Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Thanks! However, saving money is saving money. I have x-plan as a shareholder but did not use it due to military sales being a cheaper price with the warranty. I'm just happy the new rebate came out before I received my car in a few weeks. Only paid 32,500 for my car when I subtract the seven year warranty. Good deal with the options.

How do you get the x-plan via shareholder? I called shreholder relations and the acted as if I had two heads when I asked about it. I'm a long time F shareholder...

Delivery of what? I thought your Fusion was stuck in limbo somewhere. Congrats! Hope you're a happy camper now and we get to see the happy / joyful / exciting side of you! Please post pictures and impressions of the car (even if it's not a Fusion).

Of this....

554789_4627777576770_346758377_n_zpsa2dc

So far so good. Gas mileage seems to be about half of what it is suppose to be. The dealership never called me to say it was in. I called ford's 1800 number to find out that the car was delivered. Went in this morning and said a little birdy told me.... and then they confirmed that it was in. We did up all of the paperwork and signed the contract and and that was that. Drove the car off the lot and went to work! One thing that I noticed right away was that the HD radio is sensitive and not as good as the integrated HD radio addon that I had in my 08 fusion and the steering wheel is smaller than my 08.

• Like 3

How do you get the x-plan via shareholder? I called shreholder relations and the acted as if I had two heads when I asked about it. I'm a long time F shareholder...

Fill out the x-plan pin application (link: http://www.fordflex.net/misc/ford-shareholders-x-plan-application.pdf ). It gives you step-by-step directions. You need Ford stock for 6 months or longer and 100 shares. Send in the form with a stock (E-Trade/Ameritrade) statement. Bam! you will have an X-Plan Pin to give to a dealer in three days.

Kirk !!!!!! Dude !!! Don't be posting pics like that please.....

That car looks way too awesome in the rain.

You are making me consider black :( aaahhhhhhgggggg

What am I to do. Well we shall see. Maybe I will go to my dealer tonight and check out Black.

But driving a black car in the desert…. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, car looks so awesome. Jealous now !!! J

That is outstanding. I know how it goes with x-plan. I have Z plan available to me through a relative, but it is actually cheaper with my dealer to not use it. It eliminates some incentive availability and locks in a price over invoice.

I assume that was a typo and you meant to say X plan. Z plan is for retired employees and is 4% less than dealer invoice - significantly cheaper than X plan.

If you meant X plan then yes you can do better with a military rebate if your dealer is selling close to invoice.

Kirk !!!!!! Dude !!! Don't be posting pics like that please.....

That car looks way too awesome in the rain.

You are making me consider black :( aaahhhhhhgggggg

What am I to do. Well we shall see. Maybe I will go to my dealer tonight and check out Black.

But driving a black car in the desert…. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, car looks so awesome. Jealous now !!! J

Black in the desert? No big deal.... just cook your breakfast on the hood!! Just make sure to use a nylon or wood utensil! Haha.

I bet no one has black cars there. I was in Tuscon and Phoenix last June and I don't remember seeing any black cars and darn few with dark interiors. My rental was an MKZ with tan interior. Just like driving my Fusion!! My first experience with 113 degrees! Whew! But, it WAS a dry heat....

Of this....

554789_4627777576770_346758377_n_zpsa2dc

So far so good. Gas mileage seems to be about half of what it is suppose to be. The dealership never called me to say it was in. I called ford's 1800 number to find out that the car was delivered. Went in this morning and said a little birdy told me.... and then they confirmed that it was in. We did up all of the paperwork and signed the contract and and that was that. Drove the car off the lot and went to work! One thing that I noticed right away was that the HD radio is sensitive and not as good as the integrated HD radio addon that I had in my 08 fusion and the steering wheel is smaller than my 08.

Looks awesome!

Couple things to remember with this car....

Cold weather = lower MPG

Rainy roads = more resistance = lower MPG

Windy = more resistance = lower MPG

Heavy foot = Go fast = lower MPG (Pretend there is an egg between your foot and the gas pedal, and you don't want to break it)

You will be shocked at how much the rain and temperature affect it. Rain is AWFUL. Today it was around 32-35 all day here, and my commute mileage is probably 3 MPG lower than if it is 50 out.

Drove out to my dealer tonight, actually had a phone conversation also today.

Tomorrow, they are going to get to the bottom of it. Figure out who's fault it is, then try to make me happy. I can keep the black one, or they will order a Ruby Red and make sure I get what I want.

I am leaning towards getting the Tux Black, instead of waiting an extra 3 weeks min for the Ruby Red.

I may grow to love the Black, I'm just a creature of habit and all my cars for the most part have been red.

Wondering what the heat difference is between Red and Black, both have Black intereior, so both will be hot in the summer.

Well really depends on how the dealer treats me tomorrow.

• Like 1

Tomorrow, they are going to get to the bottom of it. Figure out who's fault it is, then try to make me happy. I can keep the black one, or they will order a Ruby Red and make sure I get what I want.

I am leaning towards getting the Tux Black, instead of waiting an extra 3 weeks min for the Ruby Red.

I may grow to love the Black, I'm just a creature of habit and all my cars for the most part have been red.

Wondering what the heat difference is between Red and Black, both have Black intereior, so both will be hot in the summer.

Waiting three or four more weeks to get the car you really want is not that big of deal. I love black, but in the area I live in it would NEVER look clean(heat is not so much of an issue). If you are going to own your Fusion for 5 or more years then the extra few weeks to get what you really wanted seems pretty tiny. Plus as a bonus you will probably get some nice perks from your dealer for the screw up and still end up waiting less time to get your Ruby Red HyTi then some of us!. IMHO

• Like 1

Waiting three or four more weeks to get the car you really want is not that big of deal. I love black, but in the area I live in it would NEVER look clean(heat is not so much of an issue). If you are going to own your Fusion for 5 or more years then the extra few weeks to get what you really wanted seems pretty tiny. Plus as a bonus you will probably get some nice perks from your dealer for the screw up and still end up waiting less time to get your Ruby Red HyTi then some of us!. IMHO

Well, after looking last night, the black is nice, but Ruby Red still screams out at me. It is just me. My friends, family, etc. know my car by it's color.

Plus, I totally agree with Toz, I saw a black on on the lot and it was dusty. Plus I had to go to Big Bear yesterday to service a customer and my red car was so dirty, and I started thinking about the looking clean thing. I don't have a garage, just a car port so more of an issue.

My Memorial Weekend in a new car is probably blown, we shall see. But I am going to give my dealer a chance to make me happy. They keep saying that is all they care about, so yes, maybe I can get some perks. I suggested park assist for free. Maybe extra money on my trade in.

But I think I am going to hold out for Ruby Red. So I guess I will join the "Car 1 / Car 2" club. :(

• Like 2

So I am looking through my emails at several dealers who have contacted me. And there are two dealers that sent coupons by email. They are labeled "Guarenteed Savings Certivicate"

for ANY in-stock 4dr Sedan Hybrid FWD
Your Customer Price will be no more than:

$1,067 (3.81%)
above $27,995 MSRP

That doesn't sound like a good deal to me if I am paying $600 above dealer invoice with the Costco program..??? Am I correct?

Or do you think the dealer would give me that $1,000 off the $600 above invoice? That would make it $400 below invoice.

Anyone else get these ?

Black is not red and never will be. You better be sure because once you drive it away, it's yours.

Three weeks isn't a long time if you really want Ruby Red. It may seem like it, but three weeks compared to years is a whole different story.

Just be sure. Best wishes whatever you decide.

• Like 1

Malibu - my dealership sells most new cars AT invoice. They make their money on the holdback and the resale of trade ins and used cars. They do this because it is too much hassle to dicker on price. They sell their used cars essentially the same way. Set it and it is what is is. Fair market price. WAY more margin there.

And.... Build day is next Thursday but no sticker joy today. :doh:

• Like 1