2013 fusion paint and other problems

desertfusion

What's the forum's consensus on dealer paint protection? I should be picking up my Fusion Engeri in a few weeks and haven't decided on opting in for the paint protection package I assume will be offered. I got a clearcoat/paint protection package for my wife's Lexus and have been very pleased (after two years) with the results.

I assume each dealership has its own local program and performance may vary across the country, but I'd like to hear some thoughts and experience with the Ford products. I've already decided I don't want the clear bra option. I just don't like the way it looks, but OTOH, it is effective at stopping those annoying chips.

Any advice appreciated.

It's almost always a ripoff. Take it to a local detailer and let them apply a sealer and/or wax. It will be much better and cost a lot less.

This.

Even better, purchase your own sealant (and high quality wax) and do it yourself.

It's almost always a ripoff. Take it to a local detailer and let them apply a sealer and/or wax. It will be much better and cost a lot less.

To give you an idea my detailer quoted me 150 to use his sealer (includes a wash and clay prior to application). Doubt the dealer properly preps the surface prior to applying..well...anything.

On another note I have never gotten one of those survey requests from Ford on my visits to this dealer and I heard through the grapevine that some dealers can have those survey requests sent to employees houses where the employees fill them out. Anyone heard of this? This also isn't my first trip to this dealers service department I have an F-250 that has been in a couple of times and I have never gotten a customer survey from Ford. I know they send these out I have seen it at my brothers house and when I owned a Mazda they sent one out everytime I went to the dealer. Thanks.

These surveys are sent directly from Ford Motor Company at random. The dealership has absolutely no control over you getting one or not (aside from fradulent acts such as falsifying your address).

The scoring system is completely ridiculous. Only two of the questions on the survey "really" count, they are "Overall Service (or Sales depending on survey type) Satisfaction" and "Would you Recommend Dealer" These two questions make up your sales -or- service department's Customer Viewpoint Score or VOC Voice of Customer Score. There are 5 choices for each question on the survey and 4 of them equal a failing grade of 50% or less. If you mark that you are genuinely dissatisified, it gives a NEGATIVE SCORE! Responding that you are "Very Satisfied" gives your salesperson (or service advisor) a big fat "F" very possibly with a significant penalty to their pay...

What do they get out of all 10's or not get if they dont get all 10s?

I work in a Ford dealership service department. Customer service is very challenging. Nobody is ever happy when something is wrong with their car, but I need everyone to be "Completely Satisified"! it is impossible. If I don't keep my VOC score above 80% I lose $120 PER WEEK of my paycheck. Again, if you respond that you were "Very Satisified", it gives me a failing grade. So even if I do a great job, I get penalized. This is why your salesperson and service people beg for the survey. We don't like doing it, but we have no other way of letting you know how the scoring system works.

I don't know the specifics on dealer motivation for excellent survey results, but I do think they get some sort of incentive from Ford for excellent results. An award maybe or something. I don't think it is monetary.

It depends on your individual dealership's pay plan for each department (sales or service).

Begging for a good score on a customer service survey is pathetic and defeats the purpose of the survey. Just give good service and everything else will work out right.

Yes, it is pathetic and embarassing, however it is an unfortunate byproduct of Ford's absurd scoring system, not the poor sap at your local dealership's character fault. He's just trying to feed his family. Again, even if you are VERY SATISFIED with your sales or service experience, he gets penalized! THIS is why he has to stoop to begging you for an excellent survey. Simply providing "good service" frequently DOES NOT make it "work out right".

I had a customer fill out a SERVICE survey last month in which he stated that the rearward visibility of his new Taurus was poor and therefore the vehicle was inferior to his previous Taurus.

WTF does this have to do with his SERVICE experience? How could I have changed his mind by "just giving good service" on this particular issue?

Unfortunately, most customers don't even know what department or dealership visit that they are answering questions about.

These surveys are sent directly from Ford Motor Company at random. The dealership has absolutely no control over you getting one or not (aside from fradulent acts such as falsifying your address).

The scoring system is completely ridiculous. Only two of the questions on the survey "really" count, they are "Overall Service (or Sales depending on survey type) Satisfaction" and "Would you Recommend Dealer" These two questions make up your sales -or- service department's Customer Viewpoint Score or VOC Voice of Customer Score. There are 5 choices for each question on the survey and 4 of them equal a failing grade of 50% or less. If you mark that you are genuinely dissatisified, it gives a NEGATIVE SCORE! Responding that you are "Very Satisfied" gives your salesperson (or service advisor) a big fat "F" very possibly with a significant penalty to their pay...

I work in a Ford dealership service department. Customer service is very challenging. Nobody is ever happy when something is wrong with their car, but I need everyone to be "Completely Satisified"! it is impossible. If I don't keep my VOC score above 80% I lose $120 PER WEEK of my paycheck. Again, if you respond that you were "Very Satisified", it gives me a failing grade. So even if I do a great job, I get penalized. This is why your salesperson and service people beg for the survey. We don't like doing it, but we have no other way of letting you know how the scoring system works.

It depends on your individual dealership's pay plan for each department (sales or service).

Yes, it is pathetic and embarassing, however it is an unfortunate byproduct of Ford's absurd scoring system, not the poor sap at your local dealership's character fault. He's just trying to feed his family. Again, even if you are VERY SATISFIED with your sales or service experience, he gets penalized! THIS is why he has to stoop to begging you for an excellent survey. Simply providing "good service" frequently DOES NOT make it "work out right".

I had a customer fill out a SERVICE survey last month in which he stated that the rearward visibility of his new Taurus was poor and therefore the vehicle was inferior to his previous Taurus.

WTF does this have to do with his SERVICE experience? How could I have changed his mind by "just giving good service" on this particular issue?

Unfortunately, most customers don't even know what department or dealership visit that they are answering questions about.

There is a lot of "yikes" in this post. Seems like the system is biased right off the bat as to be beyond Very Satisfied it has to be absolutely perfect and lets face it; that doesnt happen often. I can admit even at my job I do awesome but no way I could be rated perfect beyond 80%....couldnt get my wife to buy into that either... :spend: