A New Low at Chicago Assembly!

roadhog

Chitown I have seen a copy of the Voluntary Compliance Agreement and it is written broadly. I was not told it is a typo because the candidate that showed it to me had no clue what Board members referred to. Interesting to me is that to have a Compliance Agreement there had to be 2 things, charges and individuals charged. It is illegal for our Union funds to be used to represent an illegal act. My calls to the hall have all gone to voice mail. Lots of questions and no one with answers!

Everyone will be shocked! The LM2 report that was due to explain the spending at Local 551 and was due last month, has not been turned in to the Department of Labor. If one checks the Department of Labor website every local has turned in the 2013 report except, you guessed it Local 551, I'm sure it is an oversight and not anything out of line! "Iceberg dead ahead"!!!!!!!!

Another Red Flag for CAP, it was confirmed that a "failure to report letter" has been sent to the Local 551 Union Hall from the Department of Labor lawyers stating we are in violation of Federal Law. We paid for all the officials to travel to Las Vegas and stay at the Palms Hotel to learn about and turn in their top responsibility the LM2 report. And this is the group that presented the Union Dues increase for all UAW members and will be responsible with the memberships money! According to the Department of Labor each official can be fined $100,000 dollars for not turning in the report and up to 10 years in prison. But Hog I am sure you are right it is just an oversight.

• 2 weeks later...

It means nothing, Chitown has posted nothing but lies and major exaggerations on this thread. It's him and the prior chairman a.k.a. UAW12 trying to play dirty politics at its lowest. And roadhog trying to pretend he is one of the bargaining team.

Edited by dumbfounded

Sorry computer screw up. Nothing they have posted has come to fruition. The ex chairman received about 4% of the memberships vote in the last election and he still can't accept it. He was the the single worst chairman we have had. It's a relief he is no longer in office. So all the lies about a reelection and wrong doings you claim its been a year and nothing has been proven true. What did the membership expect by voting in a paint sprayer as chairman, someone who never

wrote a grevience before or sat in on a hearing. A person who mentally couldn't handle the job. Good thing the membership learned from their mistake and voted in the right people. Can't wait to see the crying and backlash from this post

Edited by dumbfounded

Today the AD of the IUAW meets with the CAP elected and tells them that our local is in a crisis due to the litigation that has happen over the last 3-4 months. Tells the districts that they need to document and follow up on grievances. What we discussed in our meeting after the meeting is if we had Units or a Chairman that spent more than 20 hours in the plant things would not be in total chaos! Dumbfounded, you are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. In the words of the famous lookout of the Titanic "iceberg dead ahead". Look in the mirror and you will start to understand who is to blame.

With my experience of calling my reps and never getting an answer or response except it is the other person's responsibility the litigation does not shock me. Dumbfounded, I like yourself thought the former Chairman was lacking in area's and I voted for most of the current group. What I along with many of the plant members have found out is that it is apparent the former Chairman was the only one keeping a lid on the mess we are living with at Chicago Assembly now. Amazing in what you put about crying I work on Monday's and talk to him and he seems to be pulling for this current group and has to be laughing at the incompetence and lack of grown up with a knowledge of the contract. As I stated to him along with the other group of Electricians with me was we did not know what we had until we got this current group. A growing number of members just hope there is something left to save after the wreckage this crew leaves behind. The civil rights Chair has not called me to investigate my case and it was written up 6 weeks ago and he was not at the Union meeting.

Tigerfan you are so full of it. You make me chuckle reading your post trying to put across your b.s., anyone who isn't directly linked to what's really going on they would believe your lies. I haven't figured out who you are, I have a pretty good idea but your not who you portray yourself to be on this forum. Dirty politics at its lowest. Hiding and trying to stir the pot with lies and exaggerations. Can't wait for your nameless drop letters oh wait, I did see them in the last election. You want to handle business or just spread lies and make 551 look bad for your own political gain? Act like a man instead of a coward. The former chairman kept a lid on the madness are you serious with that statement?? It's his fault, a 3 year build up of not handling business. It's also funny you would say he is pulling for the current reps is a lie and you know it.

Edited by dumbfounded

Dumbfounded, A. I started this thread for the exchange of ideas and not for you to have a default position of everything is good or bad, but just debate. B. For a person that puts their interest as hating cry babies, you cry more than a Cubs fan watching video of Bartman catching the foul ball in 2003.

Really roadhog you created this thread for the exchanging of ideas? Ok the title or the content has or says nothing about exchanging ideas It's all slander,exaggerations, and out right lies. The fact that you would say that shows what a liar and manipulator you are and the term "exchanging of ideas" let me know who you are. Your ignorance and lack of being able to achieve your political aspirations shows right through all of your posts. Seriously man up and help your local, stop tearing it apart.

