Just Ordered Mine! Did I get a good deal?

mondaydriver

Hey Guys,

I've been checking out this forum for a few weeks in my consideration of buying a fusion and decided to join.

I just placed my order on Tuesday the 20th November; Ford fusion AWD Titanium, Ruby Red with the 19" wheels and Navigation. Since my parents knew the dealer he said he would give it to us at cost.

I ended up signing up to pay 34,450 or so which brought it up to 38,475 with Ontario tax. He said it could take 6-8 weeks to deliver but I've been seeing a lot of people saying its taking forever and a day to get theirs so I'm not sure how accurate his estimate was.

Its my first car ever and I plan on keeping it for at least 5years, I've never bought anything this expensive so I was wondering if I got a good deal, is anyone here paying less? Should I go back and try to bargain some more? Tips?

Thanks for any feedback,

David.

I had the time so I looked it up on the Ford Build Fusion site. With the car and options you listed the retail suggested price is $34,880. This is very close to my 2013 FFH I have on order and the dealer cost/invoice on the car is $32,317.84. The dealer may have been fibbing to you.

Edited by hermans

Just depends on your figure you have with tax includes freight/ontario fees like the Ford.ca website. (which is another 1600 or so).

Mine (MRSP) with options total comes in at $38,279, which is $43,255 all in. With my deal, the price I'll pay is $34,976 (maybe +- a bit for licencing), which puts me in at around 39,522 total after tax.

Which, (with less tax paid on this reduced price price vs the original mrsp with tax) puts the total difference at -$3733.

I could probably go a little lower with the dealer, since I will end up paying sticker MRSP. But, the discount I am using is quite substantial - I don't really feel like haggling for another couple hundred bucks.

Edited by -Strike-

The price I gave is in Canadian dollars, I live in Toronto.

There is a slight difference in the prices between the US and Canada according to the site seems like 35,500 in Canada and the same build is 34,085 in the US according to fords websites (not including destination fees)

My dealer stated that I wouldn't get charged any destination or inspection fees and I'll hold him to that since he said that's the final amount I'd pay.

I heard about the X-plan but since he said he'd give it at cost I figured thats what the x-plan did anyway so I'd be getting the same deal in the end, I'll look it up again nonetheless

I just looked at the Ford Canada site and it looks like MSRP is $34,600. I have no idea what the Canadian Dealer invoice would be.

So he got $150 Canadian off MSRP. Not a good deal IMHO. Definitely not at cost, like they said ... Invoice is not even cost, it includes kickbacks.

I heard about the X-plan but since he said he'd give it at cost I figured thats what the x-plan did anyway - X Plan is below dealer cost/invoice.

Are you sure? I have the print-out from my order and it shows A/Z/X plan pricing along with invoice. X-plan is a couple hundred over invoice. A/Z is below invoice. Edited by neod192

That's interesting, Your build is $33,999 + $1500 in options, which comes to an MRSP of $35,499 without any delivery/ontario fee/AC tax or HST.

So, if he is true to his deal there, and you're paying $34,450 that's a difference of $1049 to start off the original MRSP. And if you don't pay delivery that's another -$1550, which brings your grand total to apparently -$2599.

Ontario HST is 13% ontop of that after the lower price and without the delivery added in before tax if he did that, it comes to .. $39075, including AC tax/Ontario Tire fee. Without any fees, you'd be sitting at $38929 after tax

Something doesn't quite add up there.

Edited by -Strike-

I'll go back and see my dealer this week then and ask him about the x-plan pricing and if it's below invoice. He showed me my invoice when I was going to order and it showed two columns;

One had the suggested retail pricing and the other the invoice price and he added it up in front of me and showed he was giving me invoice pricing. I wonder if I should have got a copy of that :shrug:

What they do there, is on the Ford.ca website, they add in the total Ontario fees of $100 AC Tax, $30 Tire tax, $1550 Delivery, and they add the 13% Tax at the end to give you a total "out the door" price before trade in or down payment.

The only way to calculate the MRSP of your built order before tax, is to put the total tax dollars, but leave in the fees and delivery, and it'll give you the MRSP before tax. If that makes any sense. Since MRSP on the sticker includes the AC Tax and Tire Fee as options, and the delivery too. Trade in value comes off before tax, and down payment comes off after tax.

With certain things, like my order, I think my discount is around 3300, but since it's applied before taxes, it's actually more because I would have paid more on that if it were taxed at the higher amount. So, I can add that as a "trade in" value, because it comes off before taxes.

The Titanium in Canada is only available in AWD. Which base MRSP is $33,999

Or an easier way is to just take the $33999, and +++ your options. The window sticker also adds in our delivery/ontario fees, that'll give you the quickest answer to the MRSP before tax.

And since his dealer stated he wouldn't have to pay delivery, that'll have to come off in the "Trade-in" section too, which is another $1550 before taxes apparently.

Edited by -Strike-

Haha yeah :P It makes it really hard to see if you've actually had a deal or not unless your dealer lays everything out. At least with mine on the sheet, it has a Discount subtraction that comes off after the MRSP with options. I'll find out for sure what I will pay on the day I sign the final paperwork. I just did a temporary mock up at the time that had the discount applied, as we didn't have a VIN, or anything official on the car. Just a generic pricing printout that didn't include my down-payment or trade in allowance. As my trade in/downpayment have obviously changed in the 3 or so months since ordering hah.

The discount stuff ended Sept 30th, so with me ordering the car during that discount stage, I'm still entitled to it when the car arrives, or what ever deal may be greater when I take delivery.

Just depends on your figure you have with tax includes freight/ontario fees like the Ford.ca website. (which is another 1600 or so).

Mine (MRSP) with options total comes in at $38,279, which is $43,255 all in. With my deal, the price I'll pay is $34,976 (maybe +- a bit for licencing), which puts me in at around 39,522 total after tax.

Which, (with less tax paid on this reduced price price vs the original mrsp with tax) puts the total difference at -$3733.

I could probably go a little lower with the dealer, since I will end up paying sticker MRSP. But, the discount I am using is quite substantial - I don't really feel like haggling for another couple hundred bucks.

Actually it looks like we got a similar deal. I recalculated and I'm paying $34,048 without tax and you said you're paying 34,976.

You have the moon roof ($1250) and premium floor mats ($150) and I'm guessing the dealership threw in the window tinting to get you to sign up, so you're options add up to about $1400 more.

I have the Ruby Red color which I believe is around $350?

Net difference in what we paid should be $1050 and it is $928 so you've gotten $122 off more than I have.

Nevertheless I'll be heading back next week to look over the paper work again but I seem to have gotten a decent deal so far from what you've stated, did you use an x-plan pin? I'm still debating signing up to get one but I'll probably wait till after I meet the dealer again.

Since you're in Ontario too are you getting the offer with the free snow tires and rims? The dealer said I would get that with the approximate value of $1500 or I could get $750 off the price, I opted for the tires but could probably switch it if I asked.

I ended up going with the Employee pricing discount that was offered back in August through Sept. It's locked in on my deal unless something that works out better for me comes along. I inquired about the winter package, but I'd have to choose between that and the Employee discount. $3700, or snow tires. I go with the discount :P

Window tinting, I opted for, they're going to have it done for when I pick up the car. He may throw it in on the deal, I haven't pressed him on that one yet -- But by the looks of things, you may actually be getting a hell of a deal.

Edited by -Strike-