Oh Great Wizard What about WSP?

kandc5397

Wizard we read in the papers, much like your self. we here at Woohaven Staming plant read a plant in Wood haven is closing. We are currently having a vote @ 8/25/06 on major work rule changes and is more than likey to pass,it almost a given. So great Wizard what rumblings are you hearing?

Wizard we read in the papers, much like your self. we here at Woohaven Staming plant read a plant in Wood haven is closing. We are currently having a vote @ 8/25/06 on major work rule changes and is more than likey to pass,it almost a given. So great Wizard what rumblings are you hearing?

I would like to know also what is going on with Woodhaven Forging Plant...thank you.

I would like to know also what is going on with Woodhaven Forging Plant...thank you.

I haven't seen anything on either they should be safe. Only closures are Wayne stamping in 2011

and Maumme 2008 for now.

Walton Hills is only a possible.

i'ts good you're working with them on the changes. One day after the President went on record in the Freepress as fighting Buyouts at local 245 as " sellouts " the company GEN'ed 68 workers trades and non skilled with another 60 to follow in September. So here is an example of what happens when you show a unwillingness to work with them.

Edited by the_wizard

I haven't seen anything on either they should be safe. Only closures are Wayne stamping in 2011

and Maumme 2008 for now.

i'ts good you're working with them on the changes. One day after the President went on record in the Freepress as fighting Buyouts at local 245 as " sellouts " the company GEN'ed 68 workers trades and non skilled with another 60 to follow in September. So here is an example of what happens when you show a unwillingness to work with them.

I was told by some in the know union rep's. from the Rouge that the guy that was quoted in the paper was a real dimwitted fruitcake. People like him are quoted and it makes us all look bad. He stated that the locals will die if the employees getting buyouts aren't replaced at least one for every two leaving. What people like him don't understand, is, if FoMoCo dies,ALL the locals die. When all this trouble is behind us, those of us who are left should be in good shape. In ten years the company will be hiring again. Keep the faith, we really don't have any other choice if we intend on riding this out.

I was told by some in the know union rep's. from the Rouge that the guy that was quoted in the paper was a real dimwitted fruitcake. People like him are quoted and it makes us all look bad. He stated that the locals will die if the employees getting buyouts aren't replaced at least one for every two leaving. What people like him don't understand, is, if FoMoCo dies,ALL the locals die. When all this trouble is behind us, those of us who are left should be in good shape. In ten years the company will be hiring again. Keep the faith, we really don't have any other choice if we intend on riding this out.

Nicely put.

and Maumme 2008 for now.

Why would Wayne close? We have been on mandatory overtime just to keep up with production of the current model....and the 2008 is a great looking car (I think it will sell even better).........

i'm pretty good friends with both of our BARG reps and as i talk to them today i'm still unclear on why everyone thinking that were closing in 2011. we have not been informed of any such thing here at wayne isa. this doesn't even seem to be a rumor here? more help or info would be great.

i'm pretty good friends with both of our BARG reps and as i talk to them today i'm still unclear on why everyone thinking that were closing in 2011. we have not been informed of any such thing here at wayne isa. this doesn't even seem to be a rumor here? more help or info would be great.

Bottom line

Ford makes little to no profit selling small cars. The Mexican plant is retooling for a quote World Car

that will be exported everywhere. www.automotivenews .com august 8,2005 read it

Ford will only build trucks in the U.S. because they make $$

After the next generation of Focus there isn't a plan to continue to build the car in Wayne ISA. The profit margins are so small on the Focus that it is going to be moved to a area that offers cheaper labor. The Fusion was put in Mexico intentionally and the Focus will follow.