Dumbfounded, you are typical passive aggressive. You disagree with everybody that does not drink the cool aid as you have. You talk about man up, come up to pre-delivery now and talk to the drivers that are as we speak being eliminated because an agreement was cut to cut SPC jobs(outside the re-balance period) and the SPC members are going to bump us out of our jobs against the local. Turn to page 35 of our local or 105 of our local and then come up to pre-delivery and deliver your cheery message. Just for a Happy Easter Holiday the company robo called the C-Crew and told them they are making Saturday, Sunday(yes Easter), Monday mandatory 11.5.!

I am a typical passive agressive says the man under a fake name attacking other people. Grant you make me laugh. Thank you for proving once again how ignorant you are. Have fun in paint repair for 11.5 on easter. No one forced you to go to ccrew that was your choice. Having our vehicles in such demand that they have to work production 11.5 and your mad about that and use that to twist it against our local leadership. Cant you see what a chicken s*!? You are. Our plant makes ford motor and the UAW members a lot of money and were way behind on orders. When you were chairman rebalances and shady deals were the norm. Have a good Easter.

Dumbfounded I am 1 of thousands of Grant's in the plant, we hate the path we are on. I like many people understand we blamed 1 person for our small issues compared to what we face now. Good try though, o'yea if it is a coward move to use an alias on an anonymous board please let us know your identity so all the thousands of Grant's can let you know just how brilliant you are. You blame 1 person but do not dispute any of the facts laid out by all the Grant's. LOL.

Dumbfounded you have a good idea who I am, seems that I must be Grant, anybody that calls you on your crying is Grant. So because the plant makes money for Ford we should allow them to do as they wish? There is a certain point where even the most dense individual has to either make an argument in favor of a direction to follow or STFU. Which is it for you? I did not pick to work 12 hours the IUAW agreed to the 12 hour schedule for me so hearing about 11.5 strikes a nerve, production did not stand up for Trades on the long hours we are forced to work.

Hey Tigerfan I am Grant not you! Now Dumbfounded we have established that you are a great detective and everybody is Grant so it is time for you to answer the issues I raised about classifications, not being in re-balance period, and I missed 1 the union dues being increased and supported by our Bargaining Team and language allowing it to be used for anything the IUAW wishes. I would love paint repair if any jobs were posted in the plant but as I have pointed out the premium jobs are being eliminated but that is Grant's fault, I'm sorry my fault.

When elected officials are failing and cannot defend their actions it is typical for individuals to blame and look to the past. How ridiculous and gutless for the current officials to try and blame others for their short comings. If they are unable to do the job they asked for and the only way for them is to look to blame those of the past it is telling of their lack of leadership and they should step down. As UAW12 pointed out the only thing that the current officials hack can say is blame it on the last person and never defending or saying they stand by their decisions. This is the state of the plant where the knee jerk reaction is it was somebody else's fault, when a person is a Bargaining Unit that works but when you are Chairman or President it comes across as weak and spineless. This is what the Republican Congress does to President Obama that everything is his fault, then as our group at the plant they should step down.

Dumbfounded, A. I started this thread for the exchange of ideas and not for you to have a default position of everything is good or bad, but just debate. B. For a person that puts their interest as hating cry babies, you cry more than a Cubs fan watching video of Bartman catching the foul ball in 2003.

HEY!!!! Cubs fans don`t cry!!!! (maybe we wimper a little) No Crying In Baseball!!!!

Decker

This forum is pathetic. Our local is pathetic. We can't make enough cars to keep up with demand yet the company wants to bring in more cheap labor which leads to more quality problems. I am sick of hearing the "our plant is in trouble" rhetoric. I have been hearing "our plant is in trouble" since day one! I am disgusted at the every day goings on with our union and the unlimited check writing. Trips for everyone! Just ask for the money! There are way to many "educational" extravaganzas going on for this committee and that committee. If we are in such dire straights for money at our local then we need to start belt tightening as well. There should be absolutely no trips for anyone if we are bleeding money locally just like international. In the 15 years I have been at this plant all I have seen and heard at our union meetings is begging for money to send delegates here and there and once that is taken care of its lets see how fast we can get the quorum count the lowest so we don't have to sit around here and listen to people bitch. We just cant seem to vote in honest moral people to control the dues money. The constant infighting between people, this group and that group it just sucks. Hearing on a daily basis that your local is the most crooked as they come. Why can't we seem to get a handle on our expenditures?? Why does there always have to be a "family member" or "friend" that needs to be "taken care of"?? There is absolutely no honesty in this local. Its all about who can get what from whom. I come to work every day. I don't ask for favors. I have never had an Awol. I am in constant pain but don't run to medical like most people do. I have respect for the job I have. I would make a great candidate for our local. But I refuse to run because of the constant onslaught of people that are poisoning our very name. I do not wish to be associated with that. I would feel like I'm fighting a losing battle on a daily basis if I don't "tow the line". These people that are raiding our checkbook for their own personal and friends and family gain make me sick. I can only imagine what is going on at the IUAW with their checkbook if this is just what its like at the local level. It sucks to compare the two but I call it as I see it. There are a few good guys in our local and I will keep my opinion to myself on that because I know the bandwagon jumpers will massacre anyone that is put out there. I'm just saying I am highly disappointed and embarrassed at what's going on and I hope change for the better is on the horizon.

Imageneral great post, well to further prove your point turns out that a candidate for Chairman last election we add to our legacy. After receiving a wink nod from the IUAW to quit his quality job and they would take care of him if he lost, they followed through and now Nick is on his way North to Detroit.We are being ask to agree to a dues increase and they are adding staff that helps them control the local. Another in a long list of snake oil salesmen that our membership backed, he implemented FPS and now for his payoff, at our expense. All members should think of this as they enter the Hall to vote for candidates and ask who the puppets are and do we finally vote in our best interest.

• Like 1

This forum is pathetic. Our local is pathetic. We can't make enough cars to keep up with demand yet the company wants to bring in more cheap labor which leads to more quality problems. I am sick of hearing the "our plant is in trouble" rhetoric. I have been hearing "our plant is in trouble" since day one! I am disgusted at the every day goings on with our union and the unlimited check writing. Trips for everyone! Just ask for the money! There are way to many "educational" extravaganzas going on for this committee and that committee. If we are in such dire straights for money at our local then we need to start belt tightening as well. There should be absolutely no trips for anyone if we are bleeding money locally just like international. In the 15 years I have been at this plant all I have seen and heard at our union meetings is begging for money to send delegates here and there and once that is taken care of its lets see how fast we can get the quorum count the lowest so we don't have to sit around here and listen to people bitch. We just cant seem to vote in honest moral people to control the dues money. The constant infighting between people, this group and that group it just sucks. Hearing on a daily basis that your local is the most crooked as they come. Why can't we seem to get a handle on our expenditures?? Why does there always have to be a "family member" or "friend" that needs to be "taken care of"?? There is absolutely no honesty in this local. Its all about who can get what from whom. I come to work every day. I don't ask for favors. I have never had an Awol. I am in constant pain but don't run to medical like most people do. I have respect for the job I have. I would make a great candidate for our local. But I refuse to run because of the constant onslaught of people that are poisoning our very name. I do not wish to be associated with that. I would feel like I'm fighting a losing battle on a daily basis if I don't "tow the line". These people that are raiding our checkbook for their own personal and friends and family gain make me sick. I can only imagine what is going on at the IUAW with their checkbook if this is just what its like at the local level. It sucks to compare the two but I call it as I see it. There are a few good guys in our local and I will keep my opinion to myself on that because I know the bandwagon jumpers will massacre anyone that is put out there. I'm just saying I am highly disappointed and embarrassed at what's going on and I hope change for the better is on the horizon.

a quick glance through your financial statements shows that the local has maintained a steady rough balance on the assets for the past 13 years. No, the local is not building a nest egg, but it is not overly spending compared to what it brings in. What would be the difference this year?

I understand our IUAW withdrew their charges and/or protest in the VW organizing election case with the NLRB.

Yep, "withdrew".... wonder if the VW attorneys let out (quit by accident...I`m sure) in pre hearing discussions, that one topic that they (VW) plan to discuss during the NLRB hearings. (VW attorney`s had employee`s waiting to testify) The topic of that discussion may well be that fact our own IUAW used the tactic`s of intimation and threats of loss of product against it`s own member`s in the very recent past?

Withdrawn...? with the most democratic party appointed NLRB Board in a very long time? NLRB board members of the same party as the IUAW and a with...drawn protest and/or charges?

Now I`m not sure this rumor is true, I heard it being broadcasted on CNBC, CNN, and of all the great news sources BBC..... gotta watch those limies :) Dam I love my Sirius Radio!!!

Decker

Edited by Decker

When it comes time for future CAP investment I hope the company doesn't read these forums.

There is a sickness going around Chicago Assembly and it is called Grantitis. Last night many of us witnessed the most pathetic plea for votes by Coby, Hammer and Marcus. They told a whole break room full of mostly entry level that if they vote for Grant the plant would shut down due to lost product. They also stated that if we did not support them raising dues the IUAW would not put product in our plant. The IUAW cried about these tactics at VW but is using the same scare tactics, many of us talked after and ask if they think we are thatstupid? Coby also told us he had gotten 200 people jobs over the last month, he must have forgotten his letter selling FPS in which he gave credit to the former Chairman. The majority of members in that room laughed because they commented that the person they said would cause the plant to be shut down had gotten them jobs. A point 1 young lady made was doesn't Ford place product based on profitability, and who's side was this group on. In my mind it was clear they were on the side of raising dues and scaring the membership!