Finding a Fusion on Ford Site

sdotlow

You should be able to get a price right around invoice at the moment, from what I've seen. You could always find an X Plan PIN in one of the forums here, and find a dealer that accepts it, which would guarantee just a little over invoice with no haggling.

Which leads me to my next question to the VA guys in this thread...

How much did the dealers beat you over the head for processing charges? Maryland has laws in place to cap it @ $200. I know VA can go up to 600, as there is no law in place. If I'm going to be looking in VA, would it make more sense to nab an X Plan PIN to keep that crap in check?

@Rico - I've also noticed, at least in my area, the loaded Fusion Titaniums aren't moving off lots...at all. There are TONS in the 37-38K MSRP range, not so many lower. In July / August if the dealerships can't move them, they'll probably start becoming very flexible on the prices.

You should be able to get a price right around invoice at the moment, from what I've seen. You could always find an X Plan PIN in one of the forums here, and find a dealer that accepts it, which would guarantee just a little over invoice with no haggling.

Which leads me to my next question to the VA guys in this thread...

How much did the dealers beat you over the head for processing charges? Maryland has laws in place to cap it @ $200. I know VA can go up to 600, as there is no law in place. If I'm going to be looking in VA, would it make more sense to nab an X Plan PIN to keep that crap in check?

Common DPC in VA appears to be $499, though Ted Britt in Fairfax is $569 I think... that's why it's better to buy over in MD and pay $200.

Http had a good suggestion of checking Apple Ford as they post their 'no haggle' prices on their web site, but keep in mind that the price posted does not include the $795 freight charge, whereas in some other dealer quotes that $795 is in there.

Common DPC in VA appears to be $499, though Ted Britt in Fairfax is $569 I think... that's why it's better to buy over in MD and pay $200.

Http had a good suggestion of checking Apple Ford as they post their 'no haggle' prices on their web site, but keep in mind that the price posted does not include the $795 freight charge, whereas in some other dealer quotes that $795 is in there.

Their no haggle prices include the rebates, and they have only higher end titaniums (36k MSRP and up), way out of my budget lol.

I'm hoping I can get a local dealer in Montgomery County bring in a vehicle I like from another dealer, possibly in VA. I'm hoping it won't be an issue or result in a price hike to accomplish this. I might have to just grab an X plan PIN if going to VA is my only option to find what I want.

I posted this a while back. It was how I found my Fusion. The Ford site is terrbile for inventory searches.

"

I would recomend using the dealerconnection site to search inventories. You can search the dealer inventories much quicker than ford.com and it seems to be spot on regarding whether a vehicle is in stock. That is how I found my Fusion Hybrid. 2013 Fusion Hybrids still seem like they are still extremely limited in quantity (at least in NY/Philly corridor). On 10/15, One popped up as "in stock" during my daily check (took me about 10 minutes/day to search the nearest 30 dealers or so) that was exactly what I wanted so I called up the dealer who said, "yup, we got it in today", I drove over with my x-plan pin and bought it. Happy ever since.

http://content.deale...us_ford_en.html

"

From http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130614/AUTO0102/306140029/1148/auto01/Ford-s-hot-selling-Fusion-struggles-meet-demand

Ford is struggling to maintain normal inventory levels of the Fusion, particularly on the East and West coasts, regions where Ford sales have historically lagged.

Where I bought my hybrids the dealer currently, as of last night, has 5 Fusions and none are hybrids. They have 22 MKZs of which none are hybrids. They are a bit hard to get in the Philly area and dealers are refusing dealer trades. It's going to get worse before it gets better. The plant in Mexico is now running 3 shifts and at full capacity. It will be a couple of months before Flat Rock Fusions are up and running. The Fusion and MKZ hybrid production will remain in Mexico.

Edited by hermans

Went for a couple test drives today and wanted to share my experiences.

Tested the Fusion SE 1.6 (sport package), Fusion SE 2.0 Luxury package (they had no titaniums), and a V6 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan.

SE 2.0 - Drove this first. Very, very nice ride. Handling was amazing. Love at first drive. I was very impressed. Not quite the "Titanium Experience". No push to start or remote start. I sat in one of their Hybrid Titaniums to get the feel for the actual Titanium. Mytouch wasn't as responsive to the touch as I hoped it would be. Not a deal breaker though. Getting onto the highway in sport mode was a blast (I of course asked if I could push it). The 2.0 is really living up to everything I've read about it on message boards and online reviews.

SE 1.6 - Let me say this first, the cloth seats in the Fusion are extremely nice. Was the first thing my girlfriend and I both said when getting in to drive. Very comfortable. Impressed again. It actually had me considering making a purchase on the spot...until I actually drove it, lol. The difference between the 1.6 and 2.0 was enormous imo. It felt more like I was driving my girlfriends Corolla. Acceleration felt sluggish, but I was also transitioning to this from just driving the 2.0. This pushed me to the decision if I'm getting a Fusion, it will be a Titanium 100% :shift: .

