Lamin-X Tail lights?

Quix

Anybody have any experience with lamin-x film for the tail lights on a 2013+ Fusion. I noticed they offer a few different choices (tint, gunsmoke, smoked). Was curious if anybody has real life pictures of either of the shades. I am looking for something that is not too dark as to be obnoxious, just want to lessen the intensity of the red lights.

Link is here: http://www.lamin-x.com/Ford-Fusion-13-Custom-Tail-Light-Covers-p/f543.htm

Because it's always a good idea to make your car less visible to others, right?

Wrong...

Considering that many auto models offer this type of style straight from the factory I fail to see how your sarcastic response was warranted. Nonetheless, it is my understanding that these will in no way, shape, or form distort or diminish the ability of the actual lights to perform as designed in a safe manner. However, in reality that is the kind of thing I was looking to find out and is part of the reason why I asked specifically about the differences between the shades.

Anyway, if somebody has experience with these things and would like to offer some insight that would be great.

Thanks!

Wrong...

Considering that many auto models offer this type of style straight from the factory I fail to see how your sarcastic response was warranted. Nonetheless, it is my understanding that these will in no way, shape, or form distort or diminish the ability of the actual lights to perform as designed in a safe manner. However, in reality that is the kind of thing I was looking to find out and is part of the reason why I asked specifically about the differences between the shades.

Anyway, if somebody has experience with these things and would like to offer some insight that would be great.

Thanks!

How can you possibly "limit the intensity of the red lights" without lessening the ability to see them? If you believe that, I've got a few bridges I'd like to sell you.

Covering up your tail lights with anything that isn't completely clear is ridiculous, and should be illegal!

• Like 1

How can you possibly "limit the intensity of the red lights" without lessening the ability to see them? If you believe that, I've got a few bridges I'd like to sell you.

Covering up your tail lights with anything that isn't completely clear is ridiculous, and should be illegal!

What i meant by intensity was that the contrast of red lights on a black car is high. I did not mean the actual intensity of the light; I was referring to the color of the plastic. Regardless, point taken.

I agree! I have yet to see people with "cool" blacked out taillights, no matter the shade, that weren't really dim when turned on. I can't believe that lights under a car are illegal, but blacked out lights aren't.

Because it's always a good idea to make your car less visible to others, right?

:hysterical:

Looks at me, I be styl-a-cate-n..........I'ze be a dribe-en ma-cheen.

Should include a fart can w/ every set of "protective" covers.

Oh yeah & there's a slight difference with these & factory. From the factory they account for the transparncy of the lens so brigtness is maintained, in this case Ford did not factor in adding a dimming layer.

How, you ask? Those familiar with the 13+ Fusion know that the turn signal/brake lights are integrated into the same LED assembly in the middle (clear area) of the tail lights, and that the outer red ring is just a reflector. Therefore, the "gun smoke" shade of tail light tint on my Fusion does not make the vehicle any less safe to other drivers. So what were the bridges you were interested in selling?

10519587863_3c6cb474c4_c.jpg

How, you ask? Those familiar with the 13+ Fusion know that the turn signal/brake lights are integrated into the same LED assembly in the middle (clear area) of the tail lights, and that the outer red ring is just a reflector. Therefore, the "gun smoke" shade of tail light tint on my Fusion does not make the vehicle any less safe to other drivers. So what were the bridges you were interested in selling?

10519587863_3c6cb474c4_c.jpg

cjh, thanks for the reply. That car, and those lights look GREAT! Dark Side is a unique color, I like! How difficult was the install of the lamin-x?

Those familiar with the 2013 Titanium know that the red outer ring that you tinted is for the tail lights, so while you didn't reduce the visibility of the brake lights you did reduce the visibility of the taillights.

Not sure what you mean by that. The LED halos are incredibly bright...

10519570743_efe7c88135.jpg

cjh, thanks for the reply. That car, and those lights look GREAT! Dark Side is a unique color, I like! How difficult was the install of the lamin-x?

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. The install admittedly was a bit tricky. Took a while to get them to contour around the curves without bubbles, etc. Probably took a couple of hours to get it right (though, I'm quite picky when it comes to these kinds of things).

Edited by cjh