Trip to the dealer tomorrow with laundry list of issues

howie411

Hmm that sounds like a bad one, but how is someone going to get them to fix that prior to it happens. If you run into this issue, now you got a dead battery too.

Yes, apparently someone parked their Escape at the airport and went out of town for over 2 weeks. When they came back it was dead. Maybe tell the dealer you went out of town and had to jump your car? Or tell them you are going out of town for over 2 weeks.....

Edited by Escapism

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but Canadians spell pedal eg- brake pedal.

And peddle means to sell something .

Flavour you got right, but I think aboot is about with a Scottish accent, and I suppose some east coast lads in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland accents the word about sounds like aboot.

Ya, just being funny. I hear 'aboot' for 'about' from people in very North central US and central Canada.

I think Quebec has a whole different accent. Does NS and Nf have their own or 'typical' Canadian or are they distinct?

This happens to me too. You actually do not have to go outside to address this. Just simply hit the liftgate open/close button on your dash. The first press will swing the liftgate open. Then, just simply hit it a second time (no need to wait for the gate to fully open) and it will close and latch and you're on your way!

"Issues" not being addressed

The liftgate won’t latch if interrupted by turning the engine over. I have to get out of the vehicle and press the button on the liftgate itself to close it. (It only does it if you press the start button in the middle of its latching sequence, easy enough to avoid once I figured out when it has a problem)

This happens to me too. You actually do not have to go outside to address this. Just simply hit the liftgate open/close button on your dash. The first press will swing the liftgate open. Then, just simply hit it a second time (no need to wait for the gate to fully open) and it will close and latch and you're on your way!

I've tried that. If I hit the button inside to open it back up and close it again, it will only do the first stage of latching (I think of it as two stages due to the two different noises, which I'm assuming the first is the pulling it into the striker, and the second is locking it in place). It won't lock it. I have found out that if I let it open all the way, I can then close it from the inside.

I've tried that. If I hit the button inside to open it back up and close it again, it will only do the first stage of latching (I think of it as two stages due to the two different noises, which I'm assuming the first is the pulling it into the striker, and the second is locking it in place). It won't lock it. I have found out that if I let it open all the way, I can then close it from the inside.

I have to let the gate open up about half way before I hit the button again to close it. Similar to what blockisle9 denotes below:

My closes and latches. I just push the button on the dash and let it open up a bit then hit the button again, closes and latches. No need to get out of the car.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went back over to the dealership today so they could look at the trunk liner again. They said multiple times its normal, but to make me happy they would swap it with a new one. So they pull a brand new escape around and open the trunk. The liner in it is actually worse then mine. Obviously I didn't take it. Not sure who at Ford needs to be made aware of the crappy carpet used on this. Maybe I'll send an email to corporate.

With these TSBs, should a factory delivery have all of the TSBs taken care of before I take delivery?

Most of the TSBs I have seen mention the effected vehicles by build date. So the answer is yes, but it depends. Buy one that was built last month and you would think it would have all the updates.

Example:

TSB

13-4-25

FRONT BRAKE SQUEAL AFTER THE BRAKES WARM UP - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/20/2013

Edited by Ticmxman

With these TSBs, should a factory delivery have all of the TSBs taken care of before I take delivery?

That is a great question. I'm sure any recalls would be taken care of, as well software updates. But as far as the little annoyances that make up many of the TSB's, you got me.

No, TSB's are not completed unless a customer comes in with an issue that is covered by the TSB. Recalls on the other hand are required to be completed before it is sold.

I just looked at a list of about 12 or so TSBs for the Escape all but one or two had a note detailing the effected vehicles by build date, my bet is they make changes on the assembly line and that is where the effected vehicle date on the TSBs comes from. But there are exceptions as noted by svtenthusiast.