Mondeo Headlight Conversion For Fusion

tcavagna

And you won't bang your melon on the low entry trunk :)

LOL! Prior to buying the car I thought you guys were nuts. Bought the car and was like...they are nuts there is no issue here. Like two days later was putting something in the trunk and mashed my noggin but good. Realized...hey, they had a point.. :yahoo:

You should see my wife put something in the trunk now, after banging her head really badly last month. She ducks down like she's crossing an obstacle course with live rounds overhead. Once you clobber yourself on that trunk lid once or twice, you don't forget.

In would love those lights on the car. I wonder if you could skip the electric mod that turns the lights when you turn to save some money... But if I do the front and swap out then tail lights I will prob be looking in the $3500+ range. Do I like the lights THAT much? They do give the car a sleeker look.

• 4 months later...
This topic has been discussed in another thread at http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53381-2013-ford-mondeo-why-cant-we-have-this/ . The Mondeo's lights are all LED, but I have converted mine to all LED/HID already, looks just like the Mondeo. The lights are not the same in these two ways:

1. The DRL/indicator strip turn signal

2. The low beam light projector turns as the car turns.

To covert my assemblies to HID/LED was only about $200 and my time to do it. I may consider adding the dual function DRL/turn indicator strips later this summer.

Getting the actual Mondeo assemblies would be well over $1000 USD as they are manufactured in Europe/China. This would not cover the cost of install or conversion/wiring.

Hi there. I'm new here. So, does your lights turn as the car turns or do they NOT do that? I'm a little confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No, my lights don't turn, I'm not sure if that is even possible as our wiring harness is not the same as the Mondeo. I DID convert all my front lighting (except turn signals) to 6000K color. LED parking lights, LED high beams and 6000K HID low beams. Very European look at night which is what I wanted.

No, my lights don't turn, I'm not sure if that is even possible as our wiring harness is not the same as the Mondeo. I DID convert all my front lighting (except turn signals) to 6000K color. LED parking lights, LED high beams and 6000K HID low beams. Very European look at night which is what I wanted.

Thanks.

I wonder if anybody knows if there's a way to get the adaptive front headlamps. The wiring harness can't be THAT different since it's essentially the same car. Hmmm....

Well, don't forget that European cars are engineered to be higher end than cars in the US. They do not have the Lincoln brand, so the Fusion/Mondeo is engineered to be a mid to upper level car with many more safety/luxury features. Also in Europe are the station wagon version of the Mondeo and the High Line version of the Mondeo called the Vignale. Neither of the last two are to be available in the US market.