2014 Fusion & Fusion Energi Order Guides

ice-capades

The 2013MY Fusion is now officially balanced out. Per yesterday's Commodity and Constraints Letter, 2014MY Fusion orders will start scheduling on Thursday, June 6th. Until the "OK to Buy" status is achieved, retail orders will not be selected for scheduling.

• Like 2

Do you have any confirmation on whether all 2014 gas production is moving to FR or will Hermosillo start gas model production in July?

Production is not moving to Flat Rock. Flat Rock will be providing additional production capacity for all models, with hybrid production to start at a later date.

• 2 weeks later...

will the available push button start on the 2014 SE only be available with the 1.5t? I'm very interested in ordering a Fusion SE 1.6t 6mt but one REQUIREMENT is push button start, its one of the reasons I waited for the 2014 models. A few secondary websites (cars.com and kbb) have build out orders and configurators up for the 2014 Fusion, each time I click on Intelligent Access I'm automatically prompted to the 1.5t. Ugh, why are manual transmission drivers always given the boot. It is frustrating as hell. I'm thankful that Ford still gives me the option of a manual transmission but if I'm gonna be forced to wait 6-8 weeks to order the car the way I want, they may as well let me order it with push button start as well. This is a feature that is already standard on most competitor trim levels against the Fusion SE (Accord EX, Sonata SE, available on the Camry SE, standard on the Optima EX, etc.) it should just be standard on the SE and up anyway!

Edited by Rlaltiowner05

will the available push button start on the 2014 SE only be available with the 1.5t? I'm very interested in ordering a Fusion SE 1.6t 6mt but one REQUIREMENT is push button start, its one of the reasons I waited for the 2014 models. A few secondary websites (cars.com and kbb) have build out orders and configurators up for the 2014 Fusion, each time I click on Intelligent Access I'm automatically prompted to the 1.5t. Ugh, why are manual transmission drivers always given the boot. It is frustrating as hell. I'm thankful that Ford still gives me the option of a manual transmission but if I'm gonna be forced to wait 6-8 weeks to order the car the way I want, they may as well let me order it with push button start as well. This is a feature that is already standard on most competitor trim levels against the Fusion SE (Accord EX, Sonata SE, available on the Camry SE, standard on the Optima EX, etc.) it should just be standard on the SE and up anyway!

Is it standard on those cars when they have a manual transmission? I've never paid attention to that, so that's why I ask.

I have driven many cars with the push button, it is nice but I wouldn't give up the Fusion's manual transmission for it. In fact, it's a feature I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred for as a key isn't that much of an inconvenience.

Is it standard on those cars when they have a manual transmission? I've never paid attention to that, so that's why I ask.

The Accord EX comes with a manual transmission and push button start...the previous generation Altima did for a few years too. No Camry or Sonata can be had with a manual anymore. Focus Titanium with a stick has the push button start too.

I have driven many cars with the push button, it is nice but I wouldn't give up the Fusion's manual transmission for it. In fact, it's a feature I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred for as a key isn't that much of an inconvenience.

For me, the choices are down to Fusion, Focus Titanium and Accord EXLV6 coupe...Fusion is my favorite...I'e driven a car with the same options as yours minus navigation and I ALMOST bought it until I saw the order guide for the 2014 model years. Do you have links to pics of your Fusion? I really like the push button start feature and I want it in my next car. I may just save a little money and get the smaller Focus Titanium...I'd get the Sony audio system with it too. The Fusion 1.6t 6spd is a HOOT to drive though...more fun that even the Accord IMO. They need to add the 1.6t to the Focus Titanium STAT

Edited by Rlaltiowner05

• 2 weeks later...
The 2013MY Fusion is now officially balanced out. Per yesterday's Commodity and Constraints Letter, 2014MY Fusion orders will start scheduling on Thursday, June 6th. Until the "OK to Buy" status is achieved, retail orders will not be selected for scheduling.

Any updates in the FDNB on the 2014MY Fusions? Have the order guides been updated since April and added/subtracted anything?

Noticed a new mention of LED headlamps in the 2014 FFH Overview page on the media pages which wasn't in the same paragraph of the 2013's. Have these now been added?

"Technical graphics: Fusion’s functional design elements such as LED headlamps, LED taillamps and polished exhaust tips communicate enhanced technological capability"

http://media.ford.com/press_kits_detail.cfm?presskit_id=2199&item_id=5866&press_section_id=2870

Guest RRF985
Any updates in the FDNB on the 2014MY Fusions? Have the order guides been updated since April and added/subtracted anything?

Noticed a new mention of LED headlamps in the 2014 FFH Overview page on the media pages which wasn't in the same paragraph of the 2013's. Have these now been added?

"Technical graphics: Fusions functional design elements such as LED headlamps, LED taillamps and polished exhaust tips communicate enhanced technological capability"

http://media.ford.com/press_kits_detail.cfm?presskit_id=2199&item_id=5866&press_section_id=2870]http://media.ford.com/press_kits_detail.cfm?presskit_id=2199&item_id=5866&press_section_id=2870[/url]

If the 2014 ends up coming with LED headlamps I will buy them no matter the cost. I just hope that they would hook up easily to the 2013.

Edited by RRF985
  • Like 1

Brick only comes with monochromatic exterior colors, not even red. Ford has a habit of offering bold interiors only with "safe" exterior choices, probably to limit the likelihood of an oddball color combination sitting on a dealership lot for months.

• Like 1

Interesting you can't get the brick interior with Deep Impact Blue.

Years ago Ford dealers could enter a code for an "off standard" color combination and some dealers got a little too creative with it and you could actually order a blue car with a red interior!

Guest RRF985
Years ago Ford dealers could enter a code for an "off standard" color combination and some dealers got a little too creative with it and you could actually order a blue car with a red interior!

Wow that would certainly be interesting.

2014 FUSION SE HYBRID SERIES

EQUIPMENT GROUP

In the Luxury Package items

LED Rear Combination Lamps Ford High (Full Circle)

This is very 1st literature I have seen from Ford mentioning the full circle LED tail lamps.

I am curious why this LED Rear Combination Lamps Ford High (Full Circle) is not mentioned in the Titanium Series standard equipment items?

Now that the high series (full circle) LED tail lamps are mentioned exclusively in the SE Hybrid Luxury package, and not in any Titanium series, does it mean that the Titanium series

no longer has the high series (full circle) LED tail lamps?

Edited by MKII