Mustang Gains Less Than 100 Pounds

No doubt it is a superior alternative, but at what point to you say hey, we would prefer to meet weight than use to superior alternative.

Ford can say we are going to shave weight from every product when you are unwilling to make sacrifices to actually save Weight,

perhaps they did shave weight, but the suspension weighed a tad more than the Blade....so, which is the best compromise?...better performance may have won this compromise.....one area I do wish they focused on more is wheel weight...but seriously lightweight wheels are astronomical price wise...so on gos the benefits vs beancounters that will always be the overseeing authority when it comes to mainstream vehicles...perhaps, and Im speculating, the SVT versions may push the boundaries....

Never, I hope.

Saving weight isn't a panacea.

Alfa 4c,,,,,featherweight...damn near unlivable as a day to day driver.....I remember the ferraris I drove that were also featherweights...rocks hitting that non carpeted carbon undercarriage whilst the un-insulated ( albeit glorious sounding ) engine came on cam right behind the ears drowning ANY form of conversation....

that's the thing SilverSVT they didn't use the Control blade design they went with an all new IRS design. this is disruptive and made it even more complex to adapt the chassis which is some cases retained the original hard points for the Control blade suspension.

To acknowledge that the Scope of the project had changed more than they originally expected, and this added alot of risk to the program.

In my opinion, the control blade IRS was dropped from Mustang for the same reason it was dropped for the Fusion... a Lincoln variant. The CB transfers more road vibration/noise to the cabin area through the trailing links. The new integral link doesn't have trailing links for better (less) NVH... something you'd expect from a luxury car.