2014 Fusion & Fusion Energi Order Guides

ice-capades

I went to see mine the day after it came off the truck and had not been prepped yet, there was a clear plastic cover (like thick saran wrap) on the wheels -- however that car this morning looked like it had a one-piece plastic insert (like a frisbee) that protects but quickly pops off and can be reused.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If IIHS adopts the new requirements that are currently out to manufactures for comment for new Top Safety pick requirements I'm sure they will show up. Adaptive headlamps might be a required to achieve that status. (Comments are for them along with Collision Warning/ Mitigation, DRL's, Blind spot Monitor, Lane warning, Tri-Color Taillights, and Rear View Camera) Being the Mondeo has adaptive Headlamps with the LED's if it becomes required (optional or standard) or if enough people request them they will show up. Accord/Altima/6/Malibu/Optima all currently offer HID/LED headlights. As we have seen with the Heated Wheel cooled seats Ford does listen to consumer and market requests. (I'm still amazed how much this has changed in 5 years)

Why can't we just order the Mondeo headlight assemblies and install them on our Fusions? They look to be the same shape and dimensions. Or does the new Mondeo not go into production until 2015? And did you see how the turn signals work on them? A row of amber LEDs sequencing from the front center towards the outside rear of the bezel, way kewl! By the way, was is adaptive about the headlamps? Their intensity based on oncoming traffic like high/low beams currently do?

When are we going to be able to put in an order for a 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium with the heated/cooled seats and a heated steering wheel? My dealership hasn't been any help, the salesman was claiming that the Fusion isn't going to have either of those and I should just order right now (uh huh, sure).

When are we going to be able to put in an order for a 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium with the heated/cooled seats and a heated steering wheel? My dealership hasn't been any help, the salesman was claiming that the Fusion isn't going to have either of those and I should just order right now (uh huh, sure).

I'm wondering the same thing. Ford has early lease turn-in specials that run through the end of the year, so I'm considering ordering now if it might come in during December. Do you have an updated schedule ice-capades?

I go crazy when Dealers either don't know or give customers false information in order to get an order today instead of next week or next month. The whole process is supposed to be about customer satisfaction which is a good part of why I've spent so much time here over the years trying to give straight answers to BON Forum members' questions, etc.

Below is a copy of the latest information on the 2014 Fusion commodity issues, copied directly from this week's Commodity and Constraints Letter for vehicle scheduling tomorrow morning. You'll see that issue of availability of the Front Heated and Cooled Seats (Option #46B) is specifically addressed.

FUSION – Commodities will vary by dealer

On October 10 Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 41

Good news! Fusion orders with the 19” Spoke Machined Aluminum Wheel w/Painted Pockets (643

optional on Titanium gas orders) are now eligible to schedule for dealers with October allocation.

The Front Heated and Cooled Front Seats (46B) and Medium Soft Ceramic on Titanium are both late

availability. They will begin scheduling in mid-October (November Production).

I don't recall seeing anything specific from Ford regarding the Heated Steering Wheel (52A) option but would expect that it would become available at the same time as the heated and cooled front seats (46B) or shortly afterwards.

If the dealership you're dealing with isn't helping or giving you accurate information I'd be taking my business elsewhere. Any Ford Dealer can place your factory order, with your exact specifications. Initially the order will show a "Material Hold" status because of the features you want not yet being available but your order will be in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and available for scheduling as soon as the options you require become available for scheduling. In addition, Ford looks to schedule older orders first and often makes exceptions to schedule retail customer orders first when an option is available in limited quantities.

I hope that this information helps answer your questions. Should you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact me directly and I'll do everything that I can to assist you!

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 2

ice-capades,

Have you received any samples or photos of what the Medium Soft Ceramic interior will look like? The name is pretty vague so I'm not sure where it falls in the color spectrum compared to other light colors such as Light Dune and Medium Light Stone.

ice-capades,

Have you received any samples or photos of what the Medium Soft Ceramic interior will look like? The name is pretty vague so I'm not sure where it falls in the color spectrum compared to other light colors such as Light Dune and Medium Light Stone.

