Lincoln Dealers: Cheese and Jason Bourne

From Bloomberg via Automotive News:

"In the meantime, Lincoln is taking aim at sales and service staff to make sure luxury buyers want to do business with them. That's an area where Ford says even leaders like BMW and Mercedes are falling short of consumers' expectations.

When the researcher Luxury Institute LLC last year asked premium buyers what level of importance they placed on dealership experience on a scale of 1 to 10, the average score was 8.3, according to a survey released in November. At the same time, that sample of wealthy consumers scored their last sales or service experience with their current car or truck at less than 7.7, the study found.

"These clients want no hassles," Andrew Frick, a Lincoln group marketing manager, says in a training video beamed into Lincoln Academy sessions. "They want quality, reliability and effortless customer service. They're cynical, but open-minded. And there's a chance they have never stepped foot in a Lincoln dealership."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20130612/RETAIL07/130619940#ixzz2W3FhZkUk

From Bloomberg via Automotive News:

"These clients want no hassles,and effortless customer service.

I'll probably get slammed for this but, The majority of Lincoln owners I've dealt with at the dealerships I've worked at come in with the "my shit don't stink" attitude and expect freebees. Things like why should I have to pay for tires with only 50k on the vehicle, what do you mean it's not under warranty any more, can you throw in the rotate and brake inspection at no charge, why should I have to check the air in the tires the light came on fix it, oh so that light comes on if I leave the engine running while filling the gas tank, you'll fix it under warranty won't you.

You can give them all the cheese, wine, sourdough bread whatever as long as it's free they'll take it.

Now I know Ford/Lincoln wants the sales and service to be top grade and it should be for Ford and Lincoln owners both.

Sorry guys give me a Ford/ Ford truck owner that has a clue and knows when things go south somebody has to pay for it. And it shouldn't be the poor schmuck tech getting paid .3 for a LOF.

I'll probably get slammed for this but, The majority of Lincoln owners I've dealt with at the dealerships I've worked at come in with the "my shit don't stink" attitude and expect freebees. Things like why should I have to pay for tires with only 50k on the vehicle, what do you mean it's not under warranty any more, can you throw in the rotate and brake inspection at no charge, why should I have to check the air in the tires the light came on fix it, oh so that light comes on if I leave the engine running while filling the gas tank, you'll fix it under warranty won't you.

You can give them all the cheese, wine, sourdough bread whatever as long as it's free they'll take it.

Dude you just described 90% of car owners.

• Like 3

I agree completely. It seems like we bend over backwards and give everything away to the customers who don't deserve it and have the means to pay. Yet, the good customer who doesn't have a lot of money, we charge them full tilt. I don't understand why. I guess that's how "the haves" get wealthy and "the have nots" aren't.

I wonder how customers over at BMW are? Since most vehicles are leases, I can imagine there is a lot of "I ain't paying for shit".

I knew a service advisor at a BMW store a long time ago. He said the 3 series people just had enough money to buy the emblem. The 5 series people could go either way. Yet the 7 series owners just said fix it and let me know when it's done.

It seems like we bend over backwards and give everything away to the customers who don't deserve it and have the means to pay. Yet, the good customer who doesn't have a lot of money, we charge them full tilt.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^