Radio buttons not functioning properly

khyros

So, in addition to a new squeak from my radio head unit, it's decided that the actual buttons aren't going to respond properly. After much trial and error, I've discovered that it does what the previous button press was.

For example, I get in the vehicle and press tune +. Since this was the first button on the radio I pressed, nothing happens. I then press seek +. It then responds to the tune + that I previously pressed. 10 minutes later, I press seek - and it responds to the previous seek+. I decide to turn the radio off, so I press power. It then seeks -. I get frustrated and hit power again, and it responds to the first power and turns off.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? The touch screen and driver controls still work (well, at least as well as they always have... the steering wheel controls don't always respond in general, especially the seek+) just fine.

• Like 1

I had on/off issues early on and ocassionally it comes on and my USB 1 plays at start up, even though it was on FM and turned off at shut down, but this sounds like a trip to the dealership and the hope it can be reproduced.

I'll occasionally have the source change on me as you describe as well in my Edge. Nothing near what the original poster describes though. Sounds like something is out of whack for sure.

I had on/off issues early on and ocassionally it comes on and my USB 1 plays at start up, even though it was on FM and turned off at shut down, but this sounds like a trip to the dealership and the hope it can be reproduced.

I meant to say ...but your's sounds like a trip to the dealership and the hope it can be reproduced.

• 2 weeks later...