What change do you want for the Ford Fusion?

taylorjd

4. I love the easy access function that slides my seat back. Great feature! But even with this, the door sill is large and the seat is set back so that I have to swivel my feet out and then stand up. The very first reviews of the Fusion commented on this, and I do find it to be true. The Fusion is harder to get out of than the Accord.

All that said, I love this car.

I agree. What my bigger worry is how the bolster is going to hold up over the years. I have now sat my seat further back than I really like so that when the seat backup happens at key off it goes pretty far back. Not an ideal solution.

Another way I have gotten around this is program the 3rd memory seat to have the seat go all the way back and then make sure to unlock with my key fob (one). However remembering to press three on the way out is a hit or miss proposition with my memory.

This topic has been beaten to death more times than I have been able to read. I would love the 5-door, but american majority does not.

They aren't buying very many Fusion Energi's either. You have to have trunk space and a reasonable premium.

No no no no! Digital speedos are so 80s (think Vette) and really detract from the cluster in my mind. If they put in a digital make sure they include a full round one that simulates the current analog (looking) device. I drove a civic a year or so ago with the digital read out and it drove me batty.

I would include a full (simulated) round analog looking one (even though they are so 70s ;) ). I think the success of the Fusion is in it's choices and it's future is in it's customization. One car for all. :shift:

I would include a full (simulated) round analog looking one (even though they are so 70s ;) ). I think the success of the Fusion is in it's choices and it's future is in it's customization. One car for all. :shift:

Very true. I was involved in a human ergonomics study in college dealing with digital versus sweep gauges and what could be processed "at a glance". Part of the experiment was to hit a value. They had a large digital display and a large sweep guage. Almost always we saw that the the sweep we easiest and seemed quickest for the human to react to. Granted, thats not a speed sweep guage which travel much slower but it did impress upon me how the brain works.

I wish we had MORE customization in regards to guages really. I would like the ability to can the "media" screen on the right and use it for gauges as well. I like temp, fuel, tach, speed, oil pressure. And since its a turbo why not a boost guage? :-) I want my cake, and to eat it and lick the spoon too! LOL!

• Like 1

4. I love the easy access function that slides my seat back. Great feature! But even with this, the door sill is large and the seat is set back so that I have to swivel my feet out and then stand up. The very first reviews of the Fusion commented on this, and I do find it to be true. The Fusion is harder to get out of than the Accord.

I agree that the Fusion is hard to get in and out of, even with the easy access function. It all goes back to ergonomics. I don't think much thought was given to this, And although I love the look and the finishes in the Fusion, i do think they need to go back to the drawing board where some of these issues are concerned.

I wish we had MORE customization in regards to guages really. I would like the ability to can the "media" screen on the right and use it for gauges as well. I like temp, fuel, tach, speed, oil pressure. And since its a turbo why not a boost guage? :-) I want my cake, and to eat it and lick the spoon too! LOL!

I think Ford did pretty well letting you change the two side screens, now they should let you change the middle. Like I said the more customizing the better. Also allow you to change the sounds too.

What a great topic, and what a lot of good ideas!

Here are 6 changes I would like to see retro-fitted to my 2013 Energi:

1. Change MFT home screen audio quadrant to show last 9 source/channel combinations that I have listened to, rather than 9 channels of the current-selected source, so I can easily tab between my favorites, wherever they come from

2. Change moonroof button operation so that when the roof is tilted and I want to open it (or vice versa) I do NOT need to push the close button first -- make it work the way my Audi's moonroof works

Here are changes that will be impossible to retrofit but I hope future Fusion buyers can benefit from:

1. Fix the trunk lid so it doesn't hit people in the back of the head!

2. Agree that the ideal solution would be to import the Mondeo lift-back 5-door

3. Steerable / shapeable headlight patterns

4. Easier access to both driver and passenger seat -- currently have to swivel around to get out

5. Fully-adjustable 10-way power passenger seat

8. And of course a higher-capacity battery with a smaller envelope and better placement in the car -- but this will have to wait until battery technology improves significantly

I agree with the ones listed above. Especially the moonroof buttons! It's so annoying to have to close it first and then press a second button to go from open to vent or vice versa. I also wish the Fusion came in the hatchback design of the Modeo in Europe. Especially for the Energi.

