Track MPG

PhantomTech

I noticed a lot of discussion about the actual mileage people are seeing. I found a tracking site http://www.fueleconomy.gov that has a some limited data on the 2013 fusions. So far no data for the 1.6, only one for the 2.0 and five for the Hybrid.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=33085&id=33086&id=33083

Haven't played much with the site but it looks to have many option available for tracking mileage.

I think it would be great if more people would use it so we can get a better overall picture of actual mileage. Are there any other fuel economy tracking sites that are better?

I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the Titanium and Titanium Hybrid.

Going off the figures on the site the titanium at 22mpg and the TH at 37. Going by those numbers and 12000 miles per year the price difference would take about 3 years to break even.

www.fuelly.com

That's what I'll be using. One thing to consider with a hybrid vs gas engine is what kind of driving you do. If you do a lot of stop and go traffic then a hybrid will pay off a lot more than if you're doing mostly highway driving.

Fuelly for sure. There is one hybrid over there now.

Edited by MineralstangGT

PhantomT: Like Camride said, consider where you will be racking up your miles. But also consider how much power you enjoy. For me, the most power is the best, but many people would be happy with the base 2.5 liter normally aspirated engine. My mileage now is in the 20 mpg range, I expect that to improve a bit after break-in, but If I was worried about that, I would have bought the Hybrid, which is a great effort.

www.fuelly.com

That's what I'll be using. One thing to consider with a hybrid vs gas engine is what kind of driving you do. If you do a lot of stop and go traffic then a hybrid will pay off a lot more than if you're doing mostly highway driving.

Fuelly is the way to go! That's what I plan on using when my car decides to finally show up!