Moonroof / Interior Lighting buttons

sarcastic6

I don't understand the moon-roof buttons vs touch-pad, unless they were using both for a while, because there are plenty of job 2 fusions that have the touch pad, such as the job 2 I posted earlier with "Y" wheels that was built in February. There are also energis with touch-pads the change must have been after job 2.

It kind of sucks but it's pretty normal for a 1st year roll out. Parts get changed until they work out the best reliability/production setup.

I laughed at the comments by the Ford person.......................so what you're telling me is the capacitive "buttons" aren't reliable? Thanks. Personally I find the capacitive interface on the console to be a PITA, can't use gloves (don't have the cell phone ones).

Personally I find the capacitive interface on the console to be a PITA, can't use gloves (don't have the cell phone ones).

I'm curious, what kind of gloves are you wearing? The gloves I've been wearing for the majority of the winter (a pair of leather ones or a pair of thin Under Armour liner gloves) don't cause any issues with console button interactions. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Edited by bluspikez

I'm curious, what kind of gloves are you wearing? The gloves I've been wearing for the majority of the winter (a pair of leather ones or a pair of thin Under Armour liner gloves) don't cause any issues with console button interactions. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Just regular leather gloves, hit say the climate "button" = nothing :shrug:

Likely just another one of those oddities.

Just regular leather gloves, hit say the climate "button" = nothing :shrug:

Likely just another one of those oddities.

Wearing plain leather gloves did not allow me to use the capactive buttons for the climate either. No issues with the touchscreen.

Weird...

If you don't have your gloves on and you hover over a "button" (get close with your finger, but don't actually touch it), will the "button" respond? In my car this can easily happen. Maybe it's a reason why it'll work through my leather gloves (higher sensitivity)?

The touch sensitive buttons are heat activated (like an iPhone) - not touch activated like the MFT screen. That is why wearing leather gloves allows you to change the MFT screen but not the touch sensitive buttons - also why when you hold your fingers close to the buttons it will act as if you pressed them.

The touch sensitive buttons are heat activated (like an iPhone) - not touch activated like the MFT screen. That is why wearing leather gloves allows you to change the MFT screen but not the touch sensitive buttons - also why when you hold your fingers close to the buttons it will act as if you pressed them.

They are not heat activated, they are activated by a change in capacitance. They sense the difference in capacitance between air & your skin (or those metal tipped gloves).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitive_sensing

The MFT is indeed "press" sensitive, or resistive as it's called. That's composed of two flexible sheets coated with a resistive material and separated by an air gap. When you press it registers = activated. No skin contact, simple pressure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistive_touchscreen

I just printed my window sticker anticipating it to be $100 less than the price on my order summary from my dealer back in December. I guess I'm not really worried about the $100, but the PDF posted by taylorjd says the price on the Hybrid Titanium went down by $100 when the aluminum pedals were deleted. When would I see the $100 taken off the price?

I just printed my window sticker anticipating it to be $100 less than the price on my order summary from my dealer back in December. I guess I'm not really worried about the $100, but the PDF posted by taylorjd says the price on the Hybrid Titanium went down by $100 when the aluminum pedals were deleted. When would I see the $100 taken off the price?

You ordered the Hybrid Titanium, right? My sticker shows a Base price of $32,100. Use Jeff's spreadsheet (see his signature) to look at other stickers, as they all show the lower price.

Now sure why yours doesn't reflect it. When was the sticker generated? What's your build date?

I think my build date is next week, but I still don't have enough posts to track it yet. Yes, it's a Hybrid Titanium. I assume the sticker was just generated since my build week is next week...yesterday was the first time I looked for it and it was available (shows the base price of $32,100). Which member is Jeff? I'd love to see the other stickers, I assume they say a base price of $32,000. Maybe that means I will get the gas/brake pedals I want!! :)

I think my build date is next week, but I still don't have enough posts to track it yet. Yes, it's a Hybrid Titanium. I assume the sticker was just generated since my build week is next week...yesterday was the first time I looked for it and it was available (shows the base price of $32,100). Which member is Jeff? I'd love to see the other stickers, I assume they say a base price of $32,000. Maybe that means I will get the gas/brake pedals I want!! :)

That's me, the spreadsheet is in my signature block. If I have enough info on you, I can add you too.

Hey Jeff, I have my VIN and I just saw my window sticker last night. Is there anything else you need from me?

Also, has anyone started a thread to see what people are actually paying for the car? I'd love to know what kind of deals people are getting out there. I heard if I order a brochure on Ford.com I will get an additional $750 coupon (plus the $500 rebate). Apparently the $1250 can be used with X-plan. $1,250 below x-plan is what I am going to shoot for...

VIN - 3FA6P0RU2DR282228

The base price was originally $32,200 and it dropped $100 to $31,100. Sorry to disappoint, but your car won't have the aluminum pedals either.

Hey Jeff, I have my VIN and I just saw my window sticker last night. Is there anything else you need from me?

Also, has anyone started a thread to see what people are actually paying for the car? I'd love to know what kind of deals people are getting out there. I heard if I order a brochure on Ford.com I will get an additional $750 coupon (plus the $500 rebate). Apparently the $1250 can be used with X-plan. $1,250 below x-plan is what I am going to shoot for...

VIN - 3FA6P0RU2DR282228

That's a good goal. The $750 coupon is a hit-or-miss. Some people have been able to get the price a few hundred lower than x-plan by negotiating on their own. Check out this thread: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5978-pricing-haggling-tips-and-tricks/

VIN - 3FA6P0RU2DR282228

I added you in. You'll note that I usually track when the person Ordered, Date the got the VIN, Date got the Sticker, Build Week, Build Date and so one. Many people have added the info to their signature block. PS: most of use are tracking and taking about tracking on this post: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52490-progress-on-orders-for-fusion-energi-and-hybrid-titanium

• 3 weeks later...
So for Fusion owners with the touch sensitive buttons: are you having any issues with them? do they work as expected?

When I played with some of the cars on my dealer's lot, I had to touch the button at least twice to get it to work. It seemed that if I touched it with the tip of my finger it didn't reach and had to increase the contact area.

No issues for us. Works perfectly every time. So glad we got our FFH before Ford got rid of the touch sensitive buttons

Weird...

If you don't have your gloves on and you hover over a "button" (get close with your finger, but don't actually touch it), will the "button" respond? In my car this can easily happen. Maybe it's a reason why it'll work through my leather gloves (higher sensitivity)?

Yes this happens. It is quite cool

If Ford took that feature away and said it wasn't "up to snuff yet" and isn't "robust enough" That means the technology used in the earlier generation 2013 fusions isn't adequate enough for Ford to make mainstream in hundreds of thousands of these cars. Who knows what they found...maybe the connections and tech behind it arent made to last as long as they would like and you'll have problems 3-7 years down the road...maybe its just too expensive to make or fix making it more expensive for you to fix out of warranty versus traditional buttons..who knows really why they said its not good enough right now...all we know for sure is that people with non-touch sensitive buttons have the "system that works as advertised" and people with the already ditched touch buttons are "happy while it works".

Edited by Powered By Fusion