My 2014 Titanium in Dark Side

cjh

This looks amazing. I'm coming from a 2006 acura tl a-spec and I'm very glad to hear you are enjoying your transition to the fusion. I opted for sterling grey titanium hybrid with the sunroof option. Can't wait to get mine!

Its wonderful. I don't regret trading the TL a bit. It was a great car, but the Fusion is an improvement in almost every aspect. Drives more smoothly, handles better, is more quiet, etc., and all the new technology is great.

• 4 weeks later...

That is a beautiful car, I still haven't seen one this color in person. I am still trying to decide between the medium gray and the dark side. I have already decided on the 19" H stainless steel spoke wheels. I am leaning toward the medium gray now that the brick red seats are available, but I may have to order to get what I want. I also haven't seen a dark side in person, so my opinion could still change.

Thank you! For what it's worth, I was sold on gray until I saw dark side. For all intents and purposes, consider it black. But man its stunning when it's under the light. Brick red interior is cool, but is quite bold. I'd encourage you to keep your eyes open for a dark side Fusion to get on a dealers lot near you. I think the color is also offered on the Taurus, MKZ, and Explorer, so you might be able to find one of those models in the color also.

Edited by cjh

That is a beautiful car, I still haven't seen one this color in person. I am still trying to decide between the medium gray and the dark side. I have already decided on the 19" H stainless steel spoke wheels. I am leaning toward the medium gray now that the brick red seats are available, but I may have to order to get what I want. I also haven't seen a dark side in person, so my opinion could still change.

In my opinion, dark side probably the most gorgeous color of the Fusions. I'm still baffled that Ford didn't charge a premium for the paint!

I went with the sterling gray over the dark side because of three reasons:

1. Scratches are much more visible on darker colors

2. Dirt is much more noticeable on black/dark side.

3. If you get some kind of chip or some major scratches on your car, I'd assume it'd be quite difficult to blend that new paint to the old paint. It's a blend of black with blue and green tint.

If you're leasing the car though... now that's a different story! Dark side hands down!

Ruby red and white platinum are more expensive because they are special paints. Ruby red has a tinted clear coat and white platinum is a tri-coat paint. Dark side, while a premium looking color is just a single coat plus regular clear, which is why it doesn't have a premium cost to it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...