California gun-grabber "genius"

State of the art ignorance from an elected official. Its always entertaining when liberals speak to the technical merits of firearms, manufacture and engineering.

The only one more ignorant and misinformed are the people that elected the dumb ass.

State of the art ignorance from an elected official. Its always entertaining when liberals speak to the technical merits of firearms, manufacture and engineering.

The only one more ignorant and misinformed are the people that elected the dumb ass.

We have to read your state of the art ignorance on everything other than firearms so i guess it all evens out. That guy should stick to politics and you should just not say anything.

Senator "Ghost guns" Bio~

(Sounds similar to someone else in office that is likely equally clueless about firearms,the economy, healthcare ,unemployment, foreign affairs and holds the liar of the year title for 2013)

Prior to being elected to the Legislature, Senator De León worked as a community organizer, English as a Second Language and U.S. Citizenship teacher, and was a staff advocate for public schools during his five years at the California Teachers Association. He also served as a Senior Associate for the National Education Association (NEA) in Washington, D.C., where he advocated for more resources for schools in low-income neighborhoods.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reasonable question I read on another forum----------> If voting is a right of citizens of this country if they are eligible, and if asking voters to have a form of ID to vote to prove who they are..........then why is it if owning a gun is also protected under the constitution, why is it we demand they jump through hoops, pay taxes to acquire hand gun permits, etc?

Seems to me that if both of these activities are basically covered under the constitution or its amendments, we can't say with a straight face that one is an unfair tax, and the other is not.

Just a reasonable question I read on another forum----------> If voting is a right of citizens of this country if they are eligible, and if asking voters to have a form of ID to vote to prove who they are..........then why is it if owning a gun is also protected under the constitution, why is it we demand they jump through hoops, pay taxes to acquire hand gun permits, etc?

Seems to me that if both of these activities are basically covered under the constitution or its amendments, we can't say with a straight face that one is an unfair tax, and the other is not.

Well regulated....Nuff said.

Well regulated....Nuff said.

Well let's "well regulate" the vote. Nuff said.

To carry a concealed firearm requires classroom and field demonstrations of ability and testing on related issues. Fingerprints, background checks, requirements to register with the state, vehicle registration tied to your license to carry, and photo i.d.

To vote, the dumbest s.o.b. just has to SHOW UP!

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Well let's "well regulate" the vote. Nuff said.

To carry a concealed firearm requires classroom and field demonstrations of ability and testing on related issues. Fingerprints, background checks, requirements to register with the state, vehicle registration tied to your license to carry, and photo i.d.

To vote, the dumbest s.o.b. just has to SHOW UP!

well, ain't it funny that the so-called defender of our freedoms wants to limit voting.

At the time in which the 2nd Amendment was written, "well regulated" meant "well functioning" not "well controlled".

So the use of weapons should be for the purpose of a well functioning militia then?

A well functioning unit is one that is subject to rules and discipline not one that is willy nilly and independent. The standard you apply to the term well regulated doesn't make your case that there should be very little oversight of firearms.

So who said this? It doesn't seem to me that he was suggesting that every citizen can just own guns and go off on his merry way with little or no regard from the state or federal government.

"The devising and establishing of a well regulated militia, would be a genuine source of legislative honor... carrying to its full energy the power of organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia; and thus providing, in the language of the constitution, for calling them forth to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections, and repel invasions." (Address to Congress, November 19, 1794)

well, ain't it funny that the so-called defender of our freedoms wants to limit voting.

Not at all.

My position is the right to bear arms is unlimited beside convicted felons or insanity....is remarkably close to unencumbered right to vote.

However, if the "inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is not required to be enumerated in the constitution because it is acknowledged to preexist the constitution, I feel it stands above the "right to vote" which is a construct of the government and the US Constitution.

I am in no way attempting to limit ones lawful right to vote. I do have disdain for the idiots not allowed to own a firearm for their risk to the community are allowd to vote...especially when they are the folks represented on many "reality shows" and their audiences.

Take a look at "People of Walmart" and you'll understand.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Not at all.

My position is the right to bear arms is unlimited beside convicted felons or insanity....is remarkably close to unencumbered right to vote.

However, if the "inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is not required to be enumerated in the constitution because it is acknowledged to preexist the constitution, I feel it stands above the "right to vote" which is a construct of the government and the US Constitution.

I am in no way attempting to limit ones lawful right to vote. I do have disdain for the idiots not allowed to own a firearm for their risk to the community are allowd to vote...especially when they are the folks represented on many "reality shows" and their audiences.

While i can understand your feelings about violent criminals, the idea that a firearm and a single vote are equal threats to society while philosophically might seem correct, it doesn't work out that way. The potential for duly elected governments to endorse violence and mass criminality doesn't match the the potential for violence by ex-felons.

On an interesting note* The propensity for crazy people to populate these new doomsday reality shows is beginning to clear out some felons who have violated restrictions on owning firearms. Who said reality TV was bad?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/01/16/2997066/doomsday-prepper-from-buckley.html

While i can understand your feelings about violent criminals, the idea that a firearm and a single vote are equal threats to society while philosophically might seem correct, it doesn't work out that way. The potential for duly elected governments to endorse violence and mass criminality doesn't match the the potential for violence by ex-felons.

On an interesting note* The propensity for crazy people to populate these new doomsday reality shows is beginning to clear out some felons who have violated restrictions on owning firearms. Who said reality TV was bad?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/01/16/2997066/doomsday-prepper-from-buckley.html

One man with a firearm and ammo may cause several injuries/deaths before being stopped.

Where a vote can kill a country.

One man with a firearm and ammo may cause several injuries/deaths before being stopped.

Where a vote can kill a country.

Philosophically yes, but in reality it takes a lot of "supposedly" law abiding good and even godly people to set aside their better judgement and worry only about their alleged grievances. the felon is not the problem then, it is the the people who knew better.

So the use of weapons should be for the purpose of a well functioning militia then?

A well functioning unit is one that is subject to rules and discipline not one that is willy nilly and independent. The standard you apply to the term well regulated doesn't make your case that there should be very little oversight of firearms.

So who said this? It doesn't seem to me that he was suggesting that every citizen can just own guns and go off on his merry way with little or no regard from the state or federal government.

George Washington said it. So what?

One needs only look at the second clause of the 2nd Amendment: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". The Constitution does not equate "the people" as being "the government" nor does it refer to the militia in that manner. The people are the citizenry.

George Washington said it. So what?

One needs only look at the second clause of the 2nd Amendment: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". The Constitution does not equate "the people" as being "the government" nor does it refer to the militia in that manner. The people are the citizenry.

Again, the idea of a "well functioning militia" doesn't indicate that there is no regulations not that there should be. You stressed "well functioning" which is not now what your suggesting.

Again, the idea of a "well functioning militia" doesn't indicate that there is no regulations not that there should be. You stressed "well functioning" which is not now what your suggesting.

10 U.S. CODE § 311 - MILITIA: COMPOSITION AND CLASSES
prev | NEXT
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.