2014 Mustang Order Guide

ice-capades

• 3 months later...

For those that are interested, according to the current FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the Flat Rock plant has scheduled "Down" time for the following weeks.

• 05/06/2013
  • 06/24/2013
  • 07/01/2013
  • 07/08/2013
  • 07/15/2013

Fusion retooling and ramp-up?

Fusion retooling and ramp-up?

I doubt it as the Fusion retooling at Flat Rock is on the separate assembly line previously used by Mazda which has nothing to do with Mustang production. I'd expect that Ford is being conservative with Mustang production plans prior to the launch of the all-new, next generation Mustang next year when they take the car "global" and anticipate a much higher (double?) production rate.

In addition, for many months Ford has been sending 2013 Fusions to Flat Rock for additional quality checks, etc. before vehicles are shipped to dealers. And from what I've seen online recently, Ford is sending all-new Lincoln MKZ's to a Michigan plant for additional work, etc. which I expect is also at the Flat Rock plant which allows Ford to utilize the Flat Rock workers while they prepare for the Fusion Job #1 date.

• 1 month later...