What did you do to your Fusion today?

CheesyRider

Almost regretting buying a 2.0 and not energi

I test drove the gas powered fusion and an energi as well. It may be the best driving hybrid plugin, but the experience was completely different between the two. Not saying it was bad, they just have different personalities.

Edited by MineralstangGT

Guest RRF985

Then I have less EV driving I can do (unless I charge it). Say if I ran the EV down to 2 miles left and forget to plug it in, on my next trip will only get 2 miles of EV before the car switches to Hybrid mode. So nothing to bad. The Fusion Energi is rated at about 45 mpg in hybrid mode. I think I have gotten that or better. When I fully charge it I get between 20 to 27 on EV (using AC cuts that by a few miles).

Oh I see. It just becomes a regular hybrid. Gotcha. Thanks and sorry for the dumb question. :)

Oh I see. It just becomes a regular hybrid. Gotcha. Thanks and sorry for the dumb question. :)

NP, love talking about it. I do agree with MineralstangGT, it is a different type of driving, but I love my Energi. I love driving almost completely silent and passing gas stations with out stopping :). But you do pay a premium, that if you don't make a lot of 20-30 mile or less trips, you may never make it back. But I think it is a cool technology, and if it gets a good foot hold, it can only get better. I am doing my part :)

• Like 1

So I missed my Fusion again today. Unfortunately it got to the dealership too late. Picking it up after work tomorrow.

Fuel freshness mode. Holy crap, what's next? A car that parallel parks itself?

Edited by Jimcgov3
  • Like 4

I had to put a sign on my garage door to remind me to be sure I plugged-in :)

So far I am 100 miles short of 2000 miles and I have only bought just over 6 gals. I am at 1/4 tank, so I should get gas soon.

:hysterical: I could see myself doing the very same thing............and still missing the sign one day.

Soon? Like what.......within a month? :)

Almost regretting buying a 2.0 and not energi

Ah that's easy - find a nice curvy road & stick your foot in it..............it'll ease the pain at the pump a bit.

So I missed my Fusion again today. Unfortunately it got to the dealership too late. Picking it up after work tomorrow.

Fuel freshness mode. Holy crap, what's next? A car that parallel parks itself?

:hysterical: or even crazier still a car that keeps itself in the lane? or one that maintains a set following distance on the highway...................who knows what absurdities they'll come up with

• Like 1

:hysterical: or even crazier still a car that keeps itself in the lane? or one that maintains a set following distance on the highway...................who knows what absurdities they'll come up with

Or even crazier the Car will drive itself and it will be made by search engine not car company :)

Let it run all the way down to trigger the low gas warning (to make sure it worked, no missing that! :) ) and found out I can only put 13.697 gallons in with DTE showing --- . Sigh.

That's okay as I can only put in about a gallon more than you and I have the AWD model with the 1 gallon larger tank.

NP, love talking about it. I do agree with MineralstangGT, it is a different type of driving, but I love my Energi. I love driving almost completely silent and passing gas stations with out stopping :). But you do pay a premium, that if you don't make a lot of 20-30 mile or less trips, you may never make it back. But I think it is a cool technology, and if it gets a good foot hold, it can only get better. I am doing my part :)

Home to work, one way, is 19 miles, so I charge up depleted at both locations. 'She' has marked EV+ on both locations after about a week. If I don't beat the Volt to the L2, I really get to see the effeciency loss using L1 over L2.

781 miles, STILL half a tank left.

Edited by shaggy314

:hysterical: I could see myself doing the very same thing............and still missing the sign one day.

Soon? Like what.......within a month? :)

Ah that's easy - find a nice curvy road & stick your foot in it..............it'll ease the pain at the pump a bit.

Where's my FLYING car like the ad? ;-)

Me too, and IMHO it really cuts down on the fingerprints. Not perfect, but a big improvement nonetheless.

I've gotten mine and hadn't installed it yet.

Until I get it on, the screen looks like crap after 1-2 days of cleaning off the prints. I'm thinking Ford should have done this to the original screen, it's either glare or finger prints every time I look at it.

At first I wasn't impressed by the screen protector but after using it a couple months I must say it makes a huge difference for fingerprints.

After several days of use, I haven't even thought of taking the wiping cloth out to clean the screen.

Edited by Gkinla
  • Like 1

Started my LED and HID Conversion.

So far did the reverse lights, trunk light and license plate lights.

I have something special for the puddle lights but for some reason I could not remove them. I got the first half out but the other side of the housing will not come out. I don't want to break it.

Edited by Gremlin85
  • Like 1

Started my LED and HID Conversion.

I have something special for the puddle lights but for some reason I could not remove them. I got the first half out but the other side of the housing will not come out. I don't want to break it.

Watcha got planned for the puddle lights?

http://youtu.be/2rSkqbMIgYU[quote name=Gremlin85" post="860648" timestamp="1372435860]Started my LED and HID Conversion.

Here is a YouTube video showing removal of the puddle light.

Watcha got planned for the puddle lights?

I have a type of projector for them. I'm going to see how they work up high in the mirrors where the factory ones are. If it doesn't, They'll be in the bottom of the doors.

I followed that but the other half of the housing doesn't come out for some reason. It's stuck. I pulled, flexed, twisted and pryed with no luck.

The tab part came out fine, but the retaining clip side of it won't budge!

Edited by Gremlin85

Any suggestions for cleaning the mytouch screen on the Titanium prior to installing the screen protector? I just got mine and read the instructions, went out to the car to wipe down the screen with the included blue Ford cloth, and found that it's leaving little blue specks of lint on the screen and I'd imagine this would not work well with the screen protector.

Edited by sdotlow

Any suggestions for cleaning the mytouch screen on the Titanium prior to installing the screen protector? I just got mine and read the instructions, went out to the car to wipe down the screen with the included blue Ford cloth, and found that it's leaving little blue specks of lint on the screen and I'd imagine this would not work well with the screen protector.

I ordered the NuShield Triple A and the Klear Screen travel wipes in individual packets. I wiped the screen down with the Klear Screen and dried it with the cloth supplied with the NuShield. I think you can use any LCD Screen Cleaner and good lint free cloth. I agree the Ford MFT cloth does leave blue specks behind. With the method I used the application was first time without bubbles or dust under the screen protector. You do need to get all the dust in the corners and along the bottom edge or it will migrate under the installation. Wet wipe is best if used first.

After many days of use, fingerprints are almost non existent and not distracting like it was before the screen protector.

Meh. I'll see if my Monster laptop screen cleaning kit will do the trick when I get home. I was hoping for something I could slap together at work.

That damn blue cloth... :(

Edit: I got the Dayvue instead of the AAA. I'm hoping it will minimize fingerprints just as much.

Edited by sdotlow