I've not yet seen any samples or photos of the new Ceramic interior but will check a few sources when I'm back in the office tomorrow morning.

ice-capades,

I checked the 2014 Color & Upholstery Book at the office but we haven't yet received the updates with the new Medium Soft Ceramic Leather trim photos or actual leather samples. In addition, Ford is running late on shipping orders for the 2014 Fusion Brochures/Catalogs. I have brochures/catalogs on order that have been printed but lately it seems to be taking several weeks for Ford to ship them after they're printed. Hopefully they'll ship soon and will include a photo of the new interior trim. I'll try to post an update after the brochures arrive.

I checked the 2014 Color & Upholstery Book at the office but we haven't yet received the updates with the new Medium Soft Ceramic Leather trim photos or actual leather samples. In addition, Ford is running late on shipping orders for the 2014 Fusion Brochures/Catalogs. I have brochures/catalogs on order that have been printed but lately it seems to be taking several weeks for Ford to ship them after they're printed. Hopefully they'll ship soon and will include a photo of the new interior trim. I'll try to post an update after the brochures arrive.

Still no samples? I'm going to order my Fusion today and I didn't want it with the black interior... guess I better hope I like the medium soft ceramic!

hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and thought I would join since I plan on getting a new Fusion as soon as the late availability options are out.

anyways, I thought I would share some information I got regarding the late availability options after speaking with one of my local Ford dealers. Below is their response on the late availability options (cooled seats) and the 19" H-spoke wheels:

It looks like it will be January before we have heated/cooled seats. 19" wheels are also delayed but should be available by then.
The fastest way to get one would be to special order. Special orders go in before stock orders.

hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and thought I would join since I plan on getting a new Fusion as soon as the late availability options are out.

anyways, I thought I would share some information I got regarding the late availability options after speaking with one of my local Ford dealers. Below is their response on the late availability options (cooled seats) and the 19" H-spoke wheels:

It looks like it will be January before we have heated/cooled seats. 19" wheels are also delayed but should be available by then.
The fastest way to get one would be to special order. Special orders go in before stock orders.

RP2388, You may want to go back to your dealer and ask the salesperson to check the Ford Commodities Letter for orders scheduling this past Thursday, October 17th. The heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and medium soft ceramic interiors are now being scheduled for production. I placed my order for an Energi equipped with them on Friday.

Edited by Lucifer

I placed my order for a HyTi with the heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel and soft ceramic interior on the 21 of Oct. Be suprised if I see it befor the new year if this years Job 2 role out is anything like last years Job 2. Looking foward to seeing people get their VIN's for the late availability option Fusions

Edited by Toz

When I placed my order 9574 with dealer 56A301 on Saturday, Oct.19, I specifically asked if they would give it a priority code 10. Today I received the DORA and noted that it was assigned a priority code 19. Am I correct that the dealer is the entity that assigns priority codes? Can a dealer change a priority code after the order is placed (as in tomorrow)? I sent an E-mail to the new car manager at dealer 56A301 tonight and asked him to re-assign a priority code 10 tomorrow so it has a better chance of being scheduled on Thursday. Is there anything else I can do? Try to contact a regional manager?

You've already got your DORA? I think my salesman is slow. I emailed him Monday because I realized I forgot to ask that my HyTi not have a spoiler on it (I hate spoilers, and you can request that it not have it)... and then again yesterday, when he didn't respond. Still nothing. If he doesn't respond today I suppose I'll have to call.

ice-capades,

The 2014 Fusion brochures have finally been shipped and will arrive later today. I'll check to see the photos of the new interior trim.

• Like 1

When I placed my order 9574 with dealer 56A301 on Saturday, Oct.19, I specifically asked if they would give it a priority code 10. Today I received the DORA and noted that it was assigned a priority code 19. Am I correct that the dealer is the entity that assigns priority codes? Can a dealer change a priority code after the order is placed (as in tomorrow)? I sent an E-mail to the new car manager at dealer 56A301 tonight and asked him to re-assign a priority code 10 tomorrow so it has a better chance of being scheduled on Thursday. Is there anything else I can do? Try to contact a regional manager?

