New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Awesome photographs guys! Some of you should submit your photos for magazines to use in ads :P

I am going to pick up either a '14 or a slightly used '13 this May :) I am going for either of the Ecoboost engines on the SE trim, with an automatic transmission. At a minimum the options I will add are leather seating, parking assist, and MyFordTouch with nav and camera.

This listing looks pretty appealing - the right colour for me (my top two choices are sterling grey or ingot silver).

Awesome photographs guys! Some of you should submit your photos for magazines to use in ads :P

I am going to pick up either a '14 or a slightly used '13 this May :) I am going for either of the Ecoboost engines on the SE trim, with an automatic transmission. At a minimum the options I will add are leather seating, parking assist, and MyFordTouch with nav and camera.

This listing looks pretty appealing - the right colour for me (my top two choices are sterling grey or ingot silver).

In the states, you have to get the titanium to get a lot of the options you're discussing.

In the states, you have to get the titanium to get a lot of the options you're discussing.

Incorrect. I looked up both the US and Canadian sites. Leather seating, MyFordTouch with nav/camera, and parking sensors (either rear only or front + rear) are all available on the SE model. I also test drove the Fusion over the December holidays, and the SE model I tried had all the options I wanted.

I can only find two options that are exclusive to the Titanium - the Sony audio system and AWD (the latter for 2014, 2013 models had it available on the SE).

Some features which are optional on the SE are standard on the Titanium, such as rear parking sensors and leather seating.

You may have confused SE with S - the S trim certainly is barebones and most of the options I desire aren't available on S models.

edit: You are partially right about my desired options being unavailable on the SE model - if you are talking about the 2.5L one. Going with an EcoBoost on the SE model allows you to get everything the Titanium has, minus the Sony audio system and AWD as I mentioned.

Edited by Henry Tomasino

I thought you meant the option to have the car park itself. Didn't know you were talking about rear sensors.

Actually, that's available on the SE too ;) (of course only on Ecoboost). A lot of other manufacturers refer to the beeping sensors as "parking assist". If I were to go for the active park assist option, it'd be for the front sensors rather than the automated parking. I don't know why Ford doesn't offer a cheaper option that has both the front and rear sensors but excludes the automated parking...

Edited by Henry Tomasino

Ford made a lot of changes for 2014 and made options available on the SE that were not available on the 2013 SE.

Hmm, is that for the US? I didn't check the US site for 2013 models. On the Canadian site the 2013 SE had access to everything the Titanium had, except some cosmetic stuff and the Sony audio system, both of which I can do without. In fact, for 2014, I'd say the SE actually lost something (AWD) - that is now Titanium-only in both the US and Canada.

Anyway, back to the topic of posting pics of new Fusions:

I'll start with one of my favourite pics of my old Fusion.

img20130128174257.jpg

And this is a slightly used one I would get if it's still available when I move to BC:

570fee86-49d1-4d3d-8c45-36cb69c8077e.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting a slightly-used Titanium with AWD, except that like 80% of the dealer models have the spoiler equipped which I dislike (I know my current car has a spoiler but I was buying used in a hurry so I couldn't really complain).

If I do a new factory order I'll opt for dune-coloured leather seats rather than the more common black. I can live with black, but I prefer a lighter colour so it doesn't burn my arse when left out in the sun, haha. My current car is black-on-black and it was torture during the summer months in Ontario!

Edited by Henry Tomasino

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my 2013 Fusion 2.0 for 7-8 months now and have 3300 miles on it. I came from a lifted Jeep so this was a big change for me, but i love this car. Sure it has it's little issues, but it's a fun car to drive and it looks great.IMG_20131013_010554_zpse4e662b9.jpg

Gpitty,

Super clean car. I was looking at your photobucket pictures when I clicked your photo and noticed your grille is blacked out, along with tints on your headlight and taillight. What kind of tint/overlay/vinyl you use for your lights and grille? I've been seriously considering doing exactly what you did to your grille and lights for a while now, just wasn't sure how it'd look in real life. Really diggin it! Gives it the extra mean-ness I think it's missing. (Still pretty aggressive looking, stock.. But still could use some more in my opinion)

Also, why is your car so shiny?! That paint looks darker then the normal Ford blue..

Edited by sterlinggray

After 3+ long months of waiting, I was able to pick up my 2014 Fusion Energi Titanium yesterday. Here are a few pictures. It's Sterling Gray with the Red Brick leather package. I'm LOVING it so far. Still not sure about the Red Brick, but it's a done deal at this point, so I'd better get used to it.

post-51187-0-01246600-1391971386_thumb.jpg

post-51187-0-17455900-1391971389_thumb.jpg

post-51187-0-39019400-1391971392_thumb.jpg

post-51187-0-66398700-1391971395_thumb.jpg

post-51187-0-43942000-1391971397_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisFra
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So that's YOUR pink mustang? ;):wub:

It was for about 6 months. It was a Ford Customizer Give-away car that a lady won and then traded because it was too much for her as a daily driver. Ah crap.... here is the video. I bought it when she traded it in at my local dealer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td8QbIk32KI&feature=player_embedded

I recently got rid of it for this

null_zps1f2061e0.jpg

Edited by 05MyStangWB