Sync Problems

Amy3125

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, and if someone can provide a link that would be super helpful, but I'm having problems with the Sync on my 2010 Escape (no touch screen, just basic). It was working fine until about 2 days ago, my iphone 5 would automatically connect as soon as I turned on the car. Now, it won't. When I press the phone button on either the radio panel or my steering wheel, it won't display the phone menu. The same thing happens when I pres the aux botton. Pressing the menu button only takes me to the Auto Presets option and the RBDS option, nothing else. If I plug the phone directly in via USB cable, it doesn't recognize it; it won't even charge it. My local dealer said I wouold have to bring it in and that they would charge me almost $100 to reset it. There has to be an easier/cheaper way. I am moving from KY to FL this month and don't really want to make multiple 9 hr drives back and forth without it.

Thanks so much for any/all help! :)

Go into bluetooth devices , add or delete devices and delete your iPhone 5 from the system. Then add it back in. Make sure your bluetooth is on before you do this so that it can find your phone easier. I Had to do this a few times with a 2012 model and 2014. If it won't do anything when you plug it in using your usb then check the inside of your middle charger port on the phone. There could be a lot of dust causing the bad connection.

I just found how to reset your sync and this will save you the $100 and trip to the dealer. Here is the link

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync

Edited by Fordfan82

Go into bluetooth devices , add or delete devices and delete your iPhone 5 from the system. Then add it back in. Make sure your bluetooth is on before you do this so that it can find your phone easier. I Had to do this a few times with a 2012 model and 2014. If it won't do anything when you plug it in using your usb then check the inside of your middle charger port on the phone. There could be a lot of dust causing the bad connection.

I can't get into the system at all to delete it. That was my first thought, but I literally can't get to any Sync options at all.

If it was me, I would try the following:

1- Delete the phone from sync

2- Delete Sync from the phone

3- Pull the sync fuse from the car for about 5 Min. I think the sync fuse is in the Passenger compartment fuse panel located on the right side of the center console. It might be fuse number three? Check your owners manual.

4- add the phone back into sync.

Good luck!

I already deleted sync from the phone, but again, I can't delete the phone from sync bc I cannot access ANY of the sync options. No menu, no nothing, which is the problem.

I will try the fuse thing if I can figure out how to get the black cover off and actually get to them.

Ok... Again, pressing the aux button does nothing. At all. It's like sync isn't even installed on the car. Regardless of how many times I press it, nothing happens. Pressing the menu button only gives me the options of auto presets and the rbds. That's it. I am going to have to take it in to get it fixed.