Ford Ranger

ertstap

Hey has anyone heard where the Ranger is going to be built when Twin Cities shuts the door? Also when is Twin Cities slated to close.

There is a version of the Ranger currently being built in Thailand. FoMoCo says it will never be shipped to the US for various reasons. Not too long ago there was a push for a fair trade agreement with Thailand and that failed to pass, that may have something to don with it. There was talk that it may go to Louisville but the boys in Detroit get real quite when they're asked to confirm. I heard that Hermosillo was test building diesel and hybrid Rangers. It'd be great if someone out there could confirm this. TCAP was told that Ford was getting out of the compact truck market. That decision fits with many of thier past business decisions. Gasoline hits $3.20 per gallon and Ford comes out with an extended Expedition :shrug: Apparently these guys don't put gas in their M10's when they don't have thier heads in the sand.

Edited by Dakota Kid

It would make the most sense for the Ranger to go home to the Ford Louisville(KY)assembly plant.My heart goes out to all the employees of the Ford Twin Cities Plant who may be losing their jobs.

Ahhh..no sweat it, WTF are you going to do right? it's out of of everyones control here at TCAP, if its closed its closed. So be it. Only strong survived. However, let me tell you a secret, and you can take it to the bank. THERE WILL NEVER BE A RANGER PLANT IN KENTUCKY, OR LOUISVILLE!!!! trust me on this one guys. DO NOT keep your hopes up.

Edited by TCAP'er

Sorry to be the Grim Reaper about the Ranger. Two VP's were at LEP a couple of weeks ago, and made a big show. They said that Ford couldn't compete in the small truck market so they were not going to put any more capitol into a lost cause. They said Ford has a capitol problem and they have to pick their battles. They are going to put their money into products that they believe will do better than Ranger. I believe that this was also a attempt to give the LEP a heads up that they are going to be down to one line before the next contract. :banghead:

Sorry to be the Grim Reaper about the Ranger. Two VP's were at LEP a couple of weeks ago, and made a big show. They said that Ford couldn't compete in the small truck market so they were not going to put any more capitol into a lost cause. They said Ford has a capitol problem and they have to pick their battles. They are going to put their money into products that they believe will do better than Ranger. I believe that this was also a attempt to give the LEP a heads up that they are going to be down to one line before the next contract. :banghead:

Ford can't compete with compact trucks...

Ford can't compete with midsize rear-wheel-drive cars

Ford can't compete with small crossovers (PT Crusier, HHR, Caliber)

Ford can't compete with minivans

Funny, GM, Chrysler, Honda, toyota, can compete in the above segments, why not Ford?

Ford can't compete with compact trucks...

Ford can't compete with midsize rear-wheel-drive cars

Ford can't compete with small crossovers (PT Crusier, HHR, Caliber)

Ford can't compete with minivans

Funny, GM, Chrysler, Honda, toyota, can compete in the above segments, why not Ford?

All problems about competing go back to the Bill Ford period...where is Henry when you really need an owner with VISION.

Thanks for the info, the reason why I asked is because people have seen a few rangers in our plant? I have not witnessed it but others I know have aswell as ranger parts.

Not gonna happen ertstap, about 10 years ago I saw Town Car rims at STAP, have not seen the rest of the car yet...take it as misdirected parts

Heard the rumour. Never seen the proof. Someone must have a cell phone camera. Next time lets get the proof. :happy feet:

There wil be no ranger built anywhere PERIOD!!!!!!!! the guy that stated about thialand was right on the $$$$$ only it will not be called the ranger anymore it will be the F-100 and take that to the bank..... The only way ford can keep the bragging rights of the top sell truck line the F'series is to rename the ranger. It is going to be blood bath when toyata cranks up their texas plant in Oct. Do you think americans are going to buy 250,000 more trucks pre year or are they going to cut into the Big 3 sales???? the new tundra is not the whimmy truck as years past. We make a great truck don't get me wrong but like everything else we get the good idea and toyata perfects it. No -one is safe Not even Dearborn!!!!!!!!!!! B_K by Jan!!!!!

Ahhh..no sweat it, WTF are you going to do right? it's out of of everyones control here at TCAP, if its closed its closed. So be it. Only strong survived. However, let me tell you a secret, and you can take it to the bank. THERE WILL NEVER BE A RANGER PLANT IN KENTUCKY, OR LOUISVILLE!!!! trust me on this one guys. DO NOT keep your hopes up.

