provided they're set to Auto.

My fog lights come on Auto....

Once you turn on the fogs with the headlamps set to Auto they will continue to come on automatically. If you turn the headlamps off then back to Auto you have to manually turn on the fogs again. I just had this happen at the car wash.