Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Hey Gang,

I've now had my car a little over a week and figured I'd give the crew here a status update and a thank you. I never received a call from my salesman during the waiting period, but fortunately had this forum to set my expectations correctly. In the end, I received two updates from Cyberdman and a handful from twitters @FordService. The car came in one day later than the original ETA.

Now that I've been driving my Fusion, I must say it was WELL worth the wait. Everywhere I go, I get stares and compliments on the car. The ride is smooth and the transitions from electric to gas are seamless (just like the reviews say). I love the electric silence and when you get used to that, the gas engine sounds noisy (but it is what can be expected of a 4-cyl). I'm now driving with a different style (for a hybrid) where the gas engine is used to climb small to large inclines and then pull the foot off the gas to let the electric engine take over and then very gradually apply pressure to the gas pedal to maintain the electric speed on flat roads (and get 60+ mpg's). I'm averaging 42 mpg's and it's strange to see only 20 mpg when the gas engine is used (even on flat roads). I would have expected much better in that case from such a small 4-cyl engine.

This is my first hybrid and it's a weird feeling when you start the car and don't hear anything but the radio. When I use the integrated bluetooth for handsfree calling, others say it sounds like I'm at home on a landline (better than talking into my S3 direct, might be because of the integrated noise cancellation - not very good when the sunroof is open). It took a master reset to get my phone to connect and receive texts through Sync (when a text arrives, an alert now dings and a message appears on the dashboard and nav screen asking if I would like to "listen". Text to speech works great!

I have boys that play baseball and have noticed that the charcoal leather interior gets scuffs and dirty much quicker than my previous beige leather interior. MFT is pretty cool, but the screen on the Nav system can be difficult to see on a sunny day (fingerprints are more visible than desired, but I keep a glasses cleaning cloth below). In addition, I'm surprised at the high pressure needed to engage the touchscreen (much harder than I've ever experienced, but probably to prevent inadvertent button presses, which have occurred on the instrument panel below (accidently enabled/disabled climate control a couple times).

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the vehicle. I've gone 450 miles and still going on one tank (although I'll need to fill soon - about 1/5 tank remains). Here are a couple pictures of my baby!...

post-49729-0-08272700-1367117796_thumb.jpg

post-49729-0-81264900-1367117798_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

How long is the delivery delay once the build date is known?

That depends on where you live in relation to the manufacturing plant. I live in southeastern PA. My car was built on April 1, loaded onto a railcar on April 2, and delivered to the deler on April 15.

So if any of you folks on here were in Harpers Ferry, WV on Saturday, you may have caught me staring and checking out your White Platinum Fusion Energi Ti. :) We are on our way home from Myrtle Beach on vacation and stopped there for fun. Made us excited for next week!!!!!

Hey Gang,

I've now had my car a little over a week and figured I'd give the crew here a status update and a thank you. I never received a call from my salesman during the waiting period, but fortunately had this forum to set my expectations correctly. In the end, I received two updates from Cyberdman and a handful from twitters @FordService. The car came in one day later than the original ETA.

Now that I've been driving my Fusion, I must say it was WELL worth the wait. Everywhere I go, I get stares and compliments on the car. The ride is smooth and the transitions from electric to gas are seamless (just like the reviews say). I love the electric silence and when you get used to that, the gas engine sounds noisy (but it is what can be expected of a 4-cyl). I'm now driving with a different style (for a hybrid) where the gas engine is used to climb small to large inclines and then pull the foot off the gas to let the electric engine take over and then very gradually apply pressure to the gas pedal to maintain the electric speed on flat roads (and get 60+ mpg's). I'm averaging 42 mpg's and it's strange to see only 20 mpg when the gas engine is used (even on flat roads). I would have expected much better in that case from such a small 4-cyl engine.

This is my first hybrid and it's a weird feeling when you start the car and don't hear anything but the radio. When I use the integrated bluetooth for handsfree calling, others say it sounds like I'm at home on a landline (better than talking into my S3 direct, might be because of the integrated noise cancellation - not very good when the sunroof is open). It took a master reset to get my phone to connect and receive texts through Sync (when a text arrives, an alert now dings and a message appears on the dashboard and nav screen asking if I would like to "listen". Text to speech works great!