For retail orders, dealers must use priority codes 10-19, but the priority code can be changed at any time prior to the vehicle being scheduled. Codes 1-9 are reserved for Ford Motor Company use only.

yes a priority code can be changed. On my last order my priority got bumped up by the regional manager by the request of my dealer(after 7 weeks without a VIN). Got my VIN the next week.

The Zone Manager probably had the Regional Field Scheduler reassign the priority to "01" which forces the system to schedule the unit.

• Like 1

You've already got your DORA? I think my salesman is slow. I emailed him Monday because I realized I forgot to ask that my HyTi not have a spoiler on it (I hate spoilers, and you can request that it not have it)... and then again yesterday, when he didn't respond. Still nothing. If he doesn't respond today I suppose I'll have to call.

The decklid spoiler can be deleted by your Dealer by adding code 13A (Titanium Spoiler Delete) to the order.

For retail orders, dealers must use priority codes 10-19, but the priority code can be changed at any time prior to the vehicle being scheduled. Codes 1-9 are reserved for Ford Motor Company use only.

Just to clarify the terminology - a retail order is one that is already sold to a customer as opposed to a dealer stock order which gets priority 20-99. This usually insures that retail (sold) orders are built first.

• Like 1

The Zone Manager probably had the Regional Field Scheduler reassign the priority to "01" which forces the system to schedule the unit.

yes you are probably correct. I was never sure of the path the priority upgrade took. All I know is that I asked my Dealer if he could do anything to help get my car scheduled and he said that he had to go higher up the food chain to get it done. I went from a "10" to a "2" Just wish it hadn't taken 8 weeks to finaly get my VIN. Not that it matters much this time around, but I am sitting at a "10" again. I think that will be fine. Trying to much more "Zen" this time around. Really just hoping to get the car before Feb.

Edited by Toz

I called and spoke with the new car manager (with whom I had placed the order) about the priority code. He though a he had to get a regional manager to approve a higer code. I told him the dealership could assign 10-19 for retail orders so he did not need regional approval. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Ford Motor Company is finally launching an all-new Web Based Dealer Ordering (WBDO) system that will be replacing the CONCEPS system for all stock and retail orders. WBDO has been in development for 4.5 years and is now being launched on a market area basis with all market areas to be switched to the new system by 11/11/2013. Dealers in the East Market Area are able to utilize the new WBDO system starting this week. Rather than having to know all the order codes or refer to the vehicle order guides for the necessary codes, the new WBDO system utilizes plain language descriptions via drop down menus, etc. The new process automatically prevents the user from trying to order a vehicle with packages or options that are not compatible, etc. The new WBDO system works similar to the Vehicle Locator program that was completely overhauled earlier this year.

So now you're probably wondering what the big deal is about a new vehicle ordering system. There's been some discussion here on the Fusion BON message boards about the additional production capacity at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant with some members specifically desiring that their 2014 Fusions be produced at Flat Rock. It may change in the future but for the 2014 Model Year, only certain Fusion configurations and options are available for production at Flat Rock.

Note:

Only 2 Fusion configurations are being built at FRAP. They are the S Series (P0G) & the FWD SE (P0H)

with a 1.5L or 2.5L Engine.

Paint Not Buildable at FRAP:

• BT - Dark Side Metallic

• D7 - Sunset

Options Not Buildable at FRAP:

• 18C – Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

• 47B – Start-Stop

• 52A – Heated Steering Wheel

• 53B – Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support

• 62A – Intelligent Access w/Push Button Start

• 64B – 18” Premium Painted Luxury Wheel

• 67B – Rear Inflatable Seat Belts

• 90A – SE Luxury Driver Assist Package

• 96B – Trunk Cargo Net

Ford Dealers have NEVER been able to specify where an ordered vehicle was to be built when there were multiple plants building a model. It now seems that with the new WBDO order process that Dealers can specifically request production at the Flat Rock plant for orders meeting the plant's production and option commodity requirements. I'm attaching 2 photo files showing this via a 2014 Fusion SE stock order that I placed yesterday afternoon using the new WBDO vehicle ordering system.

I hope that this information is helpful for those BON Forum members that have expressed specific information on the Flat Rock plant's Fusion production.

• Like 3