The 10-way power pass seat is coming for 2014

Very true. I was involved in a human ergonomics study in college dealing with digital versus sweep gauges and what could be processed "at a glance". Part of the experiment was to hit a value. They had a large digital display and a large sweep guage. Almost always we saw that the the sweep we easiest and seemed quickest for the human to react to. Granted, thats not a speed sweep guage which travel much slower but it did impress upon me how the brain works.

Fascinating about the gauges. I also wish we had more customization. I wish we could have multiple "MyView" screens instead of just one and that we could put car data on both the left and right screens.

Gotcha. While I have my phone customized like this, I am not feeling it for my car. However I will say the lights "ding" and the seatbelt "ding" and the not in park "ding" all seem to be the same causing me to wonder which one I didn't do...lol

• Like 1

I agree with so much you said there, but if they come out with a 10-way power passenger seat, I would like to replace mine with it.

Well, that's an interesting thought! Should be possible to remove the 2013 passenger seat and replace it with a fully-adjustable one. So this might also be a change that could be retro-fitted.

But not as easily as a software update...

• Like 1

Well, that's an interesting thought! Should be possible to remove the 2013 passenger seat and replace it with a fully-adjustable one. So this might also be a change that could be retro-fitted.

But not as easily as a software update...

It would beat sitting on a telephone book (they still have those right? :)).

• 4 weeks later...

I've only got a week and about 150 miles under my wheels so far so I'm sure I haven't found some things yet and may change my mind on some but here's what I have so far. Most are agreeing with others.

TPM should give actual pressure numbers for each tire. My Chev cargo van did that and after a few checks confirming within 1 pound of my good tire gauge that became the standard. That let me check tire pressure every day that I drove.

PW buttons are too far forward.

Passenger seat is too low. Adults get in and look like children they are so low.

Radio controls are on the wrong sides of the radio. I want to reach the 10 presets more often than I want to reach the FM/CD/XM buttons.

Fobs are too large and the switchblade button for the key makes it too easy to release in your pocket when you don't want to.

Floor mats are a joke. Weathertech here I come.

Shift lever takes up too much room and too long travel. More storage within reach without stretching and less for oversized shifter.

Valet system that allows locking glove box and trunk when leaving car with window tinters etc.

The cup holders need to be a few mm larger diameter to hold any container or koozie.

I'm sure there will be more as time goes on but those are what come to mind without going out to the car.

Edited by LDB415

• 2 weeks later...

Ford needs to offer their Green Gem Metallic paint on the fusion. I saw a F150 with this paint and it was some of the nicest looking paint I have ever seen on the road. The Fusion already looks great in Deep Impact Blue, and it would look even better in Green.

I don't understand why more automakers don't offer rich green paint anymore. The only greens we see these days are lime greens on subcompacts and greens so dark they look black in anything but direct sunlight like the Atlantis Green color offered on the fusion a couple of years ago.

• 4 weeks later...
How about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FOcYlF8r0

Ford Europe uses it on the new Mondeo it would look so badass here in the states!

I wish we could have cool lights like this in the US. Unfortunately, the NHTSA doesn't allow them. These lights are likely actually safer than traditional lights, but the rules of the NHTSA are old and haven't been updated to reflect these new technologies.

• Like 1

Bearcats, can you explain? I see you keep bringing this up, but I keep forgetting to ask for clarification. Thanks

Put car in auto mode

Hit button in MFT or console to turn OFF the AC. Still uses the compressor regardless if AC button is lit or not.

Only way to get AC off is to go to MFT screen and turn AC button OFF AND select a vent of some kind so the Auto Box surround on the vent direction goes off. If I was programming it/trouble shooting it, it would seem that they have two pockets/events latched together for some reason or its a mistake that has not been caught yet.

Edited by Bearcats98