The sales guy we got was very nice and helpful. I was expecting a slimey old guy, but it was someone late 20ish like myself. They had 3 Titaniums in stock last Sunday, and none in stock today. Discussing pricing before I left to continue test drives, he said they don't move much off their no haggle prices. Disheartening. I'm confident I'll be able to work him down if he can find something I want, which may or may not happen. He gave me the impression if it wasn't from "inside" his dealership system, the price I got would not be nearly as good. My reply was, well then I'll be buying from whoever it was you were getting the car from. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it in a few weeks when I'm ready to purchase. All in all, very happy with the experience at that dealership and beyond happy with the Fusion. I never thought I'd be considering a Ford.

Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan - LOL. Just....LOL. I'll give the Accord it's seemingly spacious cabin. The backseat really seemed enormous. From what I've read in comparing with the Fusion, it's only an inch or so smaller in the Fusion. It really did seem enormous compared to the Fusions back seat. The rest of the car though? Unimpressive. The double screen is obnoxious and redundant. The touchscreen is responsive, but so bland and boring. The interior was nice enough. It drove much worse than I was expecting for the V6, although in sport mode it was great getting on the highway. Handling was boring. Felt the road big time.

I can't believe the Fusion destroyed my opinion of the Accord. Neither can my girlfriend. She's been a loyal Honda/Toyota person, as is her entire family. We both thought the Fusion blew the Accord out of the water with everything all said and done. I'm still debating if I think it's worth it to test the VW Passat 3.5 and the Sonata 2.0. I've read the Sonata 2.0 is not as good as the Ford. I like to know more than the sales person before dealing with them, so I need to decide if the research is worth it, or if I'm already dead set on the Fusion. I'll know in a couple days.

Edited by sdotlow

Yep, In VA $499 is the usual. Ted Britt is $589.50. Don't ask me why, it's like airline baggage fees. All you do is negotiate the price of the car down to compensate for the fee. Near as I can tell the only thing I got for my $589.50 is state inspection and whatever labor it took to fill out the forms to transfer my license plates from my old car to the Fusion. Pretty pricy.

I always compare total prices excluding tax and tags. The total price includes dealer prep, transportation, and any incentives. I figure there's nothing you can do about taxes and tags except go to another state. I don't know what the deal is about buying in Maryland and titling the car in Virginia, I wouldn't surprise me if you had to pay taxes in each state.

I figure there's nothing you can do about taxes and tags except go to another state. I don't know what the deal is about buying in Maryland and titling the car in Virginia, I wouldn't surprise me if you had to pay taxes in each state.

Nope, only taxes in VA, and the MD dealer handles it just like a VA dealer does. A few years ago we found the Edge with just the right config we wanted at a dealer in NJ, drove up there and got it and that dealer also handles the title/reg paperwork for VA (and we did not pay any NJ tax).

Nope, only taxes in VA, and the MD dealer handles it just like a VA dealer does. A few years ago we found the Edge with just the right config we wanted at a dealer in NJ, drove up there and got it and that dealer also handles the title/reg paperwork for VA (and we did not pay any NJ tax).

Yeah I asked the guy at the Ford dealership what kind of fees are associated with the purchase...

Title/Registration - Approx. $344ish

Doc Fee - $200

Destination Charge / Freight - $795

Tax - $1700-2000

And then the purchase price of the vehicle (these would be for MD).

I asked if the Doc fee is the processing fee I see on website, he said it was. Is this correct, or is there a processing charge ontop fo the Doc fee?

Also, the Honda dealership I went to were slimey, nasty people. I'm going to be posting negative reviews on various places about that. What a horrible experience Criswell dealerships are in the D.C. Metro area. That's the second one that left an extremely bad taste in my mouth. I could tell off the break the salesperson was questionable. He came off extremely phoney and disengenious. After the test drive I asked him for a card and he gave me the stereotypical "come inside for a moment and I'll get it for you". Had my girlfriend and I sit down and said he'd be right back with a brochure and his card so we could leave and grab lunch. He came back with some hyper arrogant, aggressive sleeze ball that tried to assert control of the situation (in a very Type A, alpha male way). Seeing him bringing this other guy over instantly irritated me, and put me on the offensive. Needless to say they misunderstood my personality, put them in their places, and promptly walked out. Avoid Criswell like the plague.

If you can't find someone on the forums willing to give you an X-Plan PIN, simply join the Mustang Club of America for $50 and get your PIN from them. With X-Plan, I paid about $100 over dealer invoice, with no haggling. But did have to call a few dealers to find one who would accept X-Plan for a Fusion Energi.

Ok I need some advice...

