2014 Impala - First Drive

92LX302

If you refer to the box straps for the gas tank, yeah. I do like the interior, yet, of course the Taurus wins for me because I had a current generation model for a bit. I do think this is a reasonably good effort from GM.

Good attempt for a GM product. Personally from a stylistic point of view, it's a drastic improvement compared to the outgoing model. Can't say I'd want one in my driveway, still much prefer the design of the Taurus. But can't say I'd be embarrassed to be seen in one. As for the interior, it too looks drastically improved. Items on the interior that must go though are that dang ugly steering wheel (who the hell okay'd that design) and the dashboard top hat thingy (whatever it's called), that wraps from the doors over the center stack. Otherwise, the front legroom does appear a little cramped with that thick center console and doors, similar to that of the Taurus.

• Like 1

I was referring to the 80's style exhaust tips haha! Guess I'm too used to see nearly every car with some sort of fancy cut-out in the bumper for them.

Hey, don't talk about that Stang like that! Appears that is a custom exhaust setup, and it appear the pipes may have some tips on them unlike the Impala.

Edited by V8-X

Hey, don't talk about that Stang like that! Appears that is a custom exhaust setup, and it appear the pipes may have some tips on them unlike the Impala.

Look at my Username, I'm more of a... Straight polished tips guy :)

Yeah that set-up is probably Flowmaster's 3'' cat-back. They route the tails under the tank allowing clearance for wider tires. VRS makes a similar set-up but in full stainless, allowing to polish them to get a 03/04 Cobra look! I'll have a set this summer I swear!!

The grille insert for the radar-cruise equipped models is goofy, at best.

134298_10152646053645603_1718886093_o.jp

It's like a bowtie wearing a bowtie.

Looks like they stole a grille from a Bat-something.