2013 2.0L Stalling/ Rough Idle

digijay

My 2013 Titanium 2.0L Ecoboost has stalled out on me three times in the last few weeks and it's had an intermittent rough idle since new. Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm at 69,000kms.

Different gas each time, different speeds (20km/h, 30km/h, 50 km/h). Nothing consistant other than each time was under 50 km/h

Dealer seems to be as confused as I am.

That's a bummer. When a problem manifests itself like you describe about all you can do is keep scrupulous notes about everything - date, time, speed, time running, turning, stopping, weather conditions, time to restart, sound observations (any sound that's different), accessory operation, night or day. There's probably more observation criteria if I thought about it some more. It seems to me that the "intermittent rough idle since new" should be a very good diagnostic clue. Does this rough idle include both neutral and in gear when stopped? What is your level of confidence in your dealer's abilities? I ask because I have a lot of confidence in my local Ford dealer (Woody Anderson). Has your dealer pulled any codes from the engine management computer?

Whatever happens please keep this forum up to date.

I had the problems as described in ID 14S17 back in November. I had my vehicle in the dealer a total of four times. The only way they were able to get the issue to go away was by replacing the entire engine wiring harness. The fix now is likely less drastic, but my dealer was desperate.

It threw all kinds of codes, engine surging on the highway, no torque when getting on the throttle, and engine stalling. Since having this fixed I have had no problems with the vehicle.