I have boys that play baseball and have noticed that the charcoal leather interior gets scuffs and dirty much quicker than my previous beige leather interior. MFT is pretty cool, but the screen on the Nav system can be difficult to see on a sunny day (fingerprints are more visible than desired, but I keep a glasses cleaning cloth below). In addition, I'm surprised at the high pressure needed to engage the touchscreen (much harder than I've ever experienced, but probably to prevent inadvertent button presses, which have occurred on the instrument panel below (accidently enabled/disabled climate control a couple times).

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the vehicle. I've gone 450 miles and still going on one tank (although I'll need to fill soon - about 1/5 tank remains). Here are a couple pictures of my baby!...

Great review. Enjoy the ride.

So if any of you folks on here were in Harpers Ferry, WV on Saturday, you may have caught me staring and checking out your White Platinum Fusion Energi Ti. :) We are on our way home from Myrtle Beach on vacation and stopped there for fun. Made us excited for next week!!!!!

Did you happen to go to the Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown, WV directly across the river bridge?

So after a few days sitting in Vancouver, WA my rail car finally made it Less than 1 mile to Portland where I hope it's at the drop off point and the dealer will be able to go pick it up. I've been using the old end of the month motivation to get as many people at the dealership working on it as possible. Hope to get it tomorrow if possible. otherwise it may be next weekend as my wife will be in San Francisco for the week and I'll have kid duty.

This is the information I have on my new ride (ordered in March). Can't wait to find out more. I have been checking Etis daily!

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Ordered: March 16, 2013

VIN: 3FA6P0RU7DR308807

Scheduled Week: ??

Window Sticker Available: April 28, 2013

Scheduled Day: ??

Actual day: ??

Released from factory:

Railcar ID available:

Estimated Time of Arrival:

Railcar reached final destination:

Actual Time of Arrival:

Patience, you have a perfect name for ordering the HyTi! There is plenty of information to be had on this forum, you've definitely come to the right place!

You r build date should be approx 7 days after your sticker was generated, check ETIS a day or two after that and you'll have the actual date.

Once it's been built you can ask Cyberdman for an update on your car (be sure to read the rules carefully), you want to do this a couple/few days after it's been built. That way there has been enough time that it should be loaded on s rail car and he should be able to provide that rail car#. If not you'll have to get it from your dealer's vehicle visibility report.

Once you have that # you can track it every step of the way, search this forum and the Fusion Hybrid Forum for that tracking info, there are a number of different ways to do that.

Lastly, don't forget to ask Malibu to add you to his tracking sheet. It's another helpful resource to see how long it's taking for others.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

Did you happen to go to the Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown, WV directly across the river bridge?

We didn't. Good place? This trip, we were just looking for a little distraction from the drive. Spent about an hour there and we will go back again for a stay. It certainly is beautiful there!! The drive through some of the back roads on the ridge side of the rivers was a blast!

And FYI... 2081 miles on our trip and the 2011 FFH got 40.1 mpg for the whole ride, calculated. Awesome! Can't wait to top that with the new ride.

• Like 1

Well, my train car has arrived at the local CSX facility in Jessup, MD. It's only located about 10 miles from the dealership, so it looks like I may be able to beat the ETA of 5/7/13. So close and yet so far. :drool:

My car arrived at the CSX distribution center southwest of Philadelphia late on a Friday afternoon, was unloaded from the railcar very early on Saturday morning, and was delivered to the dealer before noon on Monday morning. I picked it up late Monday afternoon and paid for it Tuesday morning because the money man was off work on Monday.

They are very motivated to unload the railcar so they can turn it around for another trip.

I would expect to see it very soon.

• Like 1

So does anyone have an idea of how long before a build date the car would show on ETIS? I got about 3 weeks until my build week. I keep checking ETIS but no date there yet.

I am actually hoping that it get's bumped a little sooner than May 20th, but we shall see.

It will not show up on ETIS until one or two days after it is built.

