Random Acts of Fusion - Winner Selling

wazzul

So I stumbled upon this Fusion on eBay and it turns out it's the guy who won the 47 hour Scavenger Hunt in TX to win a new Fusion!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Fusion-Titanium-FWD-EcoBoost-2013-FORD-FUSION-TITANIUM-FWD-EcoBoost-White-Platinum-Black-/200887911351?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ec5da43b7#ht_1507wt_708

How do I know it's the guy who won, well check out this link to the miniature cars they were giving to people who found the location (check out the description):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREENLIGHT-LIMITED-EDITION-2013-FORD-FUSION-NOT-SOLD-STORES-NEW-CASTING-/200886646550?pt=Action_Figures_Diecast_US&hash=item2ec5c6f716

It's no business of mine and frankly good for him for making a quick cash grab for $30k. It just makes me sad that there are so many people on here waiting and that guy who seemed so excited about the car from his video is bailing. I guess that's what happens when an Ebay power seller wins a prize...

What an a..hole! I won the hunt in Cleveland. Then they gave this guy the car and he doesn't want it:(.

Just because he is selling it doesn't make him an a..hole. You realize you do have to pay income tax on this, so maybe he doesn't have the $5-10k to pay the income tax on it. Take out a loan to pay the income tax or sell the car and make $20-25k? I think I'd sell too if I had other bills to pay.

Perhaps that's not the color or model or options that he wanted and he's selling this one to buy the one he wants.

The winners got to order the cars they wanted through their local Ford dealer. I'm pretty sure it was custom ordered, but like he said: he was out of work most of last year and used up all his savings.

Ok great, so he's been out of work and instead of searching for a job he's been out trying to win contests... I don't mean to be a jerk, but no wonder he's out of work.

neod192 is right, they get $30k at their local Ford dealer then get to pick and choose the car they want.

I'd bet that some of the other winners probably did the same type of thing maybe just not so publicly. His was obvious because he had the scavenger hunt prize too. On a side note, who here has purchased one of the Die Cast 2013 Fusions? I have one in my shopping cart on Amazon but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Only thing stopping me is that they don't offer a Ruby Red one.

Ok great, so he's been out of work and instead of searching for a job he's been out trying to win contests... I don't mean to be a jerk, but no wonder he's out of work.

So, someone can work a full time job and win a contest, but they can't look for work while winning a contest? Seriously? Sheesh! Kudos to him for being lucky enough to find an alternative way to support his family in the short term.

Seriously, we don't know the full story, so it's wrong to condemn him.

On a side note, who here has purchased one of the Die Cast 2013 Fusions? I have one in my shopping cart on Amazon but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Only thing stopping me is that they don't offer a Ruby Red one.

I have one on my desk at work. They are pretty neat. I wish they offered more colors as well. Mine is the ingot silver.

So, someone can work a full time job and win a contest, but they can't look for work while winning a contest? Seriously? Sheesh! Kudos to him for being lucky enough to find an alternative way to support his family in the short term.

Seriously, we don't know the full story, so it's wrong to condemn him.

I'm not trying to condemn him, I guess I sound kinda like I am. All I was trying to say is that it's a bummer that he won one of the cars we'd all kill for and now he's selling it on eBay...

If he does love the car, it really blows that he has to sell it. I sure hope it goes to a good home...

Edited by wazzul

I'm not trying to condemn him, I guess I sound kinda like I am. All I was trying to say is that it's a bummer that he won one of the cars we'd all kill for and now he's selling it on eBay...

If he does love the car, it really blows that he has to sell it. I sure hope it goes to a good home...

I'd rather keep my job and not win a car than lose my job and win a car. Just sayin... :)

Edited by fordmantpw
  • Like 1

Agreed, however....some of us have been waiting for a long time on a car that has been ordered,crashed ,reordered,held..ect. My point was I wanted the car and it was givin to someone who didn't really want it.

Agreed, however....some of us have been waiting for a long time on a car that has been ordered,crashed ,reordered,held..ect. My point was I wanted the car and it was givin to someone who didn't really want it.

He didn't want it? Dude, he doesn't have a job so he is selling it! Some people, wow!

Why don't you just buy it from him then?

He didn't want it? Dude, he doesn't have a job so he is selling it! Some people, wow!

Why don't you just buy it from him then?

You do know.. You can't believe everything you read on the Internet ,right? Unless of course you know him personally.

I don't need two:)

Edited by jarhead727

Yeah that would suck to finally get your Fusion you've been waiting who knows how long for, only to lose your job and not be able to pay for it... I couldn't imagine nor would I ever want to imagine how much that would suck!!

I personally would keep the model so I could remember the experience...

You do know.. You can't believe everything you read on the Internet ,right? Unless of course you know him personally.

I don't need two:)

No, I don't know, but I tend to take people at their word before I start jumping down their throat. I believe you until you give me a reason not to.

But, at any rate, it doesn't make a hill of beans difference to you or anyone else. It's his car, and he can do with it as he sees fit.

On a side note, who here has purchased one of the Die Cast 2013 Fusions? I have one in my shopping cart on Amazon but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Only thing stopping me is that they don't offer a Ruby Red one.

I got one of these for Christmas. My son gave it to me. Here's a picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91862534@N06/8343713032/in/photostream%C2%A0

One warning about the color: before I got this, I was planning to get a Fusion in Ice Storm. But after living with an Ingot Silver miniature, I am now thinking I want that color for my car instead...

I got one of these for Christmas. My son gave it to me. Here's a picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91862534@N06/8343713032/in/photostream%C2%A0

One warning about the color: before I got this, I was planning to get a Fusion in Ice Storm. But after living with an Ingot Silver miniature, I am now thinking I want that color for my car instead...

I may be prejudiced by I think Ingot Silver is excellent, looks nice when combined with the black interior................least I'm liking it.

I may be prejudiced by I think Ingot Silver is excellent, looks nice when combined with the black interior................least I'm liking it.

Have you posted pictures of your car? I'd like to see it.

I am definitely now leaning towards silver. I liked the Ice Storm color when I saw it at the SF auto show, but my wife made a good comment -- she said that this color will look dated in a few years -- "remember when people were getting blue-green cars?".

But silver is a timeless color, always in fashion.

The model cars are from Greenlight and they are on Amazon for $12 or so. They have 4 colors (silver, black, white, I forget the 4th, but not the blue) on the Fusion. I think the 2013 Escape of the same size has blue. Just search Amazon for Fusion and Greenlight. Some idiot on ebay has them for $99 (good luck).