Modifying a Dealer ordered MKZ

does anyone know if it's possible to modify an existing dealer ordered vehicle if it hasnt began production yet? I have recently pre-ordered (dealer ordered in Oct scheduled for production Jan 14) a new MKZ and want to add a smaller option (e.g. aluminum trim package)? I am going to ask my dealer but want to be prepared w/ a rebutal if the immediate anwswer is sorry...no! It would seem the dealer could submit a change order for anything other than major option package changes.

oh bummer...thanks for the info. The VIN has already been assigned. I'll try not to give my dealer a hard time now when he responds accordingly. I guess I can inquire if the trim is something that can be changed at the dealer after arrival. I might have to just live with the brown swirl walnut application that is throughout the interior...not my favorite

oh bummer...thanks for the info. The VIN has already been assigned. I'll try not to give my dealer a hard time now when he responds accordingly. I guess I can inquire if the trim is something that can be changed at the dealer after arrival. I might have to just live with the brown swirl walnut application that is throughout the interior...not my favorite

Did you order a 2013 and now already have a VIN ? Was it the Hybrid or another version . I ordered in Aug the 13 Hybrid and still have not heard anything so just wonder how you got word on yours. The only thing I did not add to mine was the inflatable seat-belts and thinking I may want to add but not if it will hold me up

Yes I already have a VIN. This is a hybrid that was originally ordered by the dealer in October and which I placed a deposit on (mainly to take advantage of the pre-order makers program). The dealer looked the order up in their system and gave me a build date of Jan 14th. The inflatable rear seats was another option I would have liked to added, but I just confirmed what the other posted stated...that you can't change order a vehicle once the VIN has been generated.

It's possible some of these features can be added at the dealer upon arrival. I would think the inflatable seats would be a good candidate for a dealer add-on.

My order is black on black with the standard wheels and reserve package (nav, blis / cross traffic, etc).

What type of options did you select on your Hybrid?

Yes I already have a VIN. This is a hybrid that was originally ordered by the dealer in October and which I placed a deposit on (mainly to take advantage of the pre-order makers program). The dealer looked the order up in their system and gave me a build date of Jan 14th. The inflatable rear seats was another option I would have liked to added, but I just confirmed what the other posted stated...that you can't change order a vehicle once the VIN has been generated.

It's possible some of these features can be added at the dealer upon arrival. I would think the inflatable seats would be a good candidate for a dealer add-on.

My order is black on black with the standard wheels and reserve package (nav, blis / cross traffic, etc).

What type of options did you select on your Hybrid?

I ordered a Hybrid in September and stil no scheduled date to start. So mucn for filling orders in line in their order placed. I'm starting to hate Lincoln.

Mine was 8/18 and it is fully loaded, red with the pana roof. I think only thing not ordered was inflatable seat belts, rear sun screen ( can not have with pana roof) and the seats with air bladders or something like that. At the time of order those seats came with "late availability" which is funny since it seems this whole car is "late availability" LOL