OK, I lied......LOL

lmp180psu

I posted a topic about NOT changing my order, but in the end, I ended up switching my order to a Titanium Hybrid, and the order was submitted today :)

post-48679-0-32051100-1352483906_thumb.jpg

Only option I got was the Ruby Red paint. I did give up the moonroof to keep the cost down since I am almost certainly going to invest in 18" rims when I get delivery of the vehicle.

Last night my partner and I went to the dealer and asked to have the "keys" to a Titanium, and SE with appearance package to study the differences inside and out. I first looked at the Titanium, and the first thing I did was study the rear tailights when the car unlocks LOL. The outer red ring lights up for about 30-45 seconds and shuts off (maybe to correlated with the autolock feature?). It is really nice in person and makes a statement. The outer ring stays on with the headlights. The inner LEDs are on as well, brighten when you press the brakes, and blink as the turn signal (outer ring doesn't brighten or blink). The auto open and close, and remote start will take some practice to use correctly, as I wasn't too successful at getting them to work consistently. The leather seats are really comfortable and supportive but not constricting. Along with the push button start/intelligent access, this is my favorite feature, and I wasn't crazy about getting leather again. The ambient lighting is pretty nice but I wish it lit up more of the front part of the console bin, and was slightly brighter. I think the Sony stereo is pretty nice, and you certainly don't need to turn up the volume too much to get some thump and nice sound. As someone else said, having it on Surround sound vs Stereo does make a difference. Throughout the last week, I have had a few instances of saying to myself I really could have used the intelligent access feature, so that was a big factor in switching. Having it on the trunk is a plus.

I then went to check out the SE. The one thing I really like vs the Titanium base is the Appearance package wheels. They just look nice on it and you don't feel like you sacrificed by not getting the Titanium trim and 19" wheels. I would have gotten the 19's on the Hybrid if they were available for sure. The first thing my partner and I noticed was that the seats were squisher and not as supportive as the leather which makes sense. We both said that the seats all around were the most noticeable difference between the SE and Titanium. They weren't uncomfortable but I did find myself adjusting occassionally as we sat and discussed my decision. It would be cool if the leather seats had the option of red stitching but I can't complain. The SE taillights have the center LEDs light up upon unlocking, they brighten with the brake lights, and function as turn signals. The outer ring is just a reflector.

It stinks that I will probably have to wait an extra 2 months over what I would have for my SE already in the system, but I am looking forward to getting my Titanium. It will be a tough wait, but spring will be coming shortly thereafter, so I can enjoy the nice weather with my new Fusion :)

Edited by lmp180psu
  • Like 3

Appreciate the insight. All in all how did you feel about the appearance package besides the wheels? I ordered a sterling grey se with appearance package. If I could have afforded the Titanium I would have gone for that.

I think the appearance package is a very good value, and makes the car look sporty and classy. The spolier, fog lights, leather steering wheel, red stitching on the seats, and the wheels, all are good items to have and nothing is wasteful. If the SE Hybrid could have been equipped with intelligent access and push button start, I would have stuck with the SE with Appearance Package and MFT.

Again, not sure why Hybrids aren't equipped with push button start anyway, but I guess they needed to have a reason for people to step up to the Titanium. In a way I guess it worked on me lol.

Edited by lmp180psu
  • Like 1

I posted a topic about NOT changing my order, but in the end, I ended up switching my order to a Titanium Hybrid, and the order was submitted today :)

Interesting that your VOC contained MSRPs as well as dealer invoice and various plan pricings. My VOC (I posted it in another thread here somewhere) only contains the MSRP for the base and the options. Maybe since your order is an X-plan that more detail is shown? I also wonder what price level '320' is, as that is the same on both of our orders. You have priority 10 and I had the same on my first order, now I have priority 11. However I had priority 11 on my order in 2009 and got my 2010 FFH 5½ weeks later. However I've seen other threads about the priority so it sounds like that is only a factor within each respective dealer's allocation rather than across dealers (otherwise every single order would be a pri 10, right?).

So we will have to keep tabs and see when we get our VINs, buid dates, deliveries, etc.

Yea, I think my has more detail because of the X-Plan pricing, so I know what the cost is. Too bad I am not A/Z/D plan...could have gotten that moonroof afterall lol. Never thought I would be spending this much for a car, but it finally felt right to upgrade the order. I was going back and forth and stressing so much, it was starting to get frustrating.