I believe my local dealership has 2 Titaniums coming in. I want to lock up the black one that is coming in, assuming we agree to a price. I believe I would be asked to fill out some form or w/e, but not address financing yet (correct me if I'm wrong). I want to make sure when it gets in, it's mine.

Will I have to pay some kind of deposit? I think I recall seeing someone in another forum say they were asked for a deposit to hold a car, or have it transfered over or some thing. Is this normal? I like to go into these things prepared. I imagine I have a few days before this conversation takes place.

It's totally up to the dealer whether they want a deposit or not. Most likely they'll want $500 or so just to prove you're serious but it should be refundable if you decide not to buy it. You may need to complete a credit check if you want the dealer to finance it (to prove you're eligible) or you can get your own credit pre-arranged. You shouldn't have to decide though until you actually take delivery.

I see. I'm not putting a deposit down period. We'll see how that conversation goes I guess.

I was looking at the window stickers and noticed something in the bottom of the sticker that looked like a date code of some kind. Is that the date it left the factory?

Example - http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0K96DR357096

It's under the item# line, and it says "06 13 13".

If that is the date it left the factory, how long before the dealer has it? That will help me plan a bit more as well.

Thanks!

I see. I'm not putting a deposit down period. We'll see how that conversation goes I guess.

I was looking at the window stickers and noticed something in the bottom of the sticker that looked like a date code of some kind. Is that the date it left the factory?

Example - http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0K96DR357096

It's under the item# line, and it says "06 13 13".

If that is the date it left the factory, how long before the dealer has it? That will help me plan a bit more as well.

Thanks!

Probably 2-4 more weeks. You don't have to put down a deposit but if somebody else does before it shows up they'll get it not you.

Probably 2-4 more weeks. You don't have to put down a deposit but if somebody else does before it shows up they'll get it not you.

That's fine.

So for the "06 13 13" - is this the date it rolled out of the factory and shipped?

Edit: I emailed the salesman with the VIN and Stock # and he advised they're not there yet and don't have an ETA.

Edited by sdotlow

So for the "06 13 13" - is this the date it rolled out of the factory and shipped?

That is the date that the VIN was sent to plant for build... in most cases the actual build happens about a week after that date, however there are other variables that come into play which can affect scheduling, so don't take that as a no-kidding date, but that VIN will likely get built this week if it follows suit of most VINs.

Edited by jeff_h

Guest RRF985

The original car I was going to buy was a dealer order that was not in stock. I only had to give $100 deposit to hold it. Later after I decided I wanted the car I have now, I went back to that dealer and told them never mind and collected my $100.

Just got an offer via email for the perfect fusion (almost, has Navi which I don't want/need). They're quoting me what seems to be $200 above invoice, and that's their first swing at bat. I made it crystal clear I'm not playing games in my initial email, so that may be their bottom line. Waiting for a reply with a detailed breakdown of all pricing, so I can see what exactly I'm being quoted and negotiate from there.

It's landing this week. I'm tempted to pounce on it. Waiting for my credit score to update to try and get top tier APR on it. I just did a product change on the credit car I need to update hoping to force a mid cycle push to the credit bureau.

Getting anxious!

Also, I'm curious about the benefits of buying at a local dealership instead of going to one 20-30 miles away.

I know they offer free oil changes and car washes, etc. Is that specific to the dealership or is that ANY Ford dealer?

Any other things I need to know about buying from a dealership far away and taking it to my local dealer for whatever it needs?

Edit: Got these answered via the salesperson. Dealer specific. She confirmed there is a $750 coupon in VinCent under my name, in addition to the $1500 rebate.

Now I'm waiting on competing quotes. Very excited!

Edited by sdotlow

Guest RRF985
Also, I'm curious about the benefits of buying at a local dealership instead of going to one 20-30 miles away.

I know they offer free oil changes and car washes, etc. Is that specific to the dealership or is that ANY Ford dealer?

Any other things I need to know about buying from a dealership far away and taking it to my local dealer for whatever it needs?

Edit: Got these answered via the salesperson. Dealer specific. She confirmed there is a $750 coupon in VinCent under my name, in addition to the $1500 rebate.

Now I'm waiting on competing quotes. Very excited!

No reason to stick with local. Free oil changes are per dealer basis but don't let that swing your decision. Also never ever let your car be washed by a dealer unless you want lots and lots of scratches in your new car. I have to specifically tell my dealer everytime I am there to not wash the car. Go with whichever dealer will give you the best price on the car.

I meant to ask this following my test drive in the SE's with the 1.6 and 2.0.

When we were driving, I noticed a bit of wind noise coming through somewhere. This was at 40ish MPH. I thought a window was open but nothing. I asked the salesman and my girlfriend if they could hear it, and they could. It was the same on two seperate vehicles.

Anyone notice this?