Cooled Seats and Heated Steering Wheel

Lucifer

all of the unofficial time lines still say late November. I am waiting for Three late availability options. The heated steering wheel, the cooled seats and the Soft Ceramic leather on the Titanium's. I am hoping for a delivery before Christmas, but would not be surprised if I did not see my car before Feb.

Edited by Toz

I am waiting for Three late availability options. The heated steering wheel, the cooled seats and the Soft Ceramic leather on the Titanium's.

I was thinking I wanted the red brick interior, but a recent photo looked more tomato colored to me, so I am no longer sure. I prefer something with more burgundy, like this blood red color.....post-51044-0-48294000-1381520927_thumb.jpg

I was thinking I wanted the red brick interior, but a recent photo looked more tomato colored to me, so I am no longer sure. I prefer something with more burgundy, like this blood red color.....attachicon.gifIMAG0248.jpg

is that a picture of someones home brew flight simulator?

I really like the Brick red look, but I don't think I can get it with the Ruby red exterior.

I really like the Brick red look, but I don't think I can get it with the Ruby red exterior.

I think the red brick is only offered on the tuxedo black, silver or grey, and white exteriors - at least on the Titanium. I still can't decide and my dealer doesn't have anything with red brick coming in. I'm a tech kind of guy and not interested in anything earthy or warm, which is what the red brick looks to be (it's hot enough down here in Hades). Another forum member who saw the red at a car show said it looked like a tomato exploded in the interior.

Toz, the interior pic I posted is a border patrol helicopter.post-51044-0-11106900-1381627472_thumb.jpg

When did you order your car? I have held off ordering until I get a fairly good idea as to when the late availability options will be available. I hope we don't have to wait until February for them. Also, did the dealer "order" your car for you and, if so, did they provide you with an invoice at that time or is that generated later when the car is built?

Edited by Lucifer

I think the red brick is only offered on the tuxedo black, silver or grey, and white exteriors - at least on the Titanium. I still can't decide and my dealer doesn't have anything with red brick coming in. I'm a tech kind of guy and not interested in anything earthy or warm, which is what the red brick looks to be (it's hot enough down here in Hades). Another forum member who saw the red at a car show said it looked like a tomato exploded in the interior.

Toz, the interior pic I posted is a border patrol helicopter.attachicon.gifIMAG0898.jpg

When did you order your car? I have held off ordering until I get a fairly good idea as to when the late availability options will be available. I hope we don't have to wait until February for them. Also, did the dealer "order" your car for you and, if so, did they provide you with an invoice at that time or is that generated later when the car is built?

I have not ordered my car yet. I was kind of hoping that Ford would update the "Build you own" sight to include the late availability options.

Oh cool. Real aircraft. I saw the keyboard in the picture and assumed flight simulator.

Here are some real life photos of it. Cars.com has a few Ti's with red brick interior listed. Way too red, IMO. If the seats had a black middle part with red bolsters, maybe. But this just looks tacky.

Thanks for posting those pictures, cjh. I agree, that is too much red and I don't care for the hue, although it is interesting to note that it appears different between the front and rear seat pictures. Still, I have now seen too many pictures where the red looks like, well, red bricks--earthy--and not the burgundy I prefer. Plus it is all over the seats, front, back, sides, etc. and not limited to tasteful contrasting inserts. I am now satisfied that I do NOT want the brick red interior.

THAT's what red brick looks like? Ugh. Not a fan. Maybe I'll go with the medium ceramic after all.

I've chosen the silver exterior (given the 300+ days of sunshine here in the high desert). What exterior color are you considering trvlrschick? BTW, love the profile pic, I guess the dork didn't like the red either!

Thanks for posting those pictures, cjh. I agree, that is too much red and I don't care for the hue, although it is interesting to note that it appears different between the front and rear seat pictures. Still, I have now seen too many pictures where the red looks like, well, red bricks--earthy--and not the burgundy I prefer. Plus it is all over the seats, front, back, sides, etc. and not limited to tasteful contrasting inserts. I am now satisfied that I do NOT want the brick red interior.

My thoughts precisely. I was curious what the red brick looked like before I got my '14...dealer showed me some pictures and I made up my mind real quick. Like you said, the red is all over the place. If it were used more as an accent, it'd look better.

I've chosen the silver exterior (given the 300+ days of sunshine here in the high desert). What exterior color are you considering trvlrschick? BTW, love the profile pic, I guess the dork didn't like the red either!

I'm thinking either Sterling Grey or red now, since I'm not getting the red interior. I wish Ford had a better blue for the Fusion, but I just don't like the way it looks with Deep Impact. A more slate-y blue would give it a real high-class look.

Hi folks,

So once the ventilated seats are available on the Titanium, am I reading the order-guide correctly that they will be ONLY available with the Medium Soft Ceramic seats and NOT with Charcoal Black?

Thanks for your input! :victory:

EDIT: Just double-checked the order-guide. Ventilated seats WILL be available on ANY interior color. Hooray!

Edited by EcoBoost

I noticed there is one big change from the 2013 to 2014 Fusion Titaniums in regards to the seats that is somewhat related to the cooled seats option. In 2013, all Titaniums had perforated leather seats. For 2014, the perforated leather was changed to non-perforated leather on cars that only have heated seats. You need the heated and cooled option to get the 2013-style leather.

Disregard this. On closer inspection, the 2014s still have perforated seats regardless of cooling option.

Edited by timf

hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and thought I would join since I plan on getting a new Fusion as soon as the late availability options are out.

anyways, I thought I would share some information I got regarding the late availability options after speaking with one of my local Ford dealers. Below is their response on the late availability options (cooled seats) and the 19" H-spoke wheels:

It looks like it will be January before we have heated/cooled seats. 19" wheels are also delayed but should be available by then.
The fastest way to get one would be to special order. Special orders go in before stock orders.

Placed my order today, too! The salesman said that it would arrive in the middle of November. I scoffed internally and expect it sometime in January-February.

Did you order an Energi model? I had the pleasure of sitting down with the new car manager in "the office" and watching as he entered the option codes into CONCEPS to create my order. Even though they have 94 Fusions on the lot with 20 more scheduled, he said that Ford wants to sell Energis so he would speak with the area rep on Monday and thought it would be no problem to get an allocation for an Energi. Plus, we are in NEW Mexico, next to the Republic of Mexico, so shipping from Hermosillo to here will not take as long as is required to get to you in northern VA, chick. A November delivery is entirely possible, or at least a before Christmas.

Did you order an Energi model? I had the pleasure of sitting down with the new car manager in "the office" and watching as he entered the option codes into CONCEPS to create my order. Even though they have 94 Fusions on the lot with 20 more scheduled, he said that Ford wants to sell Energis so he would speak with the area rep on Monday and thought it would be no problem to get an allocation for an Energi. Plus, we are in NEW Mexico, next to the Republic of Mexico, so shipping from Hermosillo to here will not take as long as is required to get to you in northern VA, chick. A November delivery is entirely possible, or at least a before Christmas.

I thought about it. I really like electric cars (I already have a 240V charger in my garage), but the fact that the battery almost completely takes over the trunk turned me off. I have a 7 month old baby... obviously, I haul a lot of stuff. ;)

Per the Ford Commodities Letter for orders scheduling this past Thursday, October 17th.

• Front Heated and Cooled Front Seats (46B), Heated Steering Wheel (52A), and Medium Soft Ceramic are now being selected for scheduling.

• The okay to buy has been achieved at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant (FRAP).

The "OK to Buy" status relates to retail order scheduling meaning that orders qualifying for production at Flat Rock are now available for scheduling.

• Like 1