***GUIDE*** HID Install 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

nmadole

Question: Has anyone installed the LED low and high beam lights yet? They are on sale at: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-LED-Headlights-Fog-Lights-Kit-p/15w-led-headlights.htm. They are available in H11 for low beams and H7 for high beams. The output is 1200 humens, slightly brighter than halogen, but much whiter at 5000K. If anyone has, please share your story.

Many people do not install HID in their highs because it takes a moment to warmup and flicking them on and off (oncoming traffic, flash to pass and so forth) is very abusive to the ballasts.

Question: Has anyone installed the LED low and high beam lights yet? They are on sale at: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-LED-Headlights-Fog-Lights-Kit-p/15w-led-headlights.htm. They are available in H11 for low beams and H7 for high beams. The output is 1200 humens, slightly brighter than halogen, but much whiter at 5000K. If anyone has, please share your story.

I've seen that kit and wondered but I'd like to see comparison pictures and more reviews on that before i'd consider it.

Many people do not install HID in their highs because it takes a moment to warmup and flicking them on and off (oncoming traffic, flash to pass and so forth) is very abusive to the ballasts.

He's actually referring to a high output LED bulb kit, not an HID kit.

• 2 weeks later...

I to want to install HID into my 2013 ford fusion but want to make sure I order the right parts so tell me if I'm wrong. Lows and fogs H11, running lights are 194 LEDs? Also what is everyone using for reverse lights, puddle lights and trunk lights? Has anyone had any problems out of their HIDs I'm planning on using DDM as that seems like a agreed upon company for reliable products. Where do I hook up positive and negative for non hybrid version? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to HIDs yet I don't want to pay for someone to do it for me.

I to want to install HID into my 2013 ford fusion but want to make sure I order the right parts so tell me if I'm wrong. Lows and fogs H11, running lights are 194 LEDs? Also what is everyone using for reverse lights, puddle lights and trunk lights? Has anyone had any problems out of their HIDs I'm planning on using DDM as that seems like a agreed upon company for reliable products. Where do I hook up positive and negative for non hybrid version? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to HIDs yet I don't want to pay for someone to do it for me.

Check out this thread first.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53795-ddm-tuning-vs-the-retrofit-source-hids/

• 2 months later...
I finally was able to install the HID lights, but fogs are not working with just the ballast connected to them. I think I may have to daisy chain the fogs with the headlight wiring harness. Should I buy a separate wiring harness just for the fogs?

Joveri,

How did the HID effort turn out? Pleased with the result? I too am in San Diego - would love to see them. I have an Energi Titanium with auto hi-beams, which will turn off the fogs when the hi-beams go on. I'll just go with the low-beams, and maybe get a 5K LED in the fogs at a later date.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone thinking... Shouldn't your fogs turn off when your high beams are on???? I changed the wiring so the fogs stay on.... :) Personal Preferance

I did this on an Escalade. This function was controlled by the Body Control Module so I had to use relays to accomplish this. How did you do it nmadole?

Have any of you guys considered the new Mondeo LED Headlamp assemblies? Same size and shape, plus the trick sequencing turn signal LEDs!

Edited by Lucifer

I did this on an Escalade. This function was controlled by the Body Control Module so I had to use relays to accomplish this. How did you do it nmadole?

Have any of you guys considered the new Mondeo LED Headlamp assemblies? Same size and shape, plus the trick sequencing turn signal LEDs!

I cross wired the harness (left fog to right low beam) ... this means the fogs are always on when the low beams are...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone installed these LED lights? I looked at the picture and the appear to emit light in only one direction, or 180 degrees, rather than the 360 degrees of the stock H7 blub. If this is true, how does the light beam appear? Stronger to one side than the other?

Chris1970, on 21 Feb 2013 - 2:12 PM, said:snapback.png

I tried installing the LED's for parking lights, either they were not bright enough or were impossible to install. I went with Sylvannia Silverstar 18w (921st) bulbs with the blue coating, much much brighter and completely white. Kinda tricky to get in there but they look great. Even bright enough to be DRL's if the parking lights are turned on.

Chris, do you have a direct link to the bulbs you used? Any pics?

Chris1970 did the Sylvannia Silverstar 18w (921s) directly fit into the PWY24W sockets? Did you post pictures anywhere?

Im having the same problem. Dan at DAYTIMEBrightLites.com made me a pair of puddle lights with similar bulbs and they flickered. He also made me a pair with resistors installed and the same thing happened. He has ordered another kind of LED, a Can-bus LED, that he's waiting for. Once he installs these bulbs I will be getting them to try. I will post the outcome some time this coming week.

c.blackfoot What did you come up with on the puddle lights? Did DAYTIME BrightLites find a solution that did not flicker or give a Bulb Out Warning?

• 2 months later...

I am having some issues with my hid install. at first i was able to to get them to turn on as long as the car was not on. I then adjusted a pin or two and bam got them to turn on when i turned the car on. Though i was golden till about 30 seconds later when they turned off. I retested, same thing happens. ive tried it with 2 differnt ballasts thinking that it might have just been the ballast. has anyone had this sort of problem?

I installed these quad HIDs into the headlight assembly this past weekend and will re-install them in the car next weekend (installed body skirts and dual exhaust this past weekend). The halos look yellow in the picture, but illuminate as white.

post-51044-0-38435800-1387829189_thumb.jpgpost-51044-0-11397800-1387829210_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lucifer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into another issue with my DDM HID's... Over the past couple months, the inline 20a fuse (within the DDM wiring harness) keeps blowing as soon as i turn on the headlights. It has usually happened when the car was left out in the cold when the outside temperatures got below freezing. I've contacted DDM's support site, but they dont seem to be much help.

Anyone have any idea why the fuse on the wiring harness would keep blowing? The weird thing is that its only the headlights, not the fogs. I'm using another wiring harness for the fogs, and both harnesses are wired to the same spots (12v to the car fuse box spot and both grounds above the strut tower brace part, just as described in the how-to). Since both harnesses are wired the same, why would the headlight fuse blow but not the fogs? I even tried using a 25a fuse instead of 20a, but still the same prob.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am looking for anyone that has installed HID in a 2014 Fusion Hybrid Energi Titanium. To get mine to work, I had to make a delay circuit in line with the relay. When one of the lamps are removed, the lamp power socket ( for both ) toggles on and off when running. I also installed LED"s for my FOG lights, no problems..

I installed these quad HIDs into the headlight assembly this past weekend and will re-install them in the car next weekend (installed body skirts and dual exhaust this past weekend). The halos look yellow in the picture, but illuminate as white.

attachicon.gifHeadlights.jpgattachicon.gifOpen light small.jpg

Lucifer, I really like the look of those headlight assemblies. Were you able to get it working, do you have any pictures and/or details to share with us?

Hello,

I am looking for anyone that has installed HID in a 2014 Fusion Hybrid Energi Titanium. To get mine to work, I had to make a delay circuit in line with the relay. When one of the lamps are removed, the lamp power socket ( for both ) toggles on and off when running. I also installed LED"s for my FOG lights, no problems..

Hi guys,

Yes, I have been 85% successful in my lighting mods. I installed three pairs of Morimoto Bi-Zenon HIDs: the low beams (replaced the H11 reflector projector with a Mini model HID projector, and matchbox model projectors in the fog light housings, and the high beam H7 reflectors. I also replaced the conventional filament turn signal bulb with a 24 emitter LED, replaced the conventional filament DRL with a 5 emitter LED, installed switch-back DRL/Turn Signal LED strips along the lower edge of the housing (white DRL turn amber and flash with the turn signal, then turn back to continuous white when the turn signal is off), installed LED halos around both of the projector hoods, and installed cornering LEDs in both the fog (now driving) light bezel and in the main headlight assembly on the bezel between the LED side markers and the turn signal.

First, let me state that this car, a 2014 Energi, is highly integrated to start with. If you remove the single headlight assembly plug you will find that it uses only six pins intelligently by switching combinations of the power and ground pins "on" or "off" to accomplish the desired results. Looking at the headlamp assembly plug (where the pins are visible from OUTSIDE the housing), from bottom left, is the ground pin for the DRL and high beam, top outside left is the side marker and DRL positive, inside top left is the high beam positive, inside top right is the low beam positive, outside top right is the turn signal positive, and the bottom right is the turn signal, side marker, and low beam ground.

I designed a small external circuit board to power the halos, convert the flashing turn signal current to a constant current to power the cornering LEDs, allow the fog/now driving lights to remain on when the high-beam circuit is active, and to enable power to the new in-board projectors either: on manually, off manually, or automatically with the low beam power. The solenoid blinds in all three projectors on each side are activated together with the high beam power circuit on their respective side of the car.

I have attached a few pictures taken during the construction process:

post-51044-0-43966400-1390102088_thumb.jpgpost-51044-0-74894200-1390102127_thumb.jpgpost-51044-0-78446100-1390103137_thumb.jpgpost-51044-0-37050400-1390102166_thumb.jpgpost-51044-0-82382700-1390102202_thumb.jpgpost-51044-0-04002400-1390102233_thumb.jpg

I will try to take and post some pictures of the finished installation tomorrow.

Edited by Lucifer
  • Like 1