Is there a way to tell the build date?

I think it's on the window sticker. There's a box labeled "Method Of Delivery" (mine says "RAIL), and there are two skinny boxes next to it; the upper is labeled "Item #" and the lower has several alphanumeric strings separated by space, and it looks like the last three sets of numbers (two digits each) is the date of manufacture. F'rinstance, mine says "11 08 12," or November 8, 2012. Or maybe that's just coincidence?

If you have the truck's VIN, you can look up the window sticker here:

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=YourVINHere

Just replace YourVINHere with your truck's VIN (no spaces), like so:

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FT8W3DT6DEA55309

(I have no idea whose truck that is; I just found it via a Google search.)

Edited by SoonerLS

I think it's on the window sticker. There's a box labeled "Method Of Delivery" (mine says "RAIL), and there are two skinny boxes next to it; the upper is labeled "Item #" and the lower has several alphanumeric strings separated by space, and it looks like the last three sets of numbers (two digits each) is the date of manufacture. F'rinstance, mine says "11 08 12," or November 8, 2012. Or maybe that's just coincidence?

Maybe it is just coincidence--according to the FordEtis site linked above, my truck was built on November 18th, not November 8th. Maybe November 8th was when the VIN was assigned? The Sync update history on SyncMyRide.com also shows November 18th; I guess I'll have to check the manufacturing sticker and see what it says.

The date on the window sticker is the date your truck was sent to production and the window sticker was generated. The date on ETIS was the date your truck rolled off the final assembly line. There's usually about a week difference between the two dates.

• Like 3

Etis is terribly inaccurate for a lot of things, but it will get you close. Post the VIN and I can see if it's still the system.

I checked ETIS, and it was close to the date that was (apparently) listed on the sticker.

Here is the sticker.

(Edit: Forgot to attach the sticker the first time) :finger:

Webview.pdf

Edited by RangerM

The date on the sticker is the sticker creation date, in your case 01/03/13

The build date is 01/11/13.

Got it. Thanks.

Just a thought (for anyone reading this), if that's 7-month old oil in it, should I request the dealer change it before delivery? The truck had about 20 miles on odometer after my test drive.

Edited by RangerM

Etis is terribly inaccurate for a lot of things, but it will get you close. Post the VIN and I can see if it's still the system.

Pioneer: Could I get one more favor could u see if my truck was actually built on 8/6/13 and if it tells when it will be shipped 1FTFX1EFXDFD27467?? :)

I checked ETIS, and it was close to the date that was (apparently) listed on the sticker.

Here is the sticker.

(Edit: Forgot to attach the sticker the first time) :finger:

That truck was produced on January 11th, shipped the next day, and was delivered to Capital Ford on January 21st.

Pioneer: Could I get one more favor could u see if my truck was actually built on 8/6/13 and if it tells when it will be shipped 1FTFX1EFXDFD27467?? :)

The system hasn't updated yet on your vehicle. It was scheduled to be built yesterday. It doesn't show it was produced, but it shows awaiting shipment with an ETA at your dealer of September 6th. I would hope your ETA is moved up when the system updates. I can't see it taking a month to get to your dealer.

The system hasn't updated yet on your vehicle. It was scheduled to be built yesterday. It doesn't show it was produced, but it shows awaiting shipment with an ETA at your dealer of September 6th. I would hope your ETA is moved up when the system updates. I can't see it taking a month to get to your dealer.

Pioneer: Thanx much guess it is just a waiting game now, I am on the west coast but am sure it won't take a month to get here, ford may notify my dealer when it is shipped not sure though... :)

• 1 year later...