2016 Fusion - Refresh?

lucidrenegade

Usually Ford's mid cycle update includes a very short model year run so if it is scheduled for 2017 model year, it means the current model will have a very short 2016 model year run. We should be seeing the new model come out in Spring 2016 (i.e. this time next year)

Edited by bzcat

Any word on when the next-gen EB 2.0 will make its way into the Fusion? When it was announced a few months ago it sounded to me as if it was going to happen without a model year or two.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140624/OEM04/140629942/ford-to-replace-2.0-liter-ecoboost-engine-after-just-4-model-years

As with the redesign I wouldn't let it hold you up - it ain't going to be any kind of game changer. The current 2.0 is perfectly fine, good low end & can move the fusion pretty quick if need be = fine for sedan (remember it ain't an Edge). Game changers would be if Ford would join this century & dump the torque converter auto - direct shift, even a CVT would be better. Another game changer would be bring a diesel here. Going from 26 to maybe 30mpg ain't much.

If you want to wait, wait but I don't see it as being "all that".

Edited by Bailey151

No, there will not be a refresh. The order guide for 2016 has already been leaked on another forum. Only changes are to paint colors and a few options.

Yeah, I found the order guide and saw they were only adding a new rim type, new black color and some eco mode for the hybrid. Looks like the red interior option is gone as well.

Was looking at local inventory for a loaded 2015 AWD Titanium, but most of them don't have Adaptive Cruise. Oh well.

Yeah, I found the order guide and saw they were only adding a new rim type, new black color and some eco mode for the hybrid. Looks like the red interior option is gone as well.

Was looking at local inventory for a loaded 2015 AWD Titanium, but most of them don't have Adaptive Cruise. Oh well.

Bummer. ACC is the best option. :)

Complete SWAG done 6 months ago. That could also be the new Taurus, not Fusion in the spy photos.

Yep, that one is due for a refresh - doesn't match the lineup.

LMAO - I like the references to the others given they are ALL clones of the Fusion (the "wide mouth" look). Have they seen a 6 in person? I've seen turds better looking. I like the "2014 Passat".......um, ah, the Passat might be the single most boring car in the road. Keeping up with Toyota? LMAO, please, they haven't had an orginal thought in a decade or more. Toyota is the company that copied BMW down to the but ugly rear end......yeah, they have a clue.

Like the 90's (95? 96? IIRC) Passat the Fusion has changed auto design - all of the sedans bear some resemblance to the Fusion. It may get a refresh but it will be the design others are based on for quite some time (even if it's an Aston-Jag lol)