2014MY Fusion

ice-capades

Initial information for the 2014MY Fusion is that Job #1 at the Mexico plant is 07/15/2013 with Job #1 at Flat Rock set for 08/26/2013. Before anyone asks, there is no information available yet for the 2014MY and the 2014 Fusion Order Guide will not be available for several months yet! I'll post additional information as it becomes available.

Here's the latest 2014 Fusion information available...

04/15/2013 2014MY Order Bank Open Date

05/16/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Hermosillo Plant

07/17/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Flat Rock

07/15/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date - Hermosillo Plant

08/26/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date - Flat Rock Plant

There is no additional information available at this time regarding any changes for the 2014MY Fusion or about the vehicle production at Flat Rock.

Part of me is thinking about ordering a '14 in May or June to get a '14 from hermosillo before they start flat rock. I just don't know if there will be some pains in the first cars from flat rock since they haven't produced the car yet where Hermosillo will have the growing pains in the rear view mirror. Thoughts?

I'm still waiting on my VIN and build date too for my HyTi. I would be curious to know any MY changes to be implemented to help make the decision about whether or not to wait for MY14. For example, if they've listened to the people and put the dual integrated exhaust on the HyTi with one port being cosmetic, then that is a feature I might be willing to wait for.

• Like 2

And at when will Ford convert 2013 into 2014 orders. I'm only 7 weeks into my Energi Ti order, so May delivery is entirely possible at this point.

Ford does NOT convert retail orders to the following model year if they're not scheduled and built in the MY ordered. Dealers must submit new retail orders when this happens.

I would be curious to know any MY changes to be implemented to help make the decision about whether or not to wait for MY14. For example, if they've listened to the people and put the dual integrated exhaust on the HyTi with one port being cosmetic, then that is a feature I might be willing to wait for.

Dual exhaust, Dune leather, and a choice of wheels on the Energi Ti would be great additions for the 2014MY. I'm holding back on my order until I can compare MYs. Oh yeah, LED DRLs would be icing...

Guest RRF985
How about allowing the iPhone5 (Verizon) to work perfectly with Sync/MFT in all aspects.

What doesn't work? My iPhone 5 works great.

Mine does, too.

Except.... I have not figured a way for MFT to read texts to me off of the iPhone 5. There is a "not supported" message.

(Edit: Thanks to the above poster in another thread and some digging in the Sync Owner site, I found a procedure that should work, but this is straying far off topic for this thread.)

Edited by kpeex

Mine does, too.

Except.... I have not figured a way for MFT to read texts to me off of the iPhone 5. There is a "not supported" message.

(Edit: Thanks to the above poster in another thread and some digging in the Sync Owner site, I found a procedure that should work, but this is straying far off topic for this thread.)

That's it, and also evidently there is an issue with phone tethering only on Verizon (Per Ford).