Bonus or Raise

scanode

neither. remember, the union gave it up for our health insurance. so you are now paying part of your health insurance. kind of funny how non-union auto workers don't pay that.

That's exactly where the Sept raise is going. Some non-union workers do pay toward their health insurance, though. I wouldn't worry about a raise or bonuses, what we as employees have to worry about now is how many Ford employees are going to get THE BIG BONER from both Ford and the UAW :slug: :banmolest: :whipped: :rockon:

neither. remember, the union gave it up for our health insurance. so you are now paying part of your health insurance. kind of funny how non-union auto workers don't pay that.

In a way they probably do because we have some things they don't. We should quit fighting union or non-union. Come together and have the company give us good cars to build and stand by there quality claims and practices. Also ALL US UAW workers build the best cars we can build. If you give the customers GOOD_LOOKING, QUALITY cars they will come and probably have us wishing for an 8 hr day. Just my 2 cents.

Also we should quit all this nonsense. The company should know what needs to be done and we know what needs to be done. LET'S COME TOGETHER AS A TRUE TEAM AND DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

That's exactly where the Sept raise is going. Some non-union workers do pay toward their health insurance, though. I wouldn't worry about a raise or bonuses, what we as employees have to worry about now is how many Ford employees are going to get THE BIG BONER from both Ford and the UAW :slug: :banmolest: :whipped: :rockon:

You got it right, NoMo, Billymark will give us the purple headed, heat seeking, moisture missle before we know it! And that is why I am triing to procure alternative employment. Ford has been good for me for 13+ years, I am VERY thankful for that. But I think the time has come for me to bid FoMoCo adios. (pun intended). If the buyout comes, great. If not, I will not sacrifice my future for my now. If I get an offer to do a job to my liking for roughly said pay, thegunslinger is gone. And before anyone says that these jobs do not exist, remember that we must leave no stone unturned. And ,by the way, the stones that do not weigh that much, fling'em at the outhouse, Er, sorry, I meant the glass house. My error. Everyone who goes on to a Ford job at a different local, BEST OF LUCK, and GODSPEED!!! I just do not think that it is right for me anymore. But I'll still support all the brothers and sisters that makes Ford what it is. Good Luck all, I think that this will be the last time I post, thanks to all for the good conversation. And don't ever give up.

You got it right, NoMo, Billymark will give us the purple headed, heat seeking, moisture missle before we know it! And that is why I am triing to procure alternative employment. Ford has been good for me for 13+ years, I am VERY thankful for that. But I think the time has come for me to bid FoMoCo adios. (pun intended). If the buyout comes, great. If not, I will not sacrifice my future for my now. If I get an offer to do a job to my liking for roughly said pay, thegunslinger is gone. And before anyone says that these jobs do not exist, remember that we must leave no stone unturned. And ,by the way, the stones that do not weigh that much, fling'em at the outhouse, Er, sorry, I meant the glass house. My error. Everyone who goes on to a Ford job at a different local, BEST OF LUCK, and GODSPEED!!! I just do not think that it is right for me anymore. But I'll still support all the brothers and sisters that makes Ford what it is. Good Luck all, I think that this will be the last time I post, thanks to all for the good conversation. And don't ever give up.

Thanks for all the kind words, Gunslinger, and all the thoughts that you have shared with all of us here on this forum, I never met any thoughts of yours that I had disagreements about. I can understand that when and if you are offered a buyout, you will be riding off into the sunset, so to speak, as far as FoMoCo goes, but not out of life as you see it. Your advice about stones is very wise indeed, never leave any size unturned, you never know what you may find, a lot of good things have turned up under them. Supporting those of us who are still hanging in tough at Ford has not gone un-noticed, not be me, anyway. As far as I'm concerned, I've already had one move in the past few years, no more gypsy life for me, that's it. Hope you still stay on these threads, Gunslinger, even if you find what you are after once you are out of Ford. You're always welcome to join us around the ole campfire whenever you feel the need to share your thoughts, ideas, etc. A lot of us wouldn't mind hearing from you. Good Luck to you and Yours :beerchug: :bandance: :party2: :rockon:

In a way they probably do because we have some things they don't. We should quit fighting union or non-union. Come together and have the company give us good cars to build and stand by there quality claims and practices. Also ALL US UAW workers build the best cars we can build. If you give the customers GOOD_LOOKING, QUALITY cars they will come and probably have us wishing for an 8 hr day. Just my 2 cents.

