Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

So don't get my hopes up. Got it. It is possible that they called Ford today and did a new order and are not telling me.

Who knows.

I will know next week if they give me a VIN and I see a window sticker. And it has the correct information.

If they screw it up a second time.... then time to go to a new dealer. No third chance !!

• Like 1

Did you not receive a Vehicle Order Confirmation form when you placed your order?

I had to verify that the order was correct, then sign and date two copies of the form.

One copy of the VOC for me and one copy for them.

When a customer at my dealership wants to place a retail factory order... the order is input via the CONCEPS ordering system and the customer has to sign a copy of the print out approving the vehicle specifications. In addition, a dealership manager has to approve the transaction and I have to have notice that the vehicle financing is approved. Without the required customer and internal approvals the order is not placed until any and all issues or questions are answered. As a routine matter of business, retail orders are usually sent to Ford within 24-48 hours at the latest. Retail orders are prioritized with priority codes so that retail orders are scheduled in the order that they were placed.

I've seen messages here in the BON Forums about dealerships that supposedly only place retail orders once a week because scheduling is only done once a week. First, Ford can change pricing at any time although there's usually a day or more's notice. The date that a retail order is received by Ford can be critical not just because of pricing but because of scheduling and commodity issues. Ford releases a Dealership's weekly scheduling allocation on Monday afternoon in addition to the week's Commodity and Constraints Letter to assist Dealers with the week's scheduling issues. Ford will always try to schedule a retail order given commodity issues and will often make commodity exceptions in order to schedule a retail order.

If you've placed a retail factory order, insist that your Dealer provide you with a copy of the DORA so that you can verify your order specifications and pricing. Also insist that they provide you with Vehicle Visibility reports for order updates.

Hope that this message helps.

• Like 2

Waiting three or four more weeks to get the car you really want is not that big of deal. I love black, but in the area I live in it would NEVER look clean(heat is not so much of an issue). If you are going to own your Fusion for 5 or more years then the extra few weeks to get what you really wanted seems pretty tiny. Plus as a bonus you will probably get some nice perks from your dealer for the screw up and still end up waiting less time to get your Ruby Red HyTi then some of us!. IMHO

If the Dealer has to reorder the car there is no way it will be built and delivered in 3 weeks. The new order will be subject to all the scheduling and commodity issues in effect at the time of scheduling. Any Dealer that tells you otherwise is plain lying to you.

If the Dealer has to reorder the car there is no way it will be built and delivered in 3 weeks. The new order will be subject to all the scheduling and commodity issues in effect at the time of scheduling. Any Dealer that tells you otherwise is plain lying to you.

I believe Malibu's dealer is trying to change a car ordered a couple weeks after him from white platinum to ruby red, then they will order another white platinum.

Is that right Malibu??

JCG1005, funny, kick a guy when he is down !!! lol JK

Actually my sales guy contacted me and they said (whether true or not) that there was a white one ordered a week after me.

They think they can switch it to Ruby Red and I can have it.

They just want to get it switched, and verify everything is exactly what I ordered this time, and then I will get a VIN.

I hope they get it correct this time, and maybe I will only be behind a week or two. better than 3 and starting over.

Apparently the inventory manager who does the ordering did not read my sales guys instructions. Like, you don't check that stuff when you spend $30k !!!!!

So looks like I will have car #2 ordered on April 4, with no other info at this point.

A white one ordered a week after yours? Was the white one placed as a retail order for another customer or as a stock order? Was the "white" one already scheduled? If the "white" one has been scheduled then there is already a VIN number for it. Ask your Dealer for a copy of the DORA and the Vehicle Visibility status so that you can see for yourself that it's the vehicle you want and that the vehicle status from Ford is the same as your Dealer is telling you.

ice-capades,

it's a different order. It was ordered a week after mine, and they believe there is time to update the order and change the color.

I should know for sure by Monday or Tuesday. Hoping. Otherwise, back to a new order I suppose.

OK... Just make sure that your Dealer gives you documentation so that you can be assured that the vehicle is what you want to take delivery of. If at any time the Dealership hesitates to provide you with a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) or Vehicle Visibility Report contact Ford immediately.

So don't get my hopes up. Got it. It is possible that they called Ford today and did a new order and are not telling me.

Who knows.

I will know next week if they give me a VIN and I see a window sticker. And it has the correct information.

If they screw it up a second time.... then time to go to a new dealer. No third chance !!

There is no "calling" Ford about vehicle for orders other than a Dealer calling their Ford Zone Manager asking for assistance in getting a retail order scheduled that is already in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). All orders are managed by Dealers via the CONCEPS ordering system subject to order priority codes, commodity issues and dealership allocation for the scheduling week.

• Like 1

When a customer at my dealership wants to place a retail factory order... the order is input via the CONCEPS ordering system and the customer has to sign a copy of the print out approving the vehicle specifications. In addition, a dealership manager has to approve the transaction and I have to have notice that the vehicle financing is approved. Without the required customer and internal approvals the order is not placed until any and all issues or questions are answered. As a routine matter of business, retail orders are usually sent to Ford within 24-48 hours at the latest. Retail orders are prioritized with priority codes so that retail orders are scheduled in the order that they were placed.

It appears that I have a good dealer.

I used the Ford build your own site to create what I wanted. I printed out the result and took it to the dealer. I told the salesman that I was paying cash for the car.

The salesman went over the printout with me and then went to the manager. I presume they ran a credit check but don't know for sure. The manager entered the order right then. The salesman came back with my printout and two copies of the VOC. We went through that and I verified that it was right. I then signed both copies. I kept one and he kept one. I used the Dealer ID and the order number from the VOC to track with cyberdman and eventually got my VIN. Cyberdman verified that the order was placed the day I was at the dealership. I verified the VIN with my salesman. Everything is in place for delivery maybe tomorrow but more likely next week.

I am not sure if the "White Fusion" was a retail or stock order. It sounded like it did not have a VIN yet, but if it was ordered last week on Thursday (assuming he is telling the truth) then it should have a VIN. So they may just be stalling until next Thursday to put in a new order then.

I suppose I may just have to go by and talk to them today, they just always sort of act dumb, like they aren't sure what is going on.

I could try to talk to the Inventory Manager directly, at least worth a try. Ice-capades, thank you for all that information. I can at least be armed with some knowledge enough that I will know if they are lying to me.

So what do you charge for your services??? :) I should just have you call them and give them a piece of mind. :) lol.

I will try and get some more details from someone other than my sales guy.

I am not sure if the "White Fusion" was a retail or stock order. It sounded like it did not have a VIN yet, but if it was ordered last week on Thursday (assuming he is telling the truth) then it should have a VIN. So they may just be stalling until next Thursday to put in a new order then.

I suppose I may just have to go by and talk to them today, they just always sort of act dumb, like they aren't sure what is going on.

I could try to talk to the Inventory Manager directly, at least worth a try. Ice-capades, thank you for all that information. I can at least be armed with some knowledge enough that I will know if they are lying to me.

So what do you charge for your services??? :) I should just have you call them and give them a piece of mind. :) lol.

I will try and get some more details from someone other than my sales guy.

Thanks for giving me a reason to "chuckle" today about a comment! I gladly offer my services to you and everyone else at no charge as my only interest is to help generate more satisfied Ford customers! I might not have all the answers to everyone's questions but I do my best to provide current and accurate information to those here based on the latest official information provided by Ford to its Dealers.

If at any time you're not comfortable with the information you're getting from your Dealer regarding your retail factory order, go up the ladder and talk to the Sales Manager, General Manager, Dealer Principal or anyone else in order to get answers regarding the status of your retail factory order. If at any time you're unhappy or disappointed with the information your Dealer is giving, don't hesitate for a minute to contact Ford directly and file a complaint. Unfortunately, a customer that complains directly to Ford can get better information than Dealers can at times!

• Like 2

So, does that mean that this dealer could, if they wanted to place the order any day they wanted? Assuming it's a work day? In other words, FORD does not restrict them to ordering only one day per week.

btw, I called back to get more info. They are now checking again.

I told them that I want to know if they have confirmed with Ford that the "White" TI does not have a VIN, and can in fact have the color changed.

or, if they plan on doing a new order.

There is a huge difference between the two !!!

JCG1005, funny, kick a guy when he is down !!! lol JK

Actually my sales guy contacted me and they said (whether true or not) that there was a white one ordered a week after me.

They think they can switch it to Ruby Red and I can have it.

They just want to get it switched, and verify everything is exactly what I ordered this time, and then I will get a VIN.

I hope they get it correct this time, and maybe I will only be behind a week or two. better than 3 and starting over.

Apparently the inventory manager who does the ordering did not read my sales guys instructions. Like, you don't check that stuff when you spend $30k !!!!!

So looks like I will have car #2 ordered on April 4, with no other info at this point.

And you will probably still get yous before I get mine. I don't care what Ford says, smaller markets get crapped on for the best selling cars. Glad that they were able to get you turned around so fast.

<edit> never mind. good luck on your Second order.

Edited by Toz

Ok.... They called back.

The real deal (thank you again ice-capades) -- There either is no "White" TI or it can't be changed.

Early Monday morning, they will re-order my Ruby Red TI. I will be provided with a copy of the DORA as soon as they have it.

Also, they will be providing a copy of the Visability Report once a week !!!!

They will also be discussing how to make me a happy customer with some additional incentive. :)

So I have to wait, but at least it sounds like they are trying.

I was ready to leave, and they can probably tell, so they are trying to keep my business.

I hope it goes well the second time.

Ok.... They called back.

The real deal (thank you again ice-capades) -- There either is no "White" TI or it can't be changed.

Early Monday morning, they will re-order my Ruby Red TI. I will be provided with a copy of the DORA as soon as they have it.

Also, they will be providing a copy of the Visability Report once a week !!!!

They will also be discussing how to make me a happy customer with some additional incentive. :)

So I have to wait, but at least it sounds like they are trying.

I was ready to leave, and they can probably tell, so they are trying to keep my business.

I hope it goes well the second time.

This sounds good, all things considered.

You and a couple of others ordered in late March and had VINs quickly. I ordered in early March and got mine around the same time that you did. Hopefully now that production is really ramped up, your turnaround will be quick. You are less than 3 weeks behind your first order, right?

It will all be good in the end!!

Mandatory Ford Fusion Order Progress Content: While You're Waiting for Your Fusion.....

You can put your VIN# into the owner.ford.com site and see and read all your owners and warranty manuals.... whew, I gotta get a life.....

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODFSN/~MUS~LEN/42/13fsnom3e.pdf

Edited by RUBY ROYAL

I meant that Malibu was only three weeks into his current order, so starting over should only set him back three weeks. Not that he would get another car in three weeks. He went from order to VIN and build date in record time!