Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Oops, I made an error when posting my VIN. The 6th character is the number 0, not the letter O. You probably already caught my mistake. Thanks JD.

Corrected VIN: 3FA6P0RU5DR282157

Actually, I cut and paste, so thank you. But I do only sort one the last 8 digits.

Hi taylorjd,

I noticed that the table has a couple of Energi's that are not identified as Ti or SE. Based in the VIN they can be identifed easily... P0S is the code for Ti while P0P is the code for SE.

All the Energi's that have VIN on the table are Ti's.

Regards,

APM

Hi taylorjd,

I noticed that the table has a couple of Energi's that are not identified as Ti or SE. Based in the VIN they can be identifed easily... P0S is the code for Ti while P0P is the code for SE.

All the Energi's that have VIN on the table are Ti's.

Regards,

APM

That is a good point, I did know that but wanted to have the person tell me what they had (in case we had another w the wrong VIN), but I did update the one based on that. The only other not ID is FusionEnergi who only provided the last 8 digits. Thanks :)

Hi Jeff,

If you're planning to update this, it might be a good idea to put the link to the spreadsheet in your signature line so people don't have to track back to the thread where you listed it.

You all have such great ideas. So as long as I post, you'll get it (which should not be a problem, I like running my mouth).

Ok, I've had just about enough of all you happy-go-lucky VIN holders. :P Meanwhile, I can't seem to get my HyTi past "order processing". Anyway, I figured it time to start achieving my requisite 10 posts to have my status checked in the forum. Hopefully I'll get something other than what Ford will tell me on the phone or in chat. Or at least a little more info than the dealer cares to share..."Shows it is in line to be built". (I would interpret that as being "scheduled" and even with a VIN. But alas I think it is merely secret code for a poor dealership experience)

Cheers you lucky ones!

Ok, I've had just about enough of all you happy-go-lucky VIN holders. :P Meanwhile, I can't seem to get my HyTi past "order processing". Anyway, I figured it time to start achieving my requisite 10 posts to have my status checked in the forum. Hopefully I'll get something other than what Ford will tell me on the phone or in chat. Or at least a little more info than the dealer cares to share..."Shows it is in line to be built". (I would interpret that as being "scheduled" and even with a VIN. But alas I think it is merely secret code for a poor dealership experience)

Cheers you lucky ones!

Hang in there! Your turn will come (eventually). When did you order yours?

Cheers you lucky ones!

47Minutes you and I really can't complain to much, as long as we get our cars...but I still do :) Check with (Post) cyberdman http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

47Minutes you and I really can't complain to much, as long as we get our cars...but I still do :) Check with (Post) cyberdman http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

I know. I'm trying to not be down about it all since I'm being given an incredible gift. And that was a lot easier when everyone was waiting and waiting. But it sure has gotten a lot harder in the past few days seeing what seems like everyone but me getting VINs and dates. It sure can suck the life out of the whole "I won a car!" experience. Anyway, post 2 of 10 done!

• Like 1

I know. I'm trying to not be down about it all since I'm being given an incredible gift. And that was a lot easier when everyone was waiting and waiting. But it sure has gotten a lot harder in the past few days seeing what seems like everyone but me getting VINs and dates. It sure can suck the life out of the whole "I won a car!" experience. Anyway, post 2 of 10 done!

I suspect by Friday you have a VIN. Post your Order and Dealer info with cyberdman and he should be able to check and help track it and then it will be 3 down :)

How did you guys win your cars?

They did give you the option to order vs. stock? Did you have to go through a dealer to order it? I wonder if the allocation of the dealer has to do with the delay in getting 47minutes' VIN...

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

They did give you the option to order vs. stock? Did you have to go through a dealer to order it? I wonder if the allocation of the dealer has to do with the delay in getting 47minutes' VIN...

Regards,

APM

I won mine as a part of the Random Acts of Fusion marketing campaign. Mine was the 47 Minute challenge. We basically receive the prize value as a "credit" that the marketing company will pay to the dealership we select. They had to approve the dealership. We have to pay anything that goes over the prize value. I could have taken a vehicle from dealer stock but the HyTi is what I want and, as we all well know, there aren't any in stock yet. I did consider at one point to abandon getting a hybrid and instead get an AWD Titanium. But I decided to stick with it and wait it out. So the only reason mine is a dealer/retail order is because they hadn't started producing the HyTi yet.

We do also get the benefit of X-plan pricing. So I have wondered if my order is getting equal attention to other retail orders since it is X-plan. I don't think the fact the car is a prize has anything to do with it as the dealer basically gets a check from the marketing company the same as if I were writing the check.

We do also get the benefit of X-plan pricing. So I have wondered if my order is getting equal attention to other retail orders since it is X-plan. I don't think the fact the car is a prize has anything to do with it as the dealer basically gets a check from the marketing company the same as if I were writing the check.

It doesn't matter. Retail orders get priority before any dealer stock orders and it doesn't matter whether they're X plan or not.

It doesn't matter. Retail orders get priority before any dealer stock orders and it doesn't matter whether they're X plan or not.