Also we should quit all this nonsense. The company should know what needs to be done and we know what needs to be done. LET'S COME TOGETHER AS A TRUE TEAM AND DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

AMEN i am non union and we pay 300 + a month :runaway:

WOW! great metaphor! lol.....I plan to ride the ship until it sinks. I make good money, and after looking....I will not make it anywhere else. I will persue other training in finance, but I will stick with Ford and they will have to DRAG me...kicking and scratching all the fukin way to the door!!!! LOL

AT this point...I dont' care about raises either. I just want to keep my job. But, the current agreement expires in 2007, and any health care agreements expire then. I am sure our union will negotiate that we will give up any raises or bonus' to keep our health car intact. We will be paying our raise that we are supposed to get in September, as well as any cola...until the new contract. At least that is my understanding of the agreement that was made when the union forged our 51% ratification vote to change the contract.

WOW! great metaphor! lol.....I plan to ride the ship until it sinks. I make good money, and after looking....I will not make it anywhere else. I will persue other training in finance, but I will stick with Ford and they will have to DRAG me...kicking and scratching all the fukin way to the door!!!! LOL

AT this point...I dont' care about raises either. I just want to keep my job. But, the current agreement expires in 2007, and any health care agreements expire then. I am sure our union will negotiate that we will give up any raises or bonus' to keep our health car intact. We will be paying our raise that we are supposed to get in September, as well as any cola...until the new contract. At least that is my understanding of the agreement that was made when the union forged our 51% ratification vote to change the contract.

You mentioned a key word on the ratification vote of 51%---F-O-R-G-E-D. Shows you right there who the UAW....REALLY represents. :kissass: :kissass: I did hear that some Ford workers have decided to take to it to court a while back, haven't heard anything about it at all since then, any news on that?Just asking. :shrug:

Apparently no one read what the vote was actually about. What we voted on was to give up our 2006 pay raise in September and 3-5 cents of COLA per hour. If COLA was a decline this quarter then the cost would be 3 cents per hour. If we got a COLA increase then the cost would be 5 cents per hour. Those cost are not to go toward current hourly employees health care, it was for retirees. Ford doesnt owe retirees healthcare, legally. Yes, the UAW and retirees can fight if Ford just dumps the retirees healthcare because they've always paid for it, but Ford was ready to dump it and the UAW said they would help pay for it. The UAW along with a handful of retirees did sue Ford for wanting to dump the healthcare, but the judge saw that the negotiated package with the UAW to keep the retiree healthcare and how it was funded as acceptable. Ford was told from day 1 that the UAW was going to sue them. The UAW actually doesnt have the legal authority to bargain for the retirees because they dont work for Ford anymore. The healthcare that retirees get are "Promises" that the company no longer wants to keep.

The retirees that hired the lawyer to represent them was the same lawyer that represented GM retirees and lost there also. The UAW sued GM also and the judge found the package GM and the UAW negotiated was sufficient to fund "GM's promises' also. If GM & Ford was to dump the retirees, you better beleive Delphi and all the other companies out there that have these same legacy cost would have followed right behind them. Those agreements with the UAW and Ford/GM are what is keeping all Union and non-Union companies paying the legacy cost. IBM, P&G, Caterpillar, pick any trucking company, Airlines, UPS and countless others are just waiting for a judge to give the greenlight to dump retiree healthcare.

If Ford would have dumped the retirees, no one would have any incentive to retire. Retiree healthcare is a bargain at around $750 out of pocket expense a year compared to what most pay monthly out of pocket. Those on medicare and medicaid through their state pay that amount out of their pocket if not more per month.

I am glad to give up my 2006 raise and 3-5 cents of COLA per hour for people who have retired or are going to retire, so they can have decent healthcare. Think about it, it Ford dumped their healthcare and they went on the states dime, then we would be paying far more than out 2006 raise and 3-5 cents COLA per hour in taxes.

If not now, when will a Universal Healthcare plan be needed? It's time is now for everyone to have the same healthcare and shift the cost to everyone!