Just ordered a new Fusion

gazingwa

I tried out the only manual Fusion in my area but the dealer was terrible and wouldn't budge because their car was "rare". I ordered one in my color with navigation for less than they wanted plus I got $2,600 more on my trade. I've driven around a Chrysler 300 for 2.5 years now, when I bought it I had forgotten how boring an automatic is... I have never factory ordered a car so this will be a new experience for me. The dealer gave me gaurenteed trade as long as I don't put on 4,500 miles between now and the delivery date. They claim 6-8 weeks, I'm hoping they are right or the old truck will be getting quite a bit more use.

• 2 weeks later...
ETIS doesn't work without a VIN.... Anyways, in talking to them, looks like they botched the order and put in for an automatic.... Manual was the whole reason I was ordering, we will see tomorrow.

When the order is placed - the dealer will get a print out - it's called a DORA. I don't know the details, but several threads here on it about it. It will have the specs of your car - you should review it to make sure it is exactly what you want. Our dealer actually made us sign ours so we all agreed it was correct. That kind of protects you and them. Make them show you the DORA. That will also have 2 pieces of information that will help you start tracking your car - the Dealer number and the Order number. There are fine friendly Ford employees on this site that will help out once you have enough posts and you follow their rules.

I have the order confirmation, my order number had changed(don't know why and really don't care) they were able to fix it and I still have an April 1st(hope that isn't telling of my future with the car) build date so I'm okay with it. They are just lucky I called and checked.

The ETA om my Hybrid is now 4/2. It will be 26 weeks since ordered and 21 weeks since built. 10 weeks isn't so bad. Hopefully you get it soon.

I hope the regular gas models arrive faster than my hybrid I have ordered. I'm waiting 10 weeks now and am still not sure when delivery will be. Let us know how you make out.

I hope you get your car soon. I know that 10 weeks is not that long it is just that no one provides info an what is going on. If I would have been told the car would not be a the dealer for 10 - 15 weeks I might have gone a different direction. Disappointing!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with ETIS - I googled ETIS Ford and found a site where I could put in the VIN of my vehicle. The vehicle I ordered is a 2013 Fusion Titanium, which I found the correct window sticker from fordlabels.webview.biz but ETIS thinks the VIN I have is for a Transit Connect!!

All depends on your situation. I ordered my car back in early January, and I still don't have it. Suppose to be here any day now, but who knows. It is exciting, though!

What kind of vehicle did you order? I ordered a 2013 Fusion Titanium and was told 8-10 weeks. Have you seen this website: http://www.researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

I put my VIN into that website and couldn't really determine much information from it.... but it was nice to see that after a few days of checking with no results, a window sticker was found right around the date that my dealer said would be the build date.

Well, my ETA is 5/3, I don't understand why it will take a month for it to get to Maryland. Worst part is my $750 coupon is good until 5/2.... we will see how this plays out.

I had the same situation with a extra $500 or $700 coupon which I was able to use with a host of other "pre-order" incentives on my 2011 Ford Fiesta. I used the X Plan and was able to use the additional discounts too. My Vehicle was ETA the approximate day the additional Discount Coupon was to expire. I believe it was a "Monday". The Vehicle arrived a a few days later (but) the Salesman had Invoice and Delivery date written for that "Monday" and I actually drove it home a few days later. My Warranty showed the Monday delivery date so I lost a few extra days of Warranty coverage. No big deal.