I'm just starting to have doubts in my salesperson/dealership. It's probably all born out of frustration from waiting so long but I can't help but wonder if I would be getting taken better care of elsewhere. Unfortunately, it would be a pain to change dealerships since the marketing company has to approve the dealer selected. To change now after all this time would probably only cause further delays.

I'm just starting to have doubts in my salesperson/dealership. It's probably all born out of frustration from waiting so long but I can't help but wonder if I would be getting taken better care of elsewhere. Unfortunately, it would be a pain to change dealerships since the marketing company has to approve the dealer selected. To change now after all this time would probably only cause further delays.

Have you asked your dealer if they actually have an allocation?

I won mine as a part of the Random Acts of Fusion marketing campaign. Mine was the 47 Minute challenge. We basically receive the prize value as a "credit" that the marketing company will pay to the dealership we select. They had to approve the dealership. We have to pay anything that goes over the prize value. I could have taken a vehicle from dealer stock but the HyTi is what I want and, as we all well know, there aren't any in stock yet. I did consider at one point to abandon getting a hybrid and instead get an AWD Titanium. But I decided to stick with it and wait it out. So the only reason mine is a dealer/retail order is because they hadn't started producing the HyTi yet.

Congratulations!!!

I'm not sure what the dealers in South Florida are doing about X-Plan and the Hybrid Ti. I know that for the Energi I could only find one dealer out of about 8 that I contact that would accept X-Plan and they would only do it on a retail order (Metro Ford), which is where I ordered mine from.

Also I wonder if the Hybrid Ti's have the same allocation issues as the Energi. Metro Ford told me they got only two Energi's for March. One of those ended up being for my order.

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

Regards,

APM

I'll add to what 47minutes said, I got the same deal, but I won mine though the The Ultimate Thank You Basket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsSPHNeHrwo&feature=share&list=FLARfo6X_dFtfkBtAg7mGbgQ). I knew I really wanted the Fusion Energi, but was unsure if it made financial sense. Having won most of it, adding a bit more had little impact on my budget (less then my leased car) and so I don't care if it makes financial sense :) (I LOVE FORD!). I think the delay in 47minutes' VIN is a matter of what dealer. At this point we are all in the same boat. I bet he gets his any day now and it will be a Mar 18 or Mar 25 week.

I'll add to what 47minutes said, I got the same deal, but I won mine though the The Ultimate Thank You Basket. I knew I really wanted the Fusion Energi, but was unsure if it made financial sense. Having won most of it, adding a bit more had little impact on my budget (less then my leased car) and so I don't care if it makes financial sense :) (I LOVE FORD!). I think the delay in 47minutes' VIN is a matter of what dealer. At this point we are all in the same boat. I bet he gets his any day now and it will be a Mar 18 or Mar 25 week.

Congratulations to you as well...

I think that Ford has improved leaps and bounds in the last few years. Back in 2009 I was considering buying a Volt... but I realized that the Chevy dealers were going to try to rape people looking for it, so in September 2009, I traded a 2005 GMC Envoy for the 2010 Fusion Hybrid. I went to test drive it and immediately decided to buy. I work out of my house so I only drive about 500 miles a month. Currently I fill my gas tank about once a month and spend about $50. I have been getting between 39 and 40 mpg on my Fusion Hybrid. My goal with the Energi is to fill it up once every 3 months or less. Most of my trips are short, taking the kids to soccer and ballet and the occasional soccer match about 20 to 30 miles away, so I'm confident that 90% of my miles will be all electric!

I know that there is plenty of people who say that it doesn't make financial sense and that I will never recover the difference, and I may agree, that on a purely financial basis it doesn't make sense, but then again, people buy Lambo's, Ferrrari's, Bentley's etc. which make even less sense and cost much more than your average house, so I'm not really worried about what other people may think. I really like the Fusion Energi and I think it will give me freedom from the gas station even if I have to spend a little bit more up front.

The only thing I don't like about the Fusion Energi is..... that is not sitting in my garage right now ;)

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm
  • Like 2

Well was just about to jump to anouther dealer, per my other post. But got my VIN for my HyTi today! I tried looking up the window sitcker, but had no luck. Now that I have the VIN, how do I get the build date and such?

Model: Deep Impact Blue Metallic 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium (P0R, 900A, 53B, 55M, 90A)
Price: X-Plan $33055.19

Date Ordered: 12/27/12
VIN Available:
3/4/13
VIN #: 3FA6P0RU4DR281842

Window Sticker Available: ?
Scheduled Build Week: ?

Scheduled Build Date: ?
State: FL

I think if you make a lot of short trips, The Fusion Energi is the one to get. I almost bought a Fusion Hybrid in 2009, ordered it, but it took too long to get in (sounds familiar), so I got a Toyota Prius inside. Hated the Prius, except for the gas mileage, and push to start. I also liked driving thru a parking lot on all electric...totally quite. But the Prius engine kicks in at 11 mph...really sucks. Also on short trips the gas kicks in to warm the car and to charge battery, so you get 30-35 mpg until you go a lot farther. The Energi should fix all that. I can't wait to get the Energi!!