Big profitting share checks comming up.

niteeyes

Vacation time IS considered compensated hours, as are personal (excused absence).

You can get 6 weeks of vacation, assuming you have a minimum of 20 years in and convert an entire week of holiday pay (Christmas shutdown, for example). But otherwise, 5 weeks (4 vac, 1 EAA) is the most any employee receives.

Even though the VEBA diversion was negotiated, the very last page of the agreement (in PDF form when originally released) stated Ford had to overcome obstacles to see if this was even legal. They have not announced that this has been completed, therefore no diversion will take place this year.

I have 24 yrs. and only get 4 weeks vac. and 1 week personal. where do you get 6 or 7 ?

Since I worked every holiday and banked them all that would count as personal days .Also had 2 from last thanksgiving carried over. That would make 11 + 2 from last thanksgiving 13 extra days + 3 weeks vac and 1 week pers. Makes roughly 6 weeks and 3 days. Guess you could accually have 7 1/2 weeks if you had over 20 yrs

Edited by salinedude

Since I worked every holiday and banked them all that would count as personal days .Also had 2 from last thanksgiving carried over. That would make 11 + 2 from last thanksgiving 13 extra days + 3 weeks vac and 1 week pers. Makes roughly 6 weeks and 3 days. Guess you could accually have 7 1/2 weeks if you had over 20 yrs

you must work off line.

Hopefully this helps. Here are just some of the "compensated" hours. Straight Time Hourly Base Wages / Straight Time Cost-of-Living Allowance / Straight Time Shift Premium / Vacation and Excused Absence Allowance / Holiday Pay / Seven-Day Operations Bonus / Apprentice Training Incentive / Payments / Bereavement Pay / Jury Duty Pay / Short-Term Military Duty Pay / Call-In Pay / Grievance Awards / Christmas Bonus and Work related workman's compensation (this one is tricky because you must at least work a complete week in the calendar year of the plan).

Again, I hope this helped. I don’t believe that I have missed any, if I have I apologize and please let me know.

Jeff Hodges

UAW Local 600

• Like 1

Why would it not be free money, we receive a paycheck for the work we perform.

This profit sharing check is based on the profits the company made from the work we performed( which we have already been paid for with a weekly check) so that would make this profit sharing check money Just given to us, and if I ever just have somebody give me money then Its considered free money.

It's free money , just enjoy

But look at the cost of everything we gave up in order to get this.... Thats why its NOT free money. They took from us, and this is just getting back a small portion of what they SHOULD have been paying over the last few years.

Actualy, it feels more like HUSH money to keep the workers quiet and in line to avoid future raises. Just like a signing bonus to get us to accept a shitty contract...Toss a few dollars their way, and the lowly autoworker living paycheck to paycheck will accept ANYTHING! And LIKE IT!

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 1

What? You don't remember the concessions we gave back to the comp-any in order to"HELP" them survive? The ones that were "Suspended" and then elliminated the next contract. It must not have effected you. Must be nice

I remember the consessions "we" gave up. You stated "They took from us, and this is just getting back a small portion of what they SHOULD have been paying over the last few years"

I was just wondering where "they" came from is all. But hey, Look at the bright side. Atleast we are getting a profit share for the second year in a row! Look how many years we did not get one. So in the end, We are not that far off from pre-consessions anyway on yearly income minusing O.T. But I am still not happy about losing the day off after easter! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Alan laughing his way to the bank...throw alittle profit sharing or signing bonus at the membership and they are happy as hell...all along forgetting that we have lost between 50-100k from the beginning. Vote in another shit contract...Alan M. will throw you a few dollars.

• Like 1

Alan laughing his way to the bank...throw alittle profit sharing or signing bonus at the membership and they are happy as hell...all along forgetting that we have lost between 50-100k from the beginning. Vote in another shit contract...Alan M. will throw you a few dollars.

I think telling people we should be getting 200,000 a year is the way to find more people buying foreign. Look being mad that we gave concessions and the company is not going give them back is cool, but your not getting that money back. It's gone. Your friends, neighbors and the residents of the towns and cities you live in that would rather see Alan make 12 million in bonus money than us make 150,000 to 200,000 a year.

Pulse did you read Settles letter, second paragraph Max 1850 hours ?

The max 1850 is what the formula is based off of..... The formula comes to $3.68664 per compensated hours worked last year.

My total was 3,000 compensated hours last year so, 3,000 hours X $3.68 = $11,000 profit sharing.

Figure out your total compensted hours last year and multipy by $3.68664

Thank you UAW Cha-Ching !!!! :happy feet:

• Like 1

The average $8,300 check would be off 2,250 compensated hours. (2,250 X $3.68664 = $8,295) If you had a decent amount of overtime and didn't have down weeks of unemployment or short work weeks, then you'd hit that average check. I estimated in Jan. you'd need at least 300 hours of overtime to make at least the average check. I wasn't far off. There are a lot of workers like tool time getting giant checks for mega hours, but there are also a lot of workers who missed a lot of work with early outs and FMLA's and will be making much lower than the average. Most of us at Flat Rock will be above average, even with no production Saturdays.