I am thinking you are right regarding the priority being within each dealer, except I wonder why would you put an order in under anything other than 10, to make the wait time is the least amount possible. I am wondering what the number 1109 means relative to other orders. Wonder if that is the 9th Fusion order, or maybe the 9th order of any Ford at that dealer for the month (they start at 1100 for November?). I never got a copy of my original SE order, so I am not sure what my order number was, but i do know they put it in at priority 10. I will be keeping track of all the dates in my signature. I will be sure to update it whenever I get any info ;)

Yea, I think my has more detail because of the X-Plan pricing, so I know what the cost is. Too bad I am not A/Z/D plan...could have gotten that moonroof afterall lol. Never thought I would be spending this much for a car, but it finally felt right to upgrade the order. I was going back and forth and stressing so much, it was starting to get frustrating.

I am thinking you are right regarding the priority being within each dealer, except I wonder why would you put an order in under anything other than 10, to make the wait time is the least amount possible. I am wondering what the number 1109 means relative to other orders. Wonder if that is the 9th Fusion order, or maybe the 9th order of any Ford at that dealer for the month (they start at 1100 for November?). I never got a copy of my original SE order, so I am not sure what my order number was, but i do know they put it in at priority 10. I will be keeping track of all the dates in my signature. I will be sure to update it whenever I get any info ;)

I am so excited for you! ^_^ That's awesome. We both will be getting ours around the same time I imagine haha. You know ambient lighting can be controlled right? You can turn the LED lights up and down.,..has a bunch of lighting brightness settings. Just a heads up so if it is too low or bright for your liking you can do that using MFT. I had a feeling you would change and join us in the waiting line heheh. Congrats on the re-order! Now we can stay friends... LOL jk

Hey buddy did you sign yet? I placed my order last week but I have not signed the DORA yet. Dealer said it wasn't in yet or just got in. I think i'm signing this weekend or so...but yeah.

I am so excited for you! ^_^ That's awesome. We both will be getting ours around the same time I imagine haha. You know ambient lighting can be controlled right? You can turn the LED lights up and down.,..has a bunch of lighting brightness settings. Just a heads up so if it is too low or bright for your liking you can do that using MFT. I had a feeling you would change and join us in the waiting line heheh. Congrats on the re-order! Now we can stay friends... LOL jk

LOL, yea, if I didn't have the multiples instances of fumbling with my key fob the past week or so, I may not have made the switch. The leather seats were an added surprise for the comfort and helped justify the upgrade more. I thought the brightness was up to the max, but maybe not. It isn't a big deal, but it would be nice if the lights as I saw them were on a dimmer setting, and I will be able to turn them up brighter.

Hey buddy did you sign yet? I placed my order last week but I have not signed the DORA yet. Dealer said it wasn't in yet or just got in. I think i'm signing this weekend or so...but yeah.

I didn't have to sign anything on my SE order, and wasn't told to sign anything this time either. They have a copy of my driver's license, and apparently the salesman said Ford needed my email address for the order too. That was given when I placed my SE order before. The only thing I signed was a dealer specific sheet that had some general pricing on it (I have a trade in), but I am not locked in to anything. They did cash a $100 deposit check which is fine as it will be applied to the down payment when I take delivery.

Edited by lmp180psu

LOL, yea, if I didn't have the multiples instances of fumbling with my key fob the past week or so, I may not have made the switch. The leather seats were an added surprise for the comfort and helped justify the upgrade more. I thought the brightness was up to the max, but maybe not. It isn't a big deal, but it would be nice if the lights as I saw them were on a dimmer setting, and I will be able to turn them up brighter.

I didn't have to sign anything on my SE order, and wasn't told to sign anything this time either. They have a copy of my driver's license, and apparently the salesman said Ford needed my email address for the order too. That was given when I placed my SE order before. The only thing I signed was a dealer specific sheet that had some general pricing on it (I have a trade in), but I am not locked in to anything. They did cash a $100 deposit check which is fine as it will be applied to the down payment when I take delivery.

Yeah, I put $1000 down but from what I've heard around these parts its not unusual for Ford to be checking custom orders for the fusion and verifying them with customer signature on a copy of the invoice. I had to do it for my SE. maybe it's just random and not everyone has to do it.