Door unlock/lock when keyfob in pocket

howie411

So I've been having issues with this recently. Unlocking the door seems to be sporadic within the last 3 weeks, sometimes I have to pull the keys out of my jacket pocket. (maybe the cold weather?) For locking this rarely if ever works and has been like this since I got the Escape. Anyone else having issues?

Hmm, trying to understand what you have written. So the doors are not unlocking when you walk up to the vehicle and slip your hand behind the handle? I find if I do this action too quickly, trying to slip my hand behind the handle and pull on it at the same time to open the door, that I have problems. If I give it a momentary pause and let the doors unlock, then pull, I get better results. As far as pushing the black button on the handle to lock the doors, I have no problems at all.

But I sort of noticed its a little more finicky lately. Don't know if its cold-weather related. I think what my issue is, is that my kids are pulling the handle on the opposite side a little too fast thus confusing the system momentarily. (shrug shoulders)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been an average of minus -5c (around 23f) lately and I've noticed that the unlock feature (when touching the door handle with fob in pocket) isn't working very well. Works maybe 1 in 5 times at this point. I wonder how well this technology was tested in the cold weather... and if I can expect more technology failure?