Prices For 2014 -NEW- Features

Powered By Fusion

For those that don't know..here are the new prices for the new features on the 2014 Fusion. The following prices are for both the SE and Titanium Trims only:

$190 - Inflatable Rear Seatbelts

$150 - Heated Steering Wheel

$465 - Heated/Cooled Seats

The following price is for the SE Trim only:

$520 - Intelligent Access w/Push Button Start

None of the above options come in packages so they add to your vehicles pricing/discount pricing like any other non-standard feature.

Personally none of them jump out and shout, "WAIT AND ORDER A 2014 FUSION!", except prospective SE buyers. Intelligent Access is arguably worth waiting for and with the price of the other technology features being much more expensive they make this look like a bargain and it's the one tech feature you actually will be using everytime you use your car.

As for inflatable rear seatbelts...those are pretty expendable I would think. It's the front people that are more at risk of a fatal accident in even the mildest crashes than the person in back, but at just $190 many may feel it's "cool" just to add it anyway. However, if you're buying a brand new Fusion I would hope these are something you'll never have to use anytime in the owning of your vehicle.

Same goes for the Heated Steering Wheel. I see most people either not needing this or using regularly. For just $150 though the people that want the most complete Fusion (like I did) may add it anyway for that "ya-never-know" mentality. Heated seats are already there so I'll just say you're paying $465 for cooled seats and some people say it works and some people say it doesn't.

All in all, when you look at the options individually they seem to be pretty much bargain add-ons... but when you look at them all together an extra $805 is a lot to pay for a steering wheel with cool rear belts you *hopefully* will never use...oh yea..and seats that cool your butt. As for SE buyers..As always...if you're going for a fully loaded SE you're smarter and wiser just getting a fully loaded Titanium as the price difference is about $1000 or less and then you get EVERYTHING.

Edited by Powered By Fusion

.........................All in all, when you look at the options individually they seem to be pretty much bargain add-ons... but when you look at them all together an extra $805 is a lot to pay for a steering wheel with cool rear belts you *hopefully* will never use...oh yea..and seats that cool your butt. As for SE buyers..As always...if you're going for a fully loaded SE you're smarter and wiser just getting a fully loaded Titanium as the price difference is about $1000 or less and then you get EVERYTHING.

I think I'd take the heated wheel, be nice for those mornings where bun warmers are in use.

That's a good point, seems many can't quite grasp the the concept "if you wanted a freak'n titanium you should have bought a titanium".

It'll be interesting retrofitting these options on a '13 Fusion, depending on what needs to be done. However, since I purchased a Fusion Ti with all options, these are not deal breakers for me.

Buying a new car you should either, buy within your budget or buy what you want so you have no buyers remorse. Learned that lesson buying my first new car over 15 years ago.

I was VERY tempted to wait the extra 2 months to get the cooled seats, but the words "late availability" scared me off. I've already waited 5 months and since I have a build date of this Friday, I decided to hold and not fold.

It should...I would say that may mean 2015, like they did for the Energi and Hybrid Titanium.

I am interested to see how feasible it would be to add the Push button start and intelligent access to my SE Hybrid. That is the one feature I really miss and has caused me a bit of regret not waiting a few extra months for the Hybrid Titanium I ordered.

• Like 3

I am interested to see how feasible it would be to add the Push button start and intelligent access to my SE Hybrid. That is the one feature I really miss and has caused me a bit of regret not waiting a few extra months for the Hybrid Titanium I ordered.

I am guessing it is most likely cost prohibitive. If a rim package is 695 and when you get a single rim from Ford its insanely priced; I doubt the cost would outweigh the benefit/convenience received.

Edited by Bearcats98

I am guessing it is most likely cost prohibitive. If a rim package is 695 and when you get a single rim from Ford its insanely priced; I doubt the cost would outweigh the benefit/convenience received.

Good points. I have looked inti aftermarket options and that would be close to $600 and it isnt a factory look etc. I would hope the parts may be around the $520 amount if i got them for a ford dealer parts dept, then it is about the labor cost...ughhh. Probably not worth the cost but if somehow under $1000 i would consider it.

Good points. I have looked inti aftermarket options and that would be close to $600 and it isnt a factory look etc. I would hope the parts may be around the $520 amount if i got them for a ford dealer parts dept, then it is about the labor cost...ughhh. Probably not worth the cost but if somehow under $1000 i would consider it.

I feel for you Hybrid guys. Seems like a lot of you ordered cars that really don't seem out of the ordinary package wise and yet it takes eons to deliver.

I feel for you Hybrid guys. Seems like a lot of you ordered cars that really don't seem out of the ordinary package wise and yet it takes eons to deliver.

My fully equipped '13 FFH took eight weeks. I just took delivery of a MKZ hybrid that took 5 weeks.

Edited by hermans

As for SE buyers..As always...if you're going for a fully loaded SE you're smarter and wiser just getting a fully loaded Titanium as the price difference is about $1000 or less and then you get EVERYTHING.

Except for those of us who absolutely cannot stand black leather interior. That was the #1 reason I went with my loaded 2013 SE over Ti. I def would have paid for the Intel Access, though, that's the only option I find myself longing for.

Except for those of us who absolutely cannot stand black leather interior. That was the #1 reason I went with my loaded 2013 SE over Ti. I def would have paid for the Intel Access, though, that's the only option I find myself longing for.

Yes, agree in principle, except I went the other way and decided to suffer the black interior in order to get the Intelligent Access. In the end, I am very glad to have the Titanium, but I do wish it came in a lighter interior. Still, I wouldn't trade; Titanium really satisfies me.

• Like 1

I had a tan interior in my last car and hated how dirty it looks after a couple of years, it is a pain in the a$$ to keep clean. I don't think that I will ever buy another car without a black or dark grey interior.....

I love the SE buyers should just get a Titanium.. Tell me how to get a Titanium with a manual transmission and then we'll talk. Until then, the best reason to buy a Fusion makes you go SE

If they had mated the 2.0 to a manual in the fusion, it would have been a no brainer for me. However I am so tired of manuals being mated to dinky motors. Some people buy manuals for the experience.

Guest RRF985
If they had mated the 2.0 to a manual in the fusion, it would have been a no brainer for me. However I am so tired of manuals being mated to dinky motors. Some people buy manuals for the experience.

I would have loved to have a manual 2.0. There is no way that i'd give up the power and AWD for the manual however. I guess it's a give/take unfortunately.

I would have loved to have a manual 2.0. There is no way that i'd give up the power and AWD for the manual however. I guess it's a give/take unfortunately.

Yeah but us gear box rowers are a dying breed anyway. When I bought my 01 Maxima SE (5spd) only five percent of total production was a manual. I knew then that manuals were dying. Now you can get manuals but manufacturers mate them to wimpy motors. Not the good fun motors.

Agreed on the push and shove. I wanted the bigger motor so I had to accept the slush box. *shrug* I wasnt willing to give up everything else which is probably how Ford has my segment slotted anyway.