Excuse me but LAP made the Ranger back in the 90,s which is in Louisville Kentucky it would me nice to bring it back home .I think sells of the RANGER redesigned would sell like crazy sorry you need to do a little research on who has or have made which products. :bandance:

Excuse me but LAP made the Ranger back in the 90,s which is in Louisville Kentucky it would me nice to bring it back home .I think sells of the RANGER redesigned would sell like crazy sorry you need to do a little research on who has or have made which products. :bandance:

Littledarlin, while we're "tryin" to talk history here, I'll give you some more learn'n. TCAP used to make the F-350, F-250, F-150, full sized cars and even armered tanks during WWII. All this before the Ranger came in '84. So LAP "used to" build Rangers, who cares besides you and Gettelfinger. Edison and TCAP were considered "the homes" of the Ranger, not much to brag about, but a fact. FoMoCo needs to learn from history, not live in it. If ya feel pretty comfy at your big truck plant, just think how long are folks going to continue pouring $3.50-$4.50 per gal. into Billy's gas guzzlers. Just about everybody's full sized trucks get better mpg than the F-Series. So let's build extended versions of these pigs :runaway: Ford's future is in Mexico and China. School's out, let's go home.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byclass.htm

Search 2006 Pickup Trucks.

Research your claims, size for size, engine class by engine class.

Then change your diaper. You're full of shit. :blah:

Ya that's cute, but unfortunately alot a folks don't research or read up on all the stats and numbers thrown at them. Alot of those truck guys know that if they want pulling power you get a Ford or Dodge, if you want fuel economy you buy a Chevy. In the farming country where I'm from, the Dealer couldn't move the F-150's cause they were too fancy to climb in with :censored: on your boots. Yes there are basic, striped F-150's but not enough to go around. You're probably right about the stats and all, but experience and word of mouth travel faster. An old F-250 in the field with a big fuel tank in the box and a new Silverado, 23mpg to go to town in, yup, that's Dakota country. Personally my last 2 F-Series got around 10 mpg when pulling, friend's 2006 Avalanche, avg about 17 mpg pulling a trailer with a skidloader, 23 mpg empty in the highway Don't know what the stats say, do I care? Gas pump says it all. :shrug:

It's sad when gas prices are climbing and ranger sells are dropping. Ford has really screwed up that truck. I know a few people who have them and my 150 gets just as good gas mileage as they do.

why dont they offer it in a 4 cylinder still...i have a 98 mazda b series...it has a ford 2.5l 4 cyl in it...i get great mileage and can take my boat, campin gear kids and dog all over ontario....doesn't break any speed records but hasn't cost me anything to run it...been reliable as hell...if it was offered in a quad cab would buy another one in a flash, the kids are gettin too big for an extended cab

Ya that's cute, but unfortunately alot a folks don't research or read up on all the stats and numbers thrown at them. Alot of those truck guys know that if they want pulling power you get a Ford or Dodge, if you want fuel economy you buy a Chevy. In the farming country where I'm from, the Dealer couldn't move the F-150's cause they were too fancy to climb in with :censored: on your boots. Yes there are basic, striped F-150's but not enough to go around. You're probably right about the stats and all, but experience and word of mouth travel faster. An old F-250 in the field with a big fuel tank in the box and a new Silverado, 23mpg to go to town in, yup, that's Dakota country. Personally my last 2 F-Series got around 10 mpg when pulling, friend's 2006 Avalanche, avg about 17 mpg pulling a trailer with a skidloader, 23 mpg empty in the highway Don't know what the stats say, do I care? Gas pump says it all. :shrug:

I think you are full of shit....you say one thing and when someone confuses you with the truth ...you change your story....if the Chevy truck got that kind of gas milage they couldn't keep them on the lot....and Ford trucks out sold them by almost 200K last year....so get your story straight...

I think you are full of shit....you say one thing and when someone confuses you with the truth ...you change your story....if the Chevy truck got that kind of gas milage they couldn't keep them on the lot....and Ford trucks out sold them by almost 200K last year....so get your story straight...

I'm not at all confused and have my story straight, it's my experience, my family's experience. I don't need to read stats or the stickers on the windows. Been at Ford nearly 20yrs. and drove Fords before that. What have I got to gain by making stuff up? Just passin the talk around the coffee shop. Maybe if you're driving from Starbuck's to the mall you"ll have a different experience, but I won't call you a liar. Are Ford trucks sales up right now? I haven't checked lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to argue, but LAP NEVER made ranger in the 90's. I've worked at TCAP for 28 years, and the only other plant to build it was Edison since about '87

Sorry to argue, but LAP NEVER made ranger in the 90's. I've worked at TCAP for 28 years, and the only other plant to build it was Edison since about '87

Hate to say you are wrong but you are. They quit making the Ranger to get ready to run the Sport Trac I believe. It was painted on the front of the building up until about 3 years ago. It was the regulat cab model I believe. But I can't remember if they made the Bronco 2 here either. Ranger had just left when I came to work here but remember them in the shipping lot when I passed the plant.