It will not show up on ETIS until one or two days after it is built.

I think maybe the question was when does the VIN show up in Etis as a valid VIN and have that '30.11.0002' date? My guess on that would be at the time the VIN is created and sent 'to production', which may not be the same time as when the window sticker is available, but maybe so?

So after a few days sitting in Vancouver, WA my rail car finally made it Less than 1 mile to Portland where I hope it's at the drop off point and the dealer will be able to go pick it up. I've been using the old end of the month motivation to get as many people at the dealership working on it as possible. Hope to get it tomorrow if possible. otherwise it may be next weekend as my wife will be in San Francisco for the week and I'll have kid duty.

The railcar mine is on made it to Portland this morning, maybe both of us will have a new Hybrid Titanium this week :) :happy feet: :shift:

Ford gave me an ETA of May 3 - May 9 and Friday my Dealer gave me an ETA of May 15th. Hopefully my dealer is wrong and it doesn't take over two week to get when it's so close.

The railcar mine is on made it to Portland this morning, maybe both of us will have a new Hybrid Titanium this week :) :happy feet: :shift:

Ford gave me an ETA of May 3 - May 9 and Friday my Dealer gave me an ETA of May 15th. Hopefully my dealer is wrong and it doesn't take over two week to get when it's so close.

Well lets hope so! Mine actually took longer to get from Vancouver to the offload location than it did from AZ up to Vancouver.

Good news is that it's there now so hopefully it can catch a ride to my dealer now. :-)

Well, my train car has arrived at the local CSX facility in Jessup, MD. It's only located about 10 miles from the dealership, so it looks like I may be able to beat the ETA of 5/7/13. So close and yet so far. :drool:

My Ruby Baby is in Ayer, MA waiting for an autotransporter... credit to my dealer who actually called dispatch to see if he can get it loaded on a truck (although I think he's looking to close before the end of the month), He said it could be here as early as tonight... so, likely this week anyway. I'll post before and after pictures when its delivered and when the new wheels are put on... at my house immediately since I live almost exactly a mile from the dealership... and its hard not to keep looking out the window since my office is 300 yards from the dealership ;-) Fastronaut's car and mine left Mexico within hours of each other's with his going to Maryland and mine going to NH. It will be fun to see who's car gets to the dealer first.

• Like 1

My Ruby Baby is in Ayer, MA waiting for an autotransporter... credit to my dealer who actually called dispatch to see if he can get it loaded on a truck (although I think he's looking to close before the end of the month), He said it could be here as early as tonight... so, likely this week anyway. I'll post before and after pictures when its delivered and when the new wheels are put on... at my house immediately since I live almost exactly a mile from the dealership... and its hard not to keep looking out the window since my office is 300 yards from the dealership ;-) Fastronaut's car and mine left Mexico within hours of each other's with his going to Maryland and mine going to NH. It will be fun to see who's car gets to the dealer first.

I would be in big trouble if I lived / worked that close to the dealership! I wouldn't get any work done because I would be staring out the window, looking for the truck!

Can't wait to see some pics!!

I would be in big trouble if I lived / worked that close to the dealership! I wouldn't get any work done because I would be staring out the window, looking for the truck!

Can't wait to see some pics!!

I'm a local Realtor / Soccer Coach / and have kids in school in a town of about 15,000 people... need to keep my nose clean... and reputation in tact... that having been said, today marks 12 weeks of the 8-12 weeks estimated for delivery so tough to bitch too much....

I'm a local Realtor / Soccer Coach / and have kids in school in a town of about 15,000 people... need to keep my nose clean... and reputation in tact... that having been said, today marks 12 weeks of the 8-12 weeks estimated for delivery so tough to bitch too much....

... and besides... THE CAR IS HERE... covered with dust from Mexico and God only knows how many states... should take delivery tomorrow or Weds. AM. 12 weeks to the DAY.

• Like 2

My Ruby Red was unloaded from the rail car at 6 AM this morning. Ruby Royal and I will be celebrating this week. It's raining here, so I may wait till the sun shines :)
  • Like 1