What's up with 1.6 Fusions built 11/30/12 and later?

CheesyRider

Is anyone else here waiting for a 1.6 Fusion built 11/30/12 or later to ship?

If so, you probably have the same questions I have:

• Why is the 1.6 fire recall still not showing up on ETIS?
  • Were they somehow built with the new software and thus no updates are needed?
  • Are they going to be fixed before they ship?
  • Are the going to be fixed at the dealer?
  • Are they going to be shipped off to TBD land for two months or more?
  • How long will it be before they are shipped out?

You've probably guessed I'm starting to get impatient. I don't mind waiting awhile, but I would really like to know what is going on. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks!

• Like 1

I didn't order a 1.6 bit I'm in the same boat. Today, the private buyer for my car opted out. He said he couldn't wait any more. I don't blame him. Something has to give here real soon.

Mine was built 10/21.

Edited by bongo

When did you order your vehicles? Curious as I ordered a 1.6 w/manual trans the week before Thanksgiving.

I ordered mine during the second week of August around August 8, but thankfully it got delayed long enough otherwise it would have been in TBD due to the die issue.

Do you already have a VIN? You can check it here: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

TBD TBD I like to sing about TBD!

All kidding aside no one in TBD will be seeing their car before January...

The shut down starts 12/22 and if it ain't on the train by then, it ain't coming this year.

Merry Christmas Ford and Happy New Year......not.

Edited by bongo

The shut down starts 12/22 and if it ain't on the train by then, it ain't coming this year.

Yeah terrible company it seems, customer service will do you no good and there are no estimated times available. Good luck to anyone who bought because of their lease ending.

I think there is still a boatload of cars on queue from last time. I guess we will not be seeing our cars this year. See you next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just found my original May 25 special ordered "TBD" sitting on the lot of my dealer with a filthy (Dune leather) driver's seat and 86 miles on it. You can tell the car was prepped and is filthy again.

Somebody's been having fun. I have no idea how long it has been there. There is a re-ordered Fusion produced on 12/17 that is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Well, I just found my original May 25 special ordered "TBD" sitting on the lot of my dealer with a filthy (Dune leather) driver's seat and 86 miles on it. You can tell the car was prepped and is filthy again.

Somebody's been having fun. I have no idea how long it has been there. There is a re-ordered Fusion produced on 12/17 that is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I hope your new car arrived today! If so, I hope you'll be able to pick it up soon and will post in the manual transmission impressions thread.

*EDIT* I just remembered that they screwed up your reorder and ordered an automatic. I assume that the one that is supposed to arrive at the dealer. Are you going to buy the one with the dirty dirty seat, get the automatic, reorder again, or give up and get something else?

My car now has an ETA of 1/14/13. Considering the recall and the holiday break, I'm kind of surprised it is finally on the way. I still wonder if my 11/30 built car had the recall work done after it was built or if it never needed it. The recall never did show up on ETIS.

Edited by CheesyRider

Out of curiosity what is ETIS?

It is a website where one can get information on Ford vehicles by plugging in a VIN. It will give you build date, recalls, and many other details. There are some quirks to be aware of when using the site. The Fusion will come up as a Transit Connect. If your car hasn't been built yet, it will have a build date of over 2000 years ago. Also, the build date uses the format of day/month/year. http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do