LAP or MTP

LAP GUY

Just got off the phone with my committeman and I talked to Steve Stone today. There will be a SUV plant closing and its between LAP or MTP. There should be decision in about 30 days. Keep fingers crossed LAPers.

Any timeline on when the unlucky plant will be closed?

Just got off the phone with my committeman and I talked to Steve Stone today. There will be a SUV plant closing and its between LAP or MTP. There should be decision in about 30 days. Keep fingers crossed LAPers.

Wait a minute~ I don't want to see MTP close either. :finger:

Which plant is closer to Detroit ???????? ahahaha

LAP is dead meat along with OHAP, those are the next 2 plants on the "Terminator" (Fields) agenda. Billie said it will be painful.

"Tank"

You know, tank..things are rough all over..I'm at MTP, but, man, I don't want to see ANYONE lose their jobs. Calling a plant "dead meat" seems pretty mean and disrespectful, don't you think? Can you share your source for this information?

LAP is dead meat along with OHAP, those are the next 2 plants on the "Terminator" (Fields) agenda. Billie said it will be painful.

"Tank"

Yeah, Wixom sure is a long way down the road from the glass house now isn't it??

"Tank"

You know people should think before they type nothing is for sure MTP is in a launch that is for the most part a total lose we were sent home today after 4 hrs on nights and were off next week the econo is not able to be made here so stop with the bull----!!!!!!!!!!! :blah:

I thought employees from AAP are transfering to LAP??? How in the hell does it save money to pay to relocate employees to a plant that is closing???Are they that confused???I have been through this plant vs.plant debate already,I work at Wixom.Ford just might close them both.Ford Management is FLAKY!!You know they want to close more plants.I would say that the only safe plants are in Mexico and UAW Local 600 here in the USA.Local 600 is far and away the most powerful in all of Ford Motor.

Edited by chubby

I thought employees from AAP are transfering to LAP??? How in the hell does it save money to pay to relocate employees to a plant that is closing???Are they that confused???I have been through this plant vs.plant debate already,I work at Wixom.Ford just might close them both.Ford Management is FLAKY!!You know they want to close more plants.I would say that the only safe plants are in Mexico and UAW Local 600 here in the USA.Local 600 is far and away the most powerful in all of Ford Motor.

Yes there are a little over 300 from AAP coming to Lap and Ktp with Lap getting most of them in the next 2 weeks and each one getting moving allowance , we have so many rumers flying around and no Rep's around to answer anything :shrug:

as an employee, its hard to understand exactly what ford is going to do. LAP just bought out 150 people, to make room for transfers from AAP. figure 35,000 for a buyout, then a moving allowance for those transferred....why would ford announce a month later the closing of the plant? its one thing to make a mistake and invest big $$ in a plant and turn around a few years later and realize it was a mistake and close it....but why would you spend all that $$, at a time when $$ is tight, and then close the plant you just transferred people into. it all smells fishy to me.

"Tank"

Where did you get this info? By the way you post all this, it seems to me you must have a tight inside track to what Billy and Mark are up to, even before any official announcements are made public. And no, you don't have to re-quote Billy's announcement that it will be painful, just ask anyone who is able to transfer or is making the decision to accept buyouts. Not mention how their families are coping with it and the communitites as well. If you are trying to stir up the shitpot just to see what kind of reaction you'll get with the way the situation is, YOU, my friend, are going to make more enemies than you'll know what to do with or handle. And, that, TANK, WILL BE YOUR PROBLEM----ALL YOURS!!! :slap:

Take my advice.Do NOT pay attention to ANY rumors.Ford is gonna do what they are gonna do.I doubt if the UAW knows what the deal is either.You will know what if anything is happening as soon as the UAW does.So many things can seem like something else???Whatever Ford decides to do, it AINT the END of The World anyways. So Just dont sweat it.keep smilin! good-luck!

Edited by chubby

Where did you get this info? By the way you post all this, it seems to me you must have a tight inside track to what Billy and Mark are up to, even before any official announcements are made public. And no, you don't have to re-quote Billy's announcement that it will be painful, just ask anyone who is able to transfer or is making the decision to accept buyouts. Not mention how their families are coping with it and the communitites as well. If you are trying to stir up the shitpot just to see what kind of reaction you'll get with the way the situation is, YOU, my friend, are going to make more enemies than you'll know what to do with or handle. And, that, TANK, WILL BE YOUR PROBLEM----ALL YOURS!!! :slap:

Why would you think I'm trying to stir it up ?? This Board is for useful info. And that is what I am supplying.

"Tank"

just a quick question, how many people have been transfered to mtp from other plants ?

none in hourly, a few in salery from out of state, Tank your posts are in your mind helpful but I think your saying this so no one will come to your plant to kick you off your job!!!!!!! As I posted last week we here at MTP are geting buyouts from the UAW & Ford look at my last posts and read what the local said. Lap I would not say your safe but this bull++++ about MTP bulding anything but the exp/nav/strech exp, is full of shit!!!!!!! Just caus we have a flex bodyshop means nothing the rest of the plant is so old we should have been closed 5 years ago. Now saying that Im ready for what ever Ford does I hope the rest are :censored:

none in hourly, a few in salery from out of state, Tank your posts are in your mind helpful but I think your saying this so no one will come to your plant to kick you off your job!!!!!!! As I posted last week we here at MTP are geting buyouts from the UAW & Ford look at my last posts and read what the local said. Lap I would not say your safe but this bull++++ about MTP bulding anything but the exp/nav/strech exp, is full of shit!!!!!!! Just caus we have a flex bodyshop means nothing the rest of the plant is so old we should have been closed 5 years ago. Now saying that Im ready for what ever Ford does I hope the rest are :censored:

30,000 14 plants, where are they gonna come from ?????? Denial, denial

30,000 14 plants, where are they gonna come from ?????? Denial, denial

whos in denial ? I said Im ready for anything are you? Or are you a lifer that when things dont go the way you think, you will come back here and bitch about it :finger:

whos in denial ? I said Im ready for anything are you? Or are you a lifer that when things dont go the way you think, you will come back here and bitch about it :finger:

whats up Tank the bullshit you put on this thread and the MTP econo thread to much for you, I now now who you are your so full of crap its not worth reading you so pleas dont post till you got it wright. You must be playing with the hourly on the course, Dumb-f+++ I know who you are and who your with down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kissass:

"Tank"

You know I thought we were suppose to all be union brothers but this Tank person is a butt If I knew who you were I would kick your A-- you piece of sh-t You know what goes around comes around in ten fold so I would not open my mouth to much.We have a good crew at LAP People that care about one another and there families also You people at MTP must be some real assholes Im not sure if I would follow our product or not I would be affraid MTP,s selfishness or nastiness would rub off and then I would be lowering myself to your standards. So whoever they shut down I hope things work out for each and every person UNION BROTHER OR SISTER

Why would you think I'm trying to stir it up ?? This Board is for useful info. And that is what I am supplying.

"Tank"

No one is going to argue that this Board is for useful info, that's true. It is also true that maybe LAP and OHAP could be on the block too, along with just about any other plant too. All I was trying to say is that I have not heard or seen ANYTHING official regarding this. Sorry if I came on strong, but everyday in various plants, we hear all kinds of bullshit from so-called quote-un-quote'reliable' sources and we know what that is. I've been to info meetings and such and have not heard or seen anything in writing. That's All. Keep up the posts as will I and a whole lot of others on this site. :rockon:

I guess i can throw in my two cents for the hell of it.

Explain to me what sense it makes to move the econoline to MTP,when KTP has the same drivetrains. Remember that all the econoline is underneath is a super duty drivetrain. Also we have the newest stamping cells in the system on site. First cell is around three years and the other is less than one year old. We can stamp anything is these cells,just ask the stamping plants that use to do parts for the super duty and explorer.

They also are in the process of paying for 300+ buyouts at KTP and 150 at LAP to make room for the AAP people to come up.

You can also ask some of the people from OHAP about the rumours of the cutaways coming to KTP in the future,no word ever of econoline work going to MTP.

My guess is if MTP does remain open,it will be for something we have not started building or a overflow plant for some other product to be built alongside the expy's and nav's.

Guess